A Football Poem for Mom's/Dad's

UpNorth

My pleasure I am glad everyone enjoyed it as much as I did/do everytime I read the poem. Like many of you said its home and HARD. Whether you have a kid not even close to graduating (Me) or one that graduated years ago or even played the game. This poem gets you no matter what and thats what I love about it.

I was at a team dinner a couple of years ago ( I had known about this poem by then) and a senior mom stood up to talk. This was I think Week 9 of the season.She asked that all the seniors and their parents stand up as well. Then she started reading this poem and I knew I wouldnt be able to hold back the tears for the life of me and I didnt even have a son to cry for. Matter of fact I think they started before she even got the first sentence finished!!LOL By the end of the poem there was not a dry eye in the room.

To all you parents out there please let your sons know how special this time is and to not take for granted this moment in their lives. This will be one of many "The time of their lifes" as they get to be grown men. But no matter if they are undefeated or have not won a game all year Friday Nights are SPECIAL and you cannot get that feeling back when they are gone. I was lucky enough to go on and play one year of college football and it did not compare to playing in front of your hometown on Friday Nights.

Once again I am glad everyone has enjoyed this poem as much as I have.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i can say is that was GREAT i have been through that twice and have no more in school ,,,but that last night my youngest son played was one of the hardest night's of my life,,,i really miss them out there after playing from 6yr's old until being a senior ,,,,it was really tough the next yr but i was there just about every game home and away and this is the 3rd yr sense then and guess what i am still at every game like Moto said that's how jb roll's :D

GO DEVIL"S

Wonderful poem! And because you know the heart your son puts into the game you feel all the emotions with him rather he's happy dissapointed hurt or elated, as a parent you feel them all. My son is only a sophmore and has played since he was 7, but he is already such a young man. But the one emotion I always feel regardless of the outcome of the game or efforts on the field, is pride. Pride in the boy he has been and the man/leader he has become on the field.