Playoffs if they started after Week 9

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so Gerry.....let me throw this at you...according to the map is CAK more East than Kingston? why did you put Kingston going to the east bracket and not CAK.....

I would love to see CAK go north and meet Alcoa in the semis.

(if they made it that far, CAK that is) :blink::o:thumb:

Hey you are right. I made another mistake. That is why I have you guys here. I will make the corrections and edit the bracket. I corrected my mistake and now CAK is in the 1st quad.

Is the Happy Valley vs Johnson County game for the playoffs or could both teams be left out? Is the higher seed always home throughout the first 3 rounds? Thanks in advance.

Johnson Co. maybe safe with 5 wins but 6 wins for sure gets them in. Happy Valley it is a must win to get to that 5 win mark. The wildcard could come down to numerous tiebreakers, so both teams need to fight like it is a playoff game. There is a chance they both could be left out but there are numerous sceanarios. Control what you can.

Gerry:

Are sure that they seed you based on how you finish in your District as a whole...NOT compared to teams in the same Class in your District???

Yes, I was assuming they were just looking at the teams in your same class then I looked up this link.

http://tssaa.org/Handbook/football.pdf Look at Section 3 Letter D and it lays it out. If you finish 1st or 2nd in the district you get priority over those finishing in the top half of their subdivision but not in the top 2 of their district. It is really not fair especially those in tough districts like District 12 AA. You have teams like Fairview and Lewis Co. who can't compete with the likes of Giles Co, Spring Hill, and Page, who are all top 15 teams in 4A.

Also, let me see what you think of this.....A-E is the number 1 seed from their district over G-P, that would change the brackets a bit more.... :roflolk::roflol:

I already had that. Go look at my bracket now. It should be correct from the changes I made because of location. Austin East is a # 2 seed in the quad, because Elizabethon has a better record. Winning your district does NOT promise you a # 1 seed in the quad, just priority in seeding over other teams.