Greeneville at Claiborne???

DevilMan03

With all this rain how is the Claiborne field holding up or will hold up, or is it gone already this late in the year?

It is their practice field as well as their playing fiield and it has seen more rain this year than the previous three years combined so it won't be as speedy as the field turf....probably a good thing for the Bulldogs.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

knowledge the only knowledge you and cghs knows about is what are you going to eat next :roll: This post is about claiborne and g-ville I don't recall seeing anything about the pussycats. So I'm done arguing with you 2 want'a B's.

Dontcha just luuuuuvvvvvv a good in-county rivalry :thumb:

Some Gap fans would pull against Claiborne if they were playing Osama's Taliban all-star team. :roll:

knowledge the only knowledge you and cghs knows about is what are you going to eat next :thumb: This post is about claiborne and g-ville I don't recall seeing anything about the pussycats. So I'm done arguing with you 2 want'a B's.

Dontcha just luuuuuvvvvvv a good in-county rivalry :roll:

Some Gap fans would pull against Claiborne if they were playing the Taliban all-star team. B)

Now that's funny :roll: , I don't care who you support. Good one Big Daddy B)

knowledge the only knowledge you and cghs knows about is what are you going to eat next :thumb: This post is about claiborne and g-ville I don't recall seeing anything about the pussycats. So I'm done arguing with you 2 want'a B's.

Dontcha just luuuuuvvvvvv a good in-county rivalry :roll:

Some Gap fans would pull against Claiborne if they were playing Osama's Taliban all-star team. :roll:

Hmmmmm, If you ask some of the Greene County fans, they'd say you were!!!

Good news for Claiborne, 63% of the fans across the state have picked Claiborne over the Devils on the Big Ones:thumb: . In Conference opinion based on message boards not so Good for Claiborne :roll: . Bottom line, the game starts 0-0 :thumb: .

Why not? Thats how the AP writers do it.

It is a flawed system for sure, I wonder how many media that vote in the AP poll have even seen Claiborne play....but it is good for both teams....these Claiborne kids can cut it out put it in their scrapbooks and show their kids I played on the first Claiborne team to ever be ranked in the top 10 in the state. Both teams have extra motivation to prove the poll was either right or wrong....and if the Devils win it surely won't hurt their position to say we beat the 5th ranked team in the state. It is after all not where you start in the poll but where you finish that is important.

Dontcha just luuuuuvvvvvv a good in-county rivalry :D

Some Gap fans would pull against Claiborne if they were playing Osama's Taliban all-star team. B)

i dont have a problem with claiborne or with u big daddy, ur quotes r always well informed and pretty much strictly about the game, i just really hate bobcat statechamps and i dont even know him!lol he is really giving claiborne a bad name on here bc every time he posts something, its stupid and usually wrong about whatever is being talked about.

i dont have a problem with claiborne or with u big daddy, ur quotes r always well informed and pretty much strictly about the game, i just really hate bobcat statechamps and i dont even know him!lol he is really giving claiborne a bad name on here bc every time he posts something, its stupid and usually wrong about whatever is being talked about.

I try not to hate anyone cghs 72....it will shorten your life not theirs IMO....I have far too many friends(fans and coaches) on both sides of the river to get too involved with the jawing, and honestly I may be the minority but I always pull for the Gap, unless they are playing Claiborne. I know and I know the Claiborne coaches know that Greeneville is on another level....the Bulldogs are working to be where the Greene Devils are now with their program....to win or give the Devils a tough competitive game would do wonders for the program and the conference as well IMO.

I try not to hate anyone cghs 72....it will shorten your life not theirs IMO....I have far too many friends(fans and coaches) on both sides of the river to get too involved with the jawing, and honestly I may be the minority but I always pull for the Gap, unless they are playing Claiborne. I know and I know the Claiborne coaches know that Greeneville is on another level....the Bulldogs are working to be where the Greene Devils are now with their program....to win or give the Devils a tough competitive game would do wonders for the program and the conference as well IMO.

I'm with you bigdaddy. The claiborne/CG game is over with and done. Claiborne won this time. CG can try again next year. Keep this thread to Greeneville/Claiborne. Having seen both play, I have to give the edge to Greeneville and probably in a big way. Their front 7 is too much for the bulldogs. Fuson is a good player, but he will not have a good night simply running the ball against the devils. If they want to get him the ball and get him involved then they need to throw it to him, otherwise, it will be a very long night for the bulldogs. Best of luck to both teams. I for one am proud that two teams from our conference are in the top 10 in the state AP polls. Even if it doesn't mean anything, it still gives publicity to our conference and to every team that plays in it. I hope the Devils have a safe trip over and back and i hope that the game is injury free for both teams. :thumb:

I'm with you bigdaddy. The claiborne/CG game is over with and done. Claiborne won this time. CG can try again next year. Keep this thread to Greeneville/Claiborne. Having seen both play, I have to give the edge to Greeneville and probably in a big way. Their front 7 is too much for the bulldogs. Fuson is a good player, but he will not have a good night simply running the ball against the devils. If they want to get him the ball and get him involved then they need to throw it to him, otherwise, it will be a very long night for the bulldogs. Best of luck to both teams. I for one am proud that two teams from our conference are in the top 10 in the state AP polls. Even if it doesn't mean anything, it still gives publicity to our conference and to every team that plays in it. I hope the Devils have a safe trip over and back and i hope that the game is injury free for both teams. :angry:

i totally agree with both of you, ur exactly right, bobcatstatechamps should take some notes over what to say about stuff from what u guys have said :thumb: . i totally agree with what veerman said, claiborne is a good team but greeneville in the end will be to strong and to fast for them or for any of us to have kept up with, they have been playin simply better competetion and beating better competetion than claiborne or cumberland gap or anyone else in this conference hopefully we will all get to there level in a few years, good luck to both teams.

Hang in there...your programs are quite young compared to Greeneville. Greeneville football had its humble beginnings with 1 game against Tusculum College in 1906 which we lost 11-6. We had our first truly competitive "conference" for lack of a better term,in 1923. We joined the "Big 5" in 1956 and grew with it until we joined the IMAC in 1977. I didn't mean to give a history lecture but my point is Greeneville has had a lot longer to get where they are than anyone in the conference. We should be better, we've had a lot longer to build. Several conference teams are building at a scary pace and it won't be long before Blue Ridge is making a lot of noise in East Tennessee.