Oakland vs Christian Co., Ky.

patsprez

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christian County currently has a 6 game win streak and is ranked 24th in Kentucky (including all schools, public and private) and 6th in 5A. They went to the state tournament last year in Kentucky and lost in the finals. They lost their first two games this year, but the total losses for those two opponents this year is 2 (both teams have only lost one game, one being Franklin, TN). They are just north of Fort Campbell (Hopkinsville), so I would anticipate a lot of Army dependents on the team and better than average athletes. I would guess we will see some Army green in the stands and hear Ranger yells. My initial scouting report is that they are a very unorthodox team constantly moving people around to avoid mismatches and mess up blocking schemes. They will have a hard time matching up with the muscle of Oakland, so they will try to confuse Oakland's lines. The strategy for both Oakland's lines should be simple -- knock anything down in front of you. Hopefully they will get even less running yards than Blackman (9 yards in 27 carries for an average of only one foot per carry -- Wow!). Anyone know more?

Prediction -- Oakland 24, Christian County 0

Trust me when I say, that the Patriots of Oakland will dispense of the Christian County Colonels with ease. This game (along with the earlier game this year against this year) will prove that Tennessee football is simply on a whole different level when compared to what Kentucky has to offer. Tennessee football compared to Kentucky football is like comparing apples to uh.... Stevie Wonder riding on a dragon (it just doesn't work).

Christian County plays one of the toughest schedules in Kentucky. The are very athletic and truly fast. Dont under estimate this group, made a QB change week 3 and have rolled 6 wins. Only team I have ever seen losing 35-14 in the forth quarter in a game with 7 minutes remaining to win the game by 6 to win a region title. Played High Lands, Ranked 18 in the nation, and was losing by 6 in the forth quarter until they lost in the final seven minutes. Oakland is big and tough, but County is fast and very athletic.

Oakland 24 - County 17

Christian County is maybe a top 30 team in Kentucky this year, and Kentucky does not have very strong football, with the exception of St. X and Trinity(and Highlands this year.) They were pretty good last year, losing to Highlands 35-15 in the 5A state title game. They already got whipped by Franklin 31-13 and Bowling Green 22-3 this year. The only decent teams they have beaten thus far are Owensboro 13-10 and Henderson County 47-31, but those teams would barely be top 40 in Tennessee. Oakland, IMHO, is top 5 in all of Tennessee this year. Oakland should handle them easily 28-7.