repeating rule

pujo

I thought the rule only pertains to age once they are a senior. Something like they can't turn 19 before a certain date. Not sure though

In Tenn they can't turn 19 before Aug 1st. I think some other rules apply. Seems like some schools were holding alot of their better atheletes back at one time and they came up with some rules to deter it. Thanks for the responce Pirite Mike.

Repeating Rule

Section 7. A student who repeats the seventh or eighth grade after passing that grade and participates in school athletics while repeating shall be ineligible to participate in athletics in the ninth grade.

Thats sort of what I thought, I guess they could forfeit the year they stayed back or either their freshman year.

I think hes right pujo my dad held me back in th 6th grade pertaining to that same rule once you get held back in the 7th I believe you are inelgible your freshman year of highschool but I believe it is just for varsity sports only. You can still play Junior Varsity if I am not mistaken.

Thanks. Just doing my homework.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...