So....Is Greeneville still in Greene County???

barb

Come on guys we need to let the Greene Satans enjoy their moment before it gets destroyed in the playoffs around that tiny little Knoxville area! :roflol: Then stand back and watch over the next four years or so as the once proud program begins to play down to the level of competition in the new league. Once upon a time Unicoi County was a program that most of the South Greenes and West Greenes of the area could not compete with in any sport but just look how the program has crashed not risen. All hail the mighty Greeneville Greene Satans while you still can! :roflolk::D

Greeneville is NOT Unicoi County NT, and if you look at the play-off possibilities, Greeneville probably won't see an area team in the first round....we'll most likely end up playing a Chattanooga area team, possibly East Ridge or Brainerd in the first round depending on the outcome of the Claiborne game on Friday. Its difficult to predict, with top seeded teams playing tough last games, how this one will play out. I don't think Greeneville's trip through the play-offs is nearly as treacherous as the 3a division. WG may end up with Austin East in the first round. Either way playing Greeneville will benefit WG as they continue to grow their program...because love us or hate us, people are paying to see these games and money will help these county programs more than the beefed up competition.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so how come this county championship thing never bothered the Greeneville fans before? :thumb: i would say all ya gotta do is pick up North Greene on your schedule and you could be in for the county championship....

if it isnt one thing it is another.........whine ,fuss, and complain about something all the time everyone knows greeneville has a good team in this new conferance it truly is evident, but this COUNTY rivalry has gone on for years and years and it will continue :thumb:

anyways to the PLAYERS for GHS congrats on a good season and hope ya'll go deep in the playoffs

GO BUFFS!!!!! wish us luck no matter what you think of us :lol:

Come on guys we need to let the Greene Satans enjoy their moment before it gets destroyed in the playoffs around that tiny little Knoxville area! :mellow: Then stand back and watch over the next four years or so as the once proud program begins to play down to the level of competition in the new league. Once upon a time Unicoi County was a program that most of the South Greenes and West Greenes of the area could not compete with in any sport but just look how the program has crashed not risen. All hail the mighty Greeneville Greene Satans while you still can! :?:?

You really don't get it do ya....Greeneville high school has been fortunate enough to be given a nice facility, weightroom, and equipment because of the generosity of a certain group of people. However, it is the work that their coaching staff puts in to prepare, the YEAR LONG work out program that is done by the players, and all the conditioning that this team goes through that makes this team what they are. NOT the facilities!! I would bet everything i have to say that west greene, chuckey doak, or whoever would accept a new field and weight room-free of cost. THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND! Some people, not everyone though get jealous for whatever reason and throw out the words "spoiled" or "pricks" or "everything handed to them"....This is all out of pure jealousy. There have been multiple players from the county that have come in to Greeneville to play, but have turned around and either quit, or simply went back out to the county where they came from. Why??? Because being a greeneville football player takes alot more commitment and hard work than they are used to in playing in the county.

Greeneville is not Unicoi County, and will never go through what unicoi county is going through because of the hard work, preparation, and tradition that Greeneville continues to thrive on.

And that whole greene satans thing is REALLY original....And not to mention hilarious!!! I give you props for comin up with something cool like that......

First of all, as previously stated by another, Greeneville is in Greene County and therefore are the true county champions. :? I'm sure that the city faculty would not give up their salary and true their are advantages at GHS. Rather, the county teachers and coaches should be paid the same salary for a job in which they complete well with less pay and materials. Wasn't it Knoxville that combined their school system years ago? Maybe the county and city systems should combine and then distribute equally. Oh no wait!! That would mean that their be only one superintendant and central office staff!! :? Couldn't have that. Or ... yeah county is looking for a new one. Good time to combine. :mellow: As for the comment about "niswonger turf", yeah he gave money. He also gave money and started a band program for the county schools as well. So are they all "niswonger band"? :? You can't tell me that you actually believe Greeneville football players are better bc of the training equipment. Come on! An athlete can train and be outstanding with little equipment. The key word is "train". Just like anything else, have to have the desire to do so. Lastly, what I've seen from most of the players is a respect for one another. Not jealousy which is more than I can say for some fans.

First of all, as previously stated by another, Greeneville is in Greene County and therefore are the true county champions. :? I'm sure that the city faculty would not give up their salary and true their are advantages at GHS. Rather, the county teachers and coaches should be paid the same salary for a job in which they complete well with less pay and materials. Wasn't it Knoxville that combined their school system years ago? Maybe the county and city systems should combine and then distribute equally. Oh no wait!! That would mean that their be only one superintendant and central office staff!! :? Couldn't have that. Or ... yeah county is looking for a new one. Good time to combine. :mellow: As for the comment about "niswonger turf", yeah he gave money. He also gave money and started a band program for the county schools as well. So are they all "niswonger band"? :? You can't tell me that you actually believe Greeneville football players are better bc of the training equipment. Come on! An athlete can train and be outstanding with little equipment. The key word is "train". Just like anything else, have to have the desire to do so. Lastly, what I've seen from most of the players is a respect for one another. Not jealousy which is more than I can say for some fans.

Well stated man but i'm sure someone wont like what you said from the county. But i like it. :?

I understand the term "Greene County Champions" in regard to the Greeneville Sun article, but do understand how it misrepresentitive of what "County Champions" should be now that all schools play, with the exception of GHS/NGHS. Now, a better headline would read, "Greene County Schools Football Champions." GHS does not need this honor, but people who read the Sun via internet would assume that WGHS has the "best" football team in 2009, oh, im laughing out loud righ now. Oh well, congratulations to WGHS, they need to be petted and stroked so thier self-esteem can be built up inorder to build a better football program. GO DEVILS!

I understand the term "Greene County Champions" in regard to the Greeneville Sun article, but do understand how it misrepresentitive of what "County Champions" should be now that all schools play, with the exception of GHS/NGHS. Now, a better headline would read, "Greene County Schools Football Champions." GHS does not need this honor, but people who read the Sun via internet would assume that WGHS has the "best" football team in 2009, oh, im laughing out loud righ now. Oh well, congratulations to WGHS, they need to be petted and stroked so thier self-esteem can be built up inorder to build a better football program. GO DEVILS!

Ya I'm sure they have are gettin a big head over this but just remember who beat you on your pasture this year Wg. I believe the Devils beat you, no destroyed, no just plain killed you. That wasnt even a game. O well they will lose first round anyway. Devils should go pretty far I believe and I honestly think they will go all the way this year.

The correct answer is that West Greene won the Greene County School System Championship. Congrats!

I hope both the Devils and the Buffs can go as far as they can in the playoffs. It would be nice that some day Greeneville/Greene County football could reach the heights of the Maryville, Alcoa/Blount County football.

Question: at Thanksgiving is it the Greene County All Star Team in the Sun or is it presented as the Greeneville/Greene County all star team?

If i recall, west greene thought that they had a chance to win the game against greeneville. They weren't whining about how good greeneville's facilities were before they got anihalated so why is it different now?..... and i'm tired of hearin this bull about beating up on the little county schools. First, greeneville did not ask to be moved down, the tssaa was changing the whole thing up already. second greeneville beats up the county schools because of their 1. work ethic 2. great coaches.... not because of their awesome facilities. If the county schools (mostly west greene) had not talked about how they had a chance and all this crazy talk, the greeneville fans probably would have had hardly anything to say to them. Like the cdhs vs. ghs thread, it had like 2 pages and thats all and none of it was trash talk because the knights knew they couldnt do it in the first place. wise up west greene recognize if your team is good enough to beat some one... do not say you have a chance against a 44 point deficit and a goose egg if you dont wanna be trash talked...

The correct answer is that West Greene won the Greene County School System Championship. Congrats!

I hope both the Devils and the Buffs can go as far as they can in the playoffs. It would be nice that some day Greeneville/Greene County football could reach the heights of the Maryville, Alcoa/Blount County football.

Question: at Thanksgiving is it the Greene County All Star Team in the Sun or is it presented as the Greeneville/Greene County all star team?[/quote

Its all Greeneville Greene County team

Question: at Thanksgiving is it the Greene County All Star Team in the Sun or is it presented as the Greeneville/Greene County all star team?

It is the "Greeneville Sun All Greene County Team"

If i recall, west greene thought that they had a chance to win the game against greeneville. They weren't whining about how good greeneville's facilities were before they got anihalated so why is it different now?..... and i'm tired of hearin this bull about beating up on the little county schools. First, greeneville did not ask to be moved down, the tssaa was changing the whole thing up already. second greeneville beats up the county schools because of their 1. work ethic 2. great coaches.... not because of their awesome facilities. If the county schools (mostly west greene) had not talked about how they had a chance and all this crazy talk, the greeneville fans probably would have had hardly anything to say to them. Like the cdhs vs. ghs thread, it had like 2 pages and thats all and none of it was trash talk because the knights knew they couldnt do it in the first place. wise up west greene recognize if your team is good enough to beat some one... do not say you have a chance against a 44 point deficit and a goose egg if you dont wanna be trash talked...

Well Said....The more I think about it, the more it seems like its changing from city vs. county, to west greene vs. greeneville and the rest of the county. West greene really has no reason to talk...YET...even though their program is improving. When y'all get there and start playing at a high level, you wont hear a thing from me or no one else about all that talk. By the way i just thought i should mention that greeneville only has less than more students than west greene...ponder that thought next time any of ya'll say greeneville picks on the "LITTLE" county schools. My rebs got only 500 people and we don't complain....Anyways GO REBS!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: