Has any team ever not allowed a goal through district play?

eyeonu

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does it really matter. i checked an annual state contender's record back several years and they gave up 2-5 goals every year in reg season thru districts and regions. i suspect had they not subbed liberally and wanted to could have won by any score they chose. big deal. undefeated in disricts/regions for 4 years.

what is perplexiing is the continued disparity in some of the districts, and i really don't see that changing based on next year. it seems no one is really raising their level of play, and the better teams stay or get better. i just think that's a tough problem to solve. perhaps for minds greater than mine.

Station Camp did not allow a goal through regular-season district play nor through the district tournament this season? Have a lot of other teams accomplished that in the past? I mean, does that happen on a relatively regular basis? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Want to be sure I understand your statement. Euro shows several goals against. I guess they are not district games?

In 2006 St. Agnes went 19 games before one goal was scored (non-district game) and one more in Regionals. Zero in State, for a total of 2 against the entire 23 game season. That is a state record.

Blackman girls did it maybe 2000 or 2001 can't remember-We Warren Co lost to them in the district finals that year 1-0 golden goal-funny thing is we won the district that year tied them zero zero in the regular season and because goal differential was the second tie breaker we won the district-I can still see coach vice saying you mean we are the two seed and did not allow a goal (priceless) except of course they beat us in the finals so I guess he laughed last

what is perplexiing is the continued disparity in some of the districts, and i really don't see that changing based on next year. it seems no one is really raising their level of play, and the better teams stay or get better. i just think that's a tough problem to solve. perhaps for minds greater than mine.

The only way to overcome "disparity" is to implement a level system of play between teams like the pro levels in europe where teams are "promoted" and "relegated" based on their ability to compete. However, that is impractical in High School soccer because of the travel that would be involved for these teams to play. After all, these are High School students whose main job is to get an education and soccer is an "extracurricular activity" instead of being professional athletes who spend their time playing soccer.

Living Waaayyyyyyyyyy over here in the West, we manage to find a way to get good soccer. We host two events with another program and we travel twice to find good matches. The tourney's we host help defray the travel.

Which brings up another thought. With St Agnes, St Benedict, St Briarcrest, St ECS, St Marys, and St Georges and St Hutchison, and ya kinda wonder why they don't host an event

Living Waaayyyyyyyyyy over here in the West, we manage to find a way to get good soccer. We host two events with another program and we travel twice to find good matches. The tourney's we host help defray the travel.

Which brings up another thought. With St Agnes, St Benedict, St Briarcrest, St ECS, St Marys, and St Georges and St Hutchison, and ya kinda wonder why they don't host an event

Until soccermon gets to Ensworth today, I make be your only source for reply. This is MOO.

St. Agnes, St. Mary's and St. Hutch don't have large enough fields to host.

These are all private schools where the facilities are maintained by outside resources and don't have the booster support you guys have. Parents would rather pay and travel than work and host. I think the CHS boosters water, cut, repair the grass, run concessions and so forth to afford a great site, not provided by the school board. Also you have numbers, they don't. CHS a GHS have 3 girls teams and I don't know how many boys teams. St. A, St. M, St. H are only girls schools and small in numbers.

If St. George's, St. Benedict and St. Briarcrest would orchestrate an event, I think the others would follow/or assist. It could be a full time job getting it off the ground, so it would need some strong leadership. I think it would be more pride driven than expense driven. I don't know how the other private schools do it, but my experience was that the parents pay for Katie Hunter travel.... bus, food, hotel. Nashville events are car-pooled, players stayed with parents cost the school zero. State expenses are covered by the school.

We did have a great day every year where SAA and Hutch (I think) traveled to Nashville to play Father Ryan and BGA and the next year they came hear. We provided lunch for team and families, and they did as well. It was great and as early in August as allowed. TSSAA, killed that with their limitations.