Millington-Craigmont

MarkH

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I want to thank Craigmont administration for moving the game to Millington, Hopefully this wil bring out a bigger crowd and the field will lead to less injuries.

Congrats to Coach Clifton and the Freshman. The Varsity seniors still say they are the best freshman you had though.

Also if a player transferrs in and shows all the proof required to show residence then I really don't think a coach has the time or need to follow each player home to confirm what he say's.

Should be a good game. Field is ok not great but hey it is alot better that GreenHill.

FIGHT TROJANS FIGHT

NEVER GIVE UP

With the Arlington open date, I am out of town - I heard Craigmont beat Millington 7-0 - Is that correct? Big win for the Chiefs if true.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is true, I did not go, but was told Millington had fumbled inside the Craigmont 5 yard line with little time left in the 4th.

Yep. 7-0 Craigmont. I was there, but late. I believe Craigmont scored on the first play and that was it. Millington didn't threaten until their final drive. They took over at their 8 or 9 with 9 minutes and change on the clock. They drove the field and fumbled on a 4th and goal from the 4 with 50 seconds left.

It looked like Craigmont, whether by scheme or speed, took away the sweep and that caused Millington to sputter all night offensively.

Where was everyone at? There was no crowd whatsoever and unfortunately, lots of injuries. I heard one of Millington's coaches say after the game that Millington suffered 3 serious injuries including what he thought was a broken ankle or foot. Hopefully it's not that serious.

If you like a sloppy football game played between the 20 yard lines with no points being scored this was your game. Congrates to the Chiefs on the victory. Definitely true when coaches say be ready from the first play because it was the first play of the game 50, 60 70yd bomb for a TD which was about the only play of the game. We had to sit in the cold sloppy rainy weather next 47 min 30 seconds of the game and endure some ugly football. I will say craigmont defense played a solid game and did what was necessary to keep millington out of the endzone. Early prediction is Craigmont locks up their spot next week with a win over bartlett. Good Luck Chiefs next week and in the playoffs, represent 14AA 5A well.

I will say this now that the game has been played. Ace mentioned it in another topic, but we had 5 regular starters suspended for this game and another that had emerged as a starter that missed the game and possibly the remainder of the season due to a medical issue. One of the players suspended was the teams leading tackler. I think this speaks for itself on how Coach Van Hooks is doing the right thing for his program and trying to make a statement to this team that it doesnt matter who you are, you have to follow the rules.

The game tonight was definitely a defensive struggle and both teams gave everything they had and left it all on the field. Millington looked to be poised to tie the game at the end but a big defensive stand on 4th and goal held them out and preserved the win for Craigmont. The game next week between Arlington and Millington will be a big win to decide the district champion.

GoChiefs, You are without adoubt correct And I say this this with the upmost respect for Coach VanHooks and his staff. I am a TROJAN my son Is A TROJAN, but I work with Coach VanHooks, and coach I put the s on there"HA,HA,".

Do not misunderstand TROJAN fans, If you know me you know what outcome I wanted. However I for one am very proud of the fact that Coach VanHooks did the right thing and is working hard to set the right example for his kids.

Because I have a love for these kids, I want to congradulate them on a great win,and a shout out to to James ,LA, Logan, Ricky,Thomas and Jeff, I always enjoy our banter. Good Luck to The CHIEFS in the playoffs.

Doug :roflol: PS "LET'S GO TROJANS"

Thanks Doug. We are especially proud of LA, Ricky, Smiley, Jeff, Nikko, Keenan, Cordarius, Kirk.....I could go all night long. We all were amazed about what this team was able to do tonight by playing as a team and giving their all.

Man, Sorry I forgot NIKKO, Great kid. I assure you I will let them all Know Monday I am Proud of them, but they have games left to play Just like MY Trojans. By the way GOCHIEFS great job on your loyalty to coach V, shows alot about your character. My son told me after the game that all the chiefs were always good sports with him on the field, and knowing all the banter we have had over the last three years, that really reinforces what I know there are great kids at Craigmont. :roflol: