State basketball signings

Indian

At this point, the title can be changed to signings (59) instead of verbal commitments. Heights and positions were verified from this forum and recruiting sites such as Hoopgurlz. Any to add, just give name, height, primary position, high school and college and they can be included. Smaller division players are not at the end due to any perceived lack of quality, just to help organize the list. This is to help everyone reference and keep track of where all the signing seniors in the state plan to keep playing.

Atlantic 10:

LaSalle: T'Essence Phelps, 5'10" forward, Lincoln County

Xavier: Lakeisha Crouch, 5'10" forward, Hillsboro

Atlantic Sun:

Belmont: Rechelle Dye, 5'5" guard, South Greene

Florida Gulf Coast: Amber Rechis, 5'8" guard, Westview

Kennesaw State: Taylor Mills, 5'6" guard, Gibbs

Big 12:

Texas: Chassidy Fussell, 5'10" forward, Obion Central

Big South:

Liberty: Jasmine Gardner, 6'3" center, Memphis Mitchell

Winthrop: Quesha McClanahan, 5'7" guard, Oak Ridge

Conference USA

Houston: Breana Williams, 5'8" guard, Lausanne

Marshall: Orlandria Williams, 5'8" guard, Memphis Overton

Horizon League:

Youngstown State: Jill Herman, 5'11" forward, Powell

Ivy League:

Columbia: Blaine Frolich, 6'2" forward, Dobyns-Bennett

Missouri Valley:

Missouri State: Desiree Phillips, 5'10" guard-forward, Memphis Manassas

Southern Illinois: Sidney Goins, 5'8" guard, Morristown West; Raquel Miller, 6'2" forward, Liberty

OVC:

Austin Peay: Q’Schara Brown. 5'11" forward, Cleveland

Eastern Kentucky: Marie Carpenter, 5'8" guard, Ensworth

Jacksonville State: LaKeria Crowder 5'3" point guard, Memphis Overton

Tennessee State: Tenesha Stenson, 5'7" guard, McGavock

Tennessee Tech: Molly Heady, 5'11" forward, Clarkrange

UT-Martin: Beth Hawn, 6'1" post, Forrest; Jaclissa Haislip, 6'0" forward, Murfreesboro Riverdale; Jasmine Newsome; 5'7" guard, Millington; Heather Butler, 5'5" guard, Gibson County; Heather Griffin, 5'10" forward, Gibson County; Matrieka Minter, 5'10" guard/forward. Bolivar Central; Perica Glenn, 6'0" post, Milan; Aubrey Reedy, 5'11" post, Gibson County

SEC:

Alabama: Jasmine Robinson, 5'7" guard, Memphis Overton

Kentucky: LaQuinta Jefferson, 6'0" guard-forward, LaVergne

Mississippi State: Carnecia Williams 6'2" forward, White Station

Ole Miss: Shae Nelson, 6'0" wing, Cordova

Tennessee: Lauren Avant, 5'8" guard, Lausanne

Vanderbilt: Kayci Ferris, 6'8" post, Smith County

Southern Conference:

Chattanooga: Taylor Hall, 6'1" forward; Morristown West; Alex Black, 5'5" guard, Harding Academy

College of Charleston: Deidre Ramer, 6'3" post, Battleground Academy

Samford: Shelby Campbell, 5'10" point guard, Murfreesboro Blackman

Sun Belt:

Arkansas-Little Rock: Nia Gregory, 5'5" guard, Collierville; Karisma Tyson, 6'0" guard, Memphis Overton

MTSU: Jordyn Luffman, 6'0" guard, Lawrence County; Laken Leonard, 5'10" forward, Jackson County; Stephanie Myers, 6'5" post, LaVergene.

Division II/III/NAIA/junior college:

Alabama-Huntsville: Janie Graves, 5'7" guard, Shelbyville

Berry (Rome GA) College: Zoe Williams, 5'10" guard-wing, Red Bank

Bryan College: Kelsie Crips, 5'9" wing, Lebanon; Jenna Ray, 5'11" forward, Roane County; Carrie Goodson, 5'6" guard, Maryville

Campbellsville: Alex Martin, 5'8" guard, Middle Tennessee Christian

Carson-Newman: Shannon Depew, 6'0" forward, Cocke County

Cumberland University: Casie Cowan, 5'3" guard, Seymour

King College: Brianna Kelley, 5'10" guard, Greeneville

Lee University: Karley Miller, 6'0" forward, Harpeth; Hollie German, 5'7" guard, Polk County; Madison Lee, 5'8" guard, McMinn Central

Motlow State: Mary Katherine Potts, 5'6" guard, Cascade

Tennessee Wesleyan: Courtney Gobble, 5'7" guard, Walker Valley; Bailey Lyness, 5'2" guard, Red Bank

Union (TN): Emily Sissom, 5'6" guard, Cannon County (jr)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an impressive in-state haul to UT-Martin.

Added Polk County's Hollie German to Lee University. The press release says she chose Lee over NCAA Division I Samford, not a slouch program by any means, and also was recruited by College of Charleston and Kennesaw State. I'd heard during the summer Lee was a likely choice for her and figured it would be in print any day now.

16 points, 4.5 assists, 3 steals, 4.0 GPA. Polk won 26 games last year and made the Class AA sectional. They and McMinn Central should be the favorites again in their region.

UT-Martin: Beth Hawn, 6'1" post, Forrest; Jaclissa Haislip, 6'0" forward, Murfreesboro Riverdale; Jasmine Newsome; 5'7" guard, Millington; Heather Butler, 5'5" guard, Gibson County; Heather Griffin, 5'10" forward, Gibson County; Matrieka Minter, 5'10" guard/forward. Bolivar Central; Perica Glenn, 6'0" post, Milan

If I'm counting right, that's 7 recruits for UT Martin. They have 9 on their roster right now with no seniors. Aren't they limited to 15 players? How will that work?

UT-Martin: Beth Hawn, 6'1" post, Forrest; Jaclissa Haislip, 6'0" forward, Murfreesboro Riverdale; Jasmine Newsome; 5'7" guard, Millington; Heather Butler, 5'5" guard, Gibson County; Heather Griffin, 5'10" forward, Gibson County; Matrieka Minter, 5'10" guard/forward. Bolivar Central; Perica Glenn, 6'0" post, Milan

If I'm counting right, that's 7 recruits for UT Martin. They have 9 on their roster right now with no seniors. Aren't they limited to 15 players? How will that work?

Two others mentioned. That would make 9 recruits. Are they counting on some of these dropping out?

I was told UT Martin was using 9 scholarships for the 2010 class. From what I was told the current roster knows that they may not be offered a scholarship next year if they are not productive with the new coaching staff.

That's smart on the coaching staffs part. Everyone of the girls in the 2010 class are definately D1 material and will be the beginning of the McMillan era at UTM. I'm not really familiar with Beth Hawn of Forrest. Can someone from the area give a run down on her...points, rebounds, etc...