So....Is Greeneville still in Greene County???

barb

It seems Greeneville is real proad that they beat up on all the 3A schools in the county but they should be worried about what will happen to them in the playoffs against the 4A schools in their division. I also bet the devils are happy they don't have to get shut out again by 3A Elizabethton. Did any of the county schools lose to a lower division school like Greeneville did? I know WG only lost to 4A shools and I think SG only lost to one 3A (WG) team and the rest 4A.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems Greeneville is real proad that they beat up on all the 3A schools in the county but they should be worried about what will happen to them in the playoffs against the 4A schools in their division. I also bet the devils are happy they don't have to get shut out again by 3A Elizabethton. Did any of the county schools lose to a lower division school like Greeneville did? I know WG only lost to 4A shools and I think SG only lost to one 3A (WG) team and the rest 4A.

I would say that the Greeneville loss to a strong Betsy program is in the same vein that Morristown West and East, TN. High, Jeff County, Sullivan South, and Kingsport have lost to Greeneville. Their losses to GHS were no dishonor and their wins against GHS were feathers in their caps. Volmman you are trying too hard. You are a pretty good poster when you don't have something up your crawl. By the way, last year as a 3A school based on student body numbers they won their way to the state semis in 4A against Murville (which is now 6A).

Win or lose the GHS staff and most their players have been involved playing deep into the playoff system when they have played up.

GHS losses were to TH #1 5A, SS #5 5A, Eliz #6 3A and they defeated a 6a team JCounty for good measure. Would you evaluate your losses and wins in a little more detail and more open mindedness.

Volmman I support West Greene big time and they have a very good program on the rise. I also enjoy it when the county teams win against any outside opponent. SG is a defense shy of being a strong team and watch out for the Doaksters in the next couple of years. GHS is a special program and they were winning before the turf, the bigtime weight room and large staff.

I would say that the Greeneville loss to a strong Betsy program is in the same vein that Morristown West and East, TN. High, Jeff County, Sullivan South, and Kingsport have lost to Greeneville. Their losses to GHS were no dishonor and their wins against GHS were feathers in their caps. Volmman you are trying too hard. You are a pretty good poster when you don't have something up your crawl. By the way, last year as a 3A school based on student body numbers they won their way to the state semis in 4A against Murville (which is now 6A).

Win or lose the GHS staff and most their players have been involved playing deep into the playoff system when they have played up.

GHS losses were to TH #1 5A, SS #5 5A, Eliz #6 3A and they defeated a 6a team JCounty for good measure. Would you evaluate your losses and wins in a little more detail and more open mindedness.

Well said. The loss to SS was a heartbreaker....had them beat in Death Valley and let it get away.....

Man it really cranks you that WG isn't the Big Man in the conference doesn't it??? You sound like those CD fans at Burley that kept holding up the"2A" signs...all we heard going into the Range was"hard to stop the "Boles express" and afterwords we listened to a bunch of whinning about how we're just big bullies beating up on the little guys. Maybe next year you Buffs can just mail us your milk money and you wont have to come to school for your annual butt-whippin'. And for the record, SG played 2 5A schools....and beat one of them. Thats what will keep them competitive as one of the smaller schools in the conference. And NOF is right about CD....they have enormous potential.

To end all of the bickering about what GHS has that the County schools dont have. I am going to send a letter to the Greene County Commission stating that the football fans of Greene County that reside outside the city limits of Greeneville are tired of the disparity between the schools, and in order to rectify this situation recomend that at the earliest possible moment property taxes double so that they can buy new facilities and whatever they need to be just like the evil city. But as my daddy once said "You can't polish a turd.". Until attitudes and work ethics change the winners are going to continue to be winners and the losers are going to continue to cry about what they dont have. As far as the County Championship goes let WG have it. It ought to look real good in their trophy case beside the bronze medals for rock throwing, tobacco spitting and leapfrog.

To end all of the bickering about what GHS has that the County schools dont have. I am going to send a letter to the Greene County Commission stating that the football fans of Greene County that reside outside the city limits of Greeneville are tired of the disparity between the schools, and in order to rectify this situation recomend that at the earliest possible moment property taxes double so that they can buy new facilities and whatever they need to be just like the evil city. But as my daddy once said "You can't polish a turd.". Until attitudes and work ethics change the winners are going to continue to be winners and the losers are going to continue to cry about what they dont have. As far as the County Championship goes let WG have it. It ought to look real good in their trophy case beside the bronze medals for rock throwing, tobacco spitting and leapfrog.

Man you are so out of line I have half a mind to report you. I do think its about time to wrap this one up as its obviously getting too personal....