Week 9 IMAC Report

Red81KPsmash

The IMAC playoff qualifiers will be set after this weeks games (at least I think they will be). Here are the standings and predictions on this weeks games.

1. Sevier Co. (8-0, 5-0) - will wrap up IMAC title with a win over South-Doyle. Look for the bears to make a strong play-off push in 6A.

2. Mo. West (6-2, 4-1) - must win out or hope for an East loss to Jeff. Co. or Sevier Co. (like their not anyway) to take second automatic spot. Great defense against the run in the muck at JC.

3. Mo. East (5-3, 4-1) - I think they have qualified for the play-offs, but who knows! Need to finish strong against Jeff. and Sevier to get momentum. Not an easy close.

4. Jefferson Co. (3-5, 3-2) - loss to West last week pretty much sealed my Patriots hopes for play-off birth. Second straight year without the playoffs in Dumplin Valley. Need to win out to build for next year.

5. Seymour (3-5, 2-3) - this weeks game versus Cherokee is a loser go home game. Seymour has played really tough against Jeff. and Sevier, while Cherokee has been blown out by both.

6. Cherokee (2-6, 1-4) - Mobuck could qualify for the dance with a victory over Seymour. Must prove they can play with a good team.

7. Cocke Co. (2-6, 1-4) - if they can beat West and Cherokee, the Cocks could get playoff eligible. Stranger things have happened in Newport before.

8. South-Doyle (0-8, 0-5) - rough first year in the IMAC for the Cherokees. How have the Freshman and JV done this year?

I think the playoff representatives from the IMAC will be Sevier Co. (6A and overall champ), Mo. West (2nd overall and 5A champ), Mo. East, and Seymour. My question is do these teams make it or will the two nonautomatic qualifiers become "wildcards"?

I'm sure Greeneville misses the IMAC. It has got to be boring to show up every week during conference play and know you are going to win by 40 points.

I miss the trips down to Morristown, but I think the change in conference has been a good thing for Crockett. We are now playing in county rival Science Hill. The stands were packed for that game.

I don't know about the Greenville comment, but I do miss the old IMAC. Canefan, how have you liked the "new" IMAC? I think it is cool to play some new people (Seymour, South-Doyle again in the same region) as well as the old standbys of East, West, Cherokee. It would not hurt my feelings to booot Sevier Co. out though :roll: ! Just kidding. They have a great team this year.

Look forward to visiting the Canes this week at what I think is the premier stadium and playing surface in the area.

Jeff co. is always IMAC in my book. It is hard for me(being old school) to rally around SC,Seymour and SD being IMAC. If they are going to let 6a and 5a be in a conference together to "cut down on travel", why not put 4a in there too and really cut it down?

I may get used to it..................but no time soon.

I agree about Jeff always being IMAC. It took me several years to get used to being in 5A with DB and Science Hill et al. It is good to be back in the IMAC in all sports. It will take some time for the new members to become rivals, but at least we will play each other in all sports. That will help them grow quicker. Lok forward to seeing you guys on a soggy night( at least it will not be muddy!!)