Boone vs Crockett in The Musket Bowl

formerblazer

Crockett better work on passing because after watching Boone shut down THS running game I don't think anyone will run on them, especially one back. Understand Crockett QB has already been calling Boone's Defense out. Don't think that is what I would want to do after watching them hit.

I expect Crockett to do what they did against SH and use Sumo as a decoy as much as possible and hope someone else can get some yards. But Boone's defense is so much better than SH's D it could be a long night.

According to Crockett's stat page they ran for over 300 yards and Sumo ran for 136 of it against the Hill.

Everyone not named Volunteer and Central has doubted Sumo and the Pioneer team this year. I expect them to lay it on the line this week.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Boone will overlook you because it is the Musket Bowl for you guys but you have only beat the four worst teams in NET.

I know you have played some close but you have not beat anyone you should not have beat. Again, it should be a good game since it always is in the Musket Bowl.

With so much on the line, give me some of your impact players 4 both sides. With such a balance team on off. I think we have had 2 100 yrd rushers and 1 100 yrd rec.@ q.b. We have 2 that can get the job done.on Def. The front 8 r the best in the area. D-backs not 2 bad either need 2 work on the deep pass defense. An the special teams have been a bright spot all year Chandley as a 1st year punter has done a pretty good job and Burkey has a D-1 leg with kicks of 45,40, and a 42 yarder @ north n the mudd. Please post D.C. Players # so boone fans can keep an eye out 4 your top players. U guys have had a great year so I know there r plenty of talented players on your side lines. How manys seniors do u have?

AH the musket bowl.....This will be a great game the players thrive on this game for boone this is a game to gain back some momentium and for dc its a do or die game. Records don't matter of course they dont this is a game fought for one reason bragging rights. Boones d has played great all year Crockets been ever game except one. THe question for boone is can they stop sumo. Hes a really physical back who keeps his legs drivin late in the game. I think this one is going to be won up front and who ever has the ball last. DC 28 Boone 17

Crockett better work on passing because after watching Boone shut down THS running game I don't think anyone will run on them, especially one back. Understand Crockett QB has already been calling Boone's Defense out. Don't think that is what I would want to do after watching them hit.

I expect Crockett to do what they did against SH and use Sumo as a decoy as much as possible and hope someone else can get some yards. But Boone's defense is so much better than SH's D it could be a long night.

Sumo still had a 100 plus in their lost to TN HIgh an Im great friends with the dc qb and evn tho they are rivals he has more respect for boone to call shots out.. He is a humble player who should make a difference in this game.

With so much on the line, give me some of your impact players 4 both sides. With such a balance team on off. I think we have had 2 100 yrd rushers and 1 100 yrd rec.@ q.b. We have 2 that can get the job done.on Def. The front 8 r the best in the area. D-backs not 2 bad either need 2 work on the deep pass defense. An the special teams have been a bright spot all year Chandley as a 1st year punter has done a pretty good job and Burkey has a D-1 leg with kicks of 45,40, and a 42 yarder @ north n the mudd. Please post D.C. Players # so boone fans can keep an eye out 4 your top players. U guys have had a great year so I know there r plenty of talented players on your side lines. How manys seniors do u have?

#34 (Senior) Sumo

#2 (Senior) QB, DB, Special teams. He has played almost every play for DC this year.

#25 (Junior) FB, LB -He has been playing well on D the past couple of weeks.

# 13 (Senior) Safety, wr. He leads the team in tackles and Rec. Tds.

#45 (Junior) FB, DE. He may not play (he didn't against South), he might be the most athletic kid on the team.

#21 (Senior) RB, Kick Return, I look for him to get some carries early in the game. He has some speed.

#74 (Junior) DT, You can't miss him. He will line up on the center.

Thanks DC Fan. Looking forward 2 having u guys over to our place. Looking like rain over here on friday but what's new we've played in it over half our games.cleaning muddy uniforms becoming a weekly thing.

I do like playing home and away rather than the mini dome. More like real FOOTBALL. I think that I went to school with your Q.B.'S dad mike if so I will look u up at the game.

If D.C. Don't win can they still make the playoffs?

Does anyone have a clue who we might play in the playoffs? Mo West maybe.

Boone, you deserve everything you get because you have worked hard for it! Congrats and hat's off to your team hope you advance and make E TN proud! Keep up the good work, I will be cheering you on. :hungry:

I personally would like to see DC make the playoffs, you've worked hard and would be deserving of a playoff berth. You have a tough task Friday, even if you should not win there's still a chance that you can make it to the 1st round. I'm still impressed by Choppe, dang! Best to your team, make us all proud! :blush:

The musket bowl. a time to watch one of the most exciting games in East Tenn. No matter how much better one team is than the other its always a close game. for the blazers O u hav your 2 QB system with 16 & 10 both are good but with 16 has tha adv. with his size. at RB you have 20, 5, & 23. with 23 & 5 gettin the majority of the carries 5 is such a punishing runner i wood take him. at WR youve got 21, 9, 14, & 81. im pretty sure 9 and 14 lead the team in rec. & rec. yds. On D it starts up front with 50 & 52. with 50s size he is hard to block with just one guy. at the D end position 16 & 40 are both very talented and versitile guys, id take them both. At linebacker you hav 2 of the best in the area in 58 & 5. you can here the cracking of helmets when 58 hits you, his size is unreal. they have a very talented strong safety in 9, he can do alot of different things in the defense. at free he has struggled with the deep ball but has had some bright spots 33. and on the corners you hav 2 very solid corners in 81 & 2.

Okay seriously guys who cares? Crockett sucks at football, I , mean heck thay got a good basketball team

Crockett should be a 6-3 team right now, much the same as they were last year. Whether they get the good breaks or not, Crockett has had a couple of good football teams...just haven't been able to get the job all the way done. Nevertheless...the team is doing much better than the 2-28 years they had with the former coach. Greene does a good job and who are you to say much about them. The thing about Crockett and Boone is that you have a lot of kids who just have to get to school and a lot that don't play sports...but if you lowered the population of either of those schools by 200 you'd have two teams that would be 8-2 every single year. Put Crockett and Boone kids together....heck it would be one of the best upper East TN teams from here to knoxville. Will it happen? Not likely, but I think that a Washington County High School is something that will be discussed in the next 10 years.

To the game....wow I can't believe Boone called out Crockett 38-0. Humility Humility...although...this is a rivalry game and Boone won't ever forget the 70-0 first game that Crockett beat them with in this series. Crockett has to stop Sumo, but other than that, the D will be tough for Crockett to take. I say It'll be a 28-14 game with Boone winning, but it'll be a tight game most of the way.

I know a lot of people will be at South this week,but I think for your money,the Musket Bowl will be the best game. Both your teams have good athletes and play hard nose football.I hope it works out for DC to make the playoffs,but if it doesn't happen,you have done your school proud with your fight this year.This is the hardest playing football team that I've ever seen at Crockett.Boone,you have stood even with everyone in the conference ''except for one half '',and that's the same as us.Both DB's won't have much respect going into the playoffs,but we are there,and that gives us a shot.That's all we can ask for !! Good luck to the Boone and Crockett seniors and congrads to your teams on great years.