State basketball signings

Indian

...I'm looking forward to seeing our girls play on television and really didn't realize how many we will get to see play regularly...

I'm with you on that point! The SEC just signed a new eight-year (or something like that) contract with ESPN to show more games than ever. We're thinking about switching to satellite so we can see as many games from the Sun Belt, OVC and CUSA as possible too. :roflolk:

BBALL

are you going to tape the games. I know you will be in a gym every night. When are you going to sleep. :roflol:

DM

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I'm looking forward to seeing our girls play on television and really didn't realize how many we will get to see play regularly...

I'm with you on that point! The SEC just signed a new eight-year (or something like that) contract with ESPN to show more games than ever. We're thinking about switching to satellite so we can see as many games from the Sun Belt, OVC and CUSA as possible too. :huh:

BBALL

are you going to tape the games. I know you will be in a gym every night. When are you going to sleep. B)

DM

Who needs sleep? I can sleep in April! B)

It's not fair and certainly not correct but your average fan will often think of a football power conference team from the SEC or Big 10 as more important women's basketball team than any "mid-major" conference team including Middle or Chattanooga. The 1-A and 1-AA football designations have a lot to do with this in my opinion. I remember an article a while back on the Chattanooga men's team and a coach mentioned how some of his prospects thought the team played "Division I-AA basketball." The high school coaches know different, hopefully all players and parents do too now.

Jefferson, and Desiree Phillips, Manassas to Missouri State, both added.