District 11AAA Predictions!!

basketballfan23

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Franklin vs. Brentwood game turned out to be a good one this Friday night ending on a buzzer beater by Nelson. The Rebels ended up winning by three, 53-50, with McLemore leading the way with 15 points. Tidwell for the Bruins had a solid game netting 20. However, I still believe this district won't go far in tournament play.

Anyone have the current standings and remaining schedule?

I didn't see Brentwood coming along like they have. King is showing why he is the best coach in the district. Hopefully my Eagles can get it together.

Try the internet...I hear it's a great tool!! :thumb:;)

With all the cancellations due to snow and such. I can't find an accurate schedule or standings. I have looked on the INTERNET. Seems like there is only one tool on this board. Any one else have accurate district standings as the season winds down?

Congratulations to the Rebels on the victory at Brentwood! I noticed on Channel 3 that Nelson had the first and last three. McLemore had a big game too and Matthews was coming back after being sick.

Franklin has three more BIG games with Ravenwood Tuesday and Independence on Friday. These are both home games. On Monday, the Rebels head over to Centenniel. Boys, get ready to play like you've never played before!

until franklin stops substituting so much they're never going to reach they're potential. If you can go 10 deep with not much drop off and you full court press the whole game then i can see subbing 5 in and 5 out. but franklin goes 7 deep thats all. yet they try to use 9 players and sub 2 or 3 in every 2 or 3 minutes with all different combinations, the same 5 hardly ever play together for any length of time. you can't form any type of chemistry like that. thats what happened early in the season when they were winning, the same 5 played pretty much the whole game. as far as the deal with hillsboro goes mcmillan and his boys were just trying to intimidate franklin and it worked, franklin did nothing to show that they were not intimidated, quit whining and him them back in the mouth, figuratively not literally. franklin, play your best 5 and get an attitude and you have a shot to go deep in the tourny and for gods sake quit subbing so much

From what I have seen the subbing is to keep the top 5 away from foul trouble. When the game is on the line in the 4th the starters are in there. Those subs are giving valuable minutes to keep it close until the starters can come in and close it out. The difference between the first 10 games and the last 10 has been Debrell McLemore. He is getting into the paint but he is not finishing. The first 10 he probably averaged 20 to 25 ppg. The last 10 he has probably averaged 10 to 15 ppg. If Debrell can get his game back, F will be a strong contender pending no foul trouble from the top 5. IMO

until franklin stops substituting so much they're never going to reach they're potential. If you can go 10 deep with not much drop off and you full court press the whole game then i can see subbing 5 in and 5 out. but franklin goes 7 deep thats all. yet they try to use 9 players and sub 2 or 3 in every 2 or 3 minutes with all different combinations, the same 5 hardly ever play together for any length of time. you can't form any type of chemistry like that. thats what happened early in the season when they were winning, the same 5 played pretty much the whole game. as far as the deal with hillsboro goes mcmillan and his boys were just trying to intimidate franklin and it worked, franklin did nothing to show that they were not intimidated, quit whining and him them back in the mouth, figuratively not literally. franklin, play your best 5 and get an attitude and you have a shot to go deep in the tourny and for gods sake quit subbing so much

From what I have seen the subbing is to keep the top 5 away from foul trouble. When the game is on the line in the 4th the starters are in there. Those subs are giving valuable minutes to keep it close until the starters can come in and close it out. The difference between the first 10 games and the last 10 has been Debrell McLemore. He is getting into the paint but he is not finishing. The first 10 he probably averaged 20 to 25 ppg. The last 10 he has probably averaged 10 to 15 ppg. If Debrell can get his game back, F will be a strong contender pending no foul trouble from the top 5. IMO

i understand the concept but what if nobody is in foul trouble. also, sometimes a player will hit 2 three pointers in a row and then come out because its his time to. why not sub one at a time when somebody needs a quick breather or gets a foul or two on them. the last 10 games teams played a lot of zone which makes it tough to drive and penetrate

Anyone know the tiebreakers because if Indy wins out and Franklin loses out they will be tied for 2nd in the district? Hillsboro has already clinched the # 1 seed and region berth. If Franklin beats Indy then they are # 2 but Indy still has an outside shot. Let's go Raptors beat the Rebels tonight so the Eagles can take care of business.

A few thoughts,

the top 2 in Ditsrict 11-AAA will get a first round buy and advance to Regions...FYI

It looks like Hillsboro and Franklin will finish as CO-CHAMPS, with the Boro getting the 1 seed in the tourney.

Mt thoughts:

Hillsboro: rely on talent, not very coachable, very undisciplined, "Big Mac" atough matchup, with terrible attitude.

Franklin: Beat Siegal, Overton, and Lavergne,,,but then had some bad losses, seems they switch up defenses alot, saw them last night and their 4th qrtr D, the 1-3-1, caused R-Wood problems, I remember them upsetting M-Wood with that last year.

Indy: Play hard, just don't seem like basketball players

R-Wood: Tons of shooters, not big

Centennial: VERY ATHLETIC,,,,but can't get it together, coaching?????

B-WOOD: Well coached, need more athletes, rely on the 3