District 11AAA Predictions!!

basketballfan23

A few thoughts,

the top 2 in Ditsrict 11-AAA will get a first round buy and advance to Regions...FYI

It looks like Hillsboro and Franklin will finish as CO-CHAMPS, with the Boro getting the 1 seed in the tourney.

Mt thoughts:

Hillsboro: rely on talent, not very coachable, very undisciplined, "Big Mac" atough matchup, with terrible attitude.

Franklin: Beat Siegal, Overton, and Lavergne,,,but then had some bad losses, seems they switch up defenses alot, saw them last night and their 4th qrtr D, the 1-3-1, caused R-Wood problems, I remember them upsetting M-Wood with that last year.

Indy: Play hard, just don't seem like basketball players

R-Wood: Tons of shooters, not big

Centennial: VERY ATHLETIC,,,,but can't get it together, coaching?????

B-WOOD: Well coached, need more athletes, rely on the 3

I support the big red and have watched district 11 for years I have different observations and I might add much more accurate .

Hillsboro - Well coached team... they are disciplined but not that talented other than Mcmillian the premier player in the district no one in district can match up with Mcmillan great leaper very good quickness for his size. Their record is a tribute to good coaching.

Franklin - best talent in district well coached. Mclemore is a tuff match up for anyone very quick off dribble can get to basket whenever he want to. Matthews is the second best post player in district, Pace is a very good athlete and solid defender.

Indy - well coached they have probably over achieved considering talent level. King is a nice player one of the better shooters in district.

Brentwood - Very well coached has a very good player in Tidwell good athlete can get to basket against anyone in district we have always had a tuff time guarding him. James Cox is becoming a

good player this is a dangerous team. They do have athletes...

Ravenwood - Evan F is probably best shooter in district this team is also well coached and plays very hard when the threes are going they can beat anyone in district.

Centennial – This team is probably not as talented as other district teams. Bristol is a nice player with good size and soft touch good athlete who moves and jumps well. Well Coached Team.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few thoughts,

the top 2 in Ditsrict 11-AAA will get a first round buy and advance to Regions...FYI

It looks like Hillsboro and Franklin will finish as CO-CHAMPS, with the Boro getting the 1 seed in the tourney.

Mt thoughts:

Hillsboro: rely on talent, not very coachable, very undisciplined, "Big Mac" atough matchup, with terrible attitude.

Franklin: Beat Siegal, Overton, and Lavergne,,,but then had some bad losses, seems they switch up defenses alot, saw them last night and their 4th qrtr D, the 1-3-1, caused R-Wood problems, I remember them upsetting M-Wood with that last year.

Metro, for once I agree with most of what you said. The comment about the D has been a little controversial in the Rebel "parent camp" this year. I believe the comment earlier by a fan (parent) was to "man up". The Rebels have showed that they can't man up. Not sure where the 1-3-1 went, but hopefully it is back. I think on 2, maybe 3 ocassions on the final play of our game the opposing team having the ball, we went man. It was like me out there guarding someone, that would not be a pretty sight. We lost those games on the final shot, all on layups on penetration. Last year the Rebels "committed" to that D for the last 13 games, they gave up on an average, 38 points a game. In the Region championship, they held Hunters Lane to 16 points. Only problem, we only scored 15 in that 1st half. This group plays that D better than the group did last year.

Anyone know the tiebreakers because if Indy wins out and Franklin loses out they will be tied for 2nd in the district? Hillsboro has already clinched the # 1 seed and region berth. If Franklin beats Indy then they are # 2 but Indy still has an outside shot. Let's go Raptors beat the Rebels tonight so the Eagles can take care of business.

Rebels have clinched the 2 seed by way of a tiebreaker. I believed you picked Indy to finish 2nd ahead of the Rebels, nice pick. They could knock us off in the tournament, but for regular season, you were wrong.

I support the big red and have watched district 11 for years I have different observations and I might add much more accurate .

Hillsboro - Well coached team... they are disciplined but not that talented other than Mcmillian the premier player in the district no one in district can match up with Mcmillan great leaper very good quickness for his size. Their record is a tribute to good coaching.

Franklin - best talent in district well coached. Mclemore is a tuff match up for anyone very quick off dribble can get to basket whenever he want to. Matthews is the second best post player in district, Pace is a very good athlete and solid defender.

Indy - well coached they have probably over achieved considering talent level. King is a nice player one of the better shooters in district.

Brentwood - Very well coached has a very good player in Tidwell good athlete can get to basket against anyone in district we have always had a tuff time guarding him. James Cox is becoming a

good player this is a dangerous team. They do have athletes...

Ravenwood - Evan F is probably best shooter in district this team is also well coached and plays very hard when the threes are going they can beat anyone in district.

Centennial – This team is probably not as talented as other district teams. Bristol is a nice player with good size and soft touch good athlete who moves and jumps well. Well Coached Team.

I would agree more with this assessment of the district and I think you are spot on with your observations and I will just add a comment or two:

Hillsboro - Agree that they are coached better than they are given credit for. They play really good man defense and play to their strength on offense. As good as he is, not sure why McMillan does some of the things on the court.

Franklin - Not many people talk about Pace (maybe because he doesn't score much) but I love the way he plays. IMO McLemore benefits from getting too much respect from refs. Gets to the line with way too many touch / phantom calls. He is a really, really good player though.

Indy - Their defense was better last year.

Brentwood - Agree with everything you said. Could win it, could lose their first game.

Ravenwood - Don't understand their substitution patterns. IMO Veal should be playing more.

Centennial - I may think they are more talented than you but something is missing. Passion?

The tournament should come down to Franklin and Hillsboro but with the number of close games this year, it should be interesting. Check out the points for avg vs. points against avg of each team - lots of close game.

Hillsboro 55.3 54.0 Difference +1.3

Franklin 59.0 52.1 Difference +6.9

Independence 53.1 49.1 Difference +4

Brentwood 55.1 53.0 Difference +2.1

Ravenwood 63.7 58.4 Difference +5.3

Centennial 58.8 56.0 Difference +2.8

A few thoughts,

Mt thoughts:

Hillsboro: worst coached team in the District

Franklin:Matthews is the key to Franklin going very far in tourny, team seems to play better w/Little in the line up, he seems to get the ball to the right person, get timely rebounds, and he can hit free throws

Indy:Plays everybody close, King most over rated player in District

R-wood:very streaky team, will be dangerous in tourny

Brentwood:coached well, Tidwell can play, don't have many athletes to go with him

Centenial:2nd worst coached team in District, Bristol's only effective in fast paced game with a lot of fast breaks, can't play with his back to the basket

Hahaha hwo does that taste Rebels? Get use to it, it is going to start being the routine not the exception with IHS winning in every sport against the Rebels. It's time for Johnson to move on the well is dry at Franklin. It is overflowing with athletes at IHS and other schools. I hate that the Rebels already have the # 2 seed locked up or they wouldn't be going to Region this year.

Hahaha hwo does that taste Rebels? Get use to it, it is going to start being the routine not the exception with IHS winning in every sport against the Rebels. It's time for Johnson to move on the well is dry at Franklin. It is overflowing with athletes at IHS and other schools. I hate that the Rebels already have the # 2 seed locked up or they wouldn't be going to Region this year.

Typical IHS sportsmanship.

The reason they have the #2 spot is because they won more than you this season! :roflol: