Dresden vs Gleason...Winner?..Playoffs?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the offensive line is 100% healthy and after the week off they are hungry for some meat, they are stronger on both sides of the ball

Dresden is loaded with receivers who will catch the ball and we have the best throwing qb in the district.

Dresden has made major strides this year, but to say they have the best throwing qb in the district is not necessarily accurate. Are you talking yards, tds, or completion percentage? The McKenzie QB is the best QB in the district...sorry--but you guys do have some nice helmets and communications get up... Pretty much all the talk in our district says that you guys come over here to get away from Lake County and Westview..any truth to that? :lol: And it didn't hurt in having a principal to assist in that new alignment decision...lol

Pretty much all the talk in our district says that you guys come over here to get away from Lake County and Westview..any truth to that? :lol:

And it didn't hurt in having a principal to assist in that new alignment decision...lol

Get away from Lake Co? It's not novenmber yet, this is still football season for Lake Co. Maybe next week whenever ya'll start basketball practice will be a time to start posting about being worried about someone not wanting to play Lake Co.

As to the alignment i'm sorry that dresden's geographical aliment doesn't suit what you think it should be. Trust me i'd much rather play Lake Co (which i'm assuming your from) or South Fulton opposed to Mckensie and the always weak Mustangs. Good observation however. You should prolly wait and start posting from now on until Lake Co's only sport starts in november and hopefully your comments will be some what relevant or intelligent.

Besides, dresden's principle has enough trouble running a school, odds are high that he didn't put much thought into the new alignment :lol:

I'd Say Your Summation Is Right On Fan 360. WHH Will Defeat McEwen.

Come on Butchie........... we need WWH out and Dresden in................... :thumb::roflol:

I hope your right on there lol. So lets say that WWH does get put out and with a hopeful Dresden win to get them into the playoffs.

Then does anyone know where that will put Dresden playing in the first round or whatever they call it now??

So who are the wild card teams that are a LOCK? Would it be Rockwood and Watertown? What happens if Jackson County beats Watertown Friday night? Both would be 6-4....Say WHH wins then they would be a lock with 7 wins. If Marion Co and Dresden wins wil they both be 6-4? That would have 4 teams at 6-4 with 1 spot left. What's the tiebreakers?

So who are the wild card teams that are a LOCK? Would it be Rockwood and Watertown? What happens if Jackson County beats Watertown Friday night? Both would be 6-4....Say WHH wins then they would be a lock with 7 wins. If Marion Co and Dresden wins wil they both be 6-4? That would have 4 teams at 6-4 with 1 spot left. What's the tiebreakers?

Thats the beauty of the system, at least one good team from each district gets/could get screwed. By this i mean that the teams that you have to beat out to even get into the playoffs you don't play!! How is it even possible to do a tie breaker if you haven't played a single team the other has?? What are they going to do, put it in a computer or us strenght of schedule? It's all bogus.

It makes about as much sense as the college football rankings, however this is something that wasn't broken in the first place.

Sure in the old system you might have to drive 15 extra mins to play or have to play a bigger school(as the case with dresden) but i mean heck i'd much rather do what we had been doing for at least 6 years instead of go to a system that dosen't even work out on paper.

If Dresden would have taken care of business against Halls this would not even be a discussion!

As for the game, Gleason will come ready to play. Looking at similar opponents, it will be a close one!

West Carroll (Gleason loses 24-22; Dresden wins 14-10)

Halls (Gleason wins 28-6, Dresden loses 17-18)

McKenzie (Gl loses 0-41, Dr loses 26-53)

South Fulton (Gl wins 34-21, Dr plays SF in Jamboree pre-Avent and wins big)

Bruceton (Gl w 41-6; Dr w 35-0)

Greenfield (Gl w 14-12; Dr w 34-12)

Huntingdon (Gl l 0-55; Dr l 14-41)

The weatherman is calling for rain. Who does this help/hurt? Shouldn't it slow the faster team down, or does it affect the passing team more?

Pretty much all the talk in our district says that you guys come over here to get away from Lake County and Westview..any truth to that? :thumb:

And it didn't hurt in having a principal to assist in that new alignment decision...lol

Get away from Lake Co? It's not novenmber yet, this is still football season for Lake Co. Maybe next week whenever ya'll start basketball practice will be a time to start posting about being worried about someone not wanting to play Lake Co.

As to the alignment i'm sorry that dresden's geographical aliment doesn't suit what you think it should be. Trust me i'd much rather play Lake Co (which i'm assuming your from) or South Fulton opposed to Mckensie and the always weak Mustangs. Good observation however. You should prolly wait and start posting from now on until Lake Co's only sport starts in november and hopefully your comments will be some what relevant or intelligent.

Besides, dresden's principle has enough trouble running a school, odds are high that he didn't put much thought into the new alignment :thumb:

Then whomever it is that thinks he isn't that smart, is the dumber one. For playoff purposes, there are only 2 2A schools in that district...Dresden and McKenzie. Dresden went that way to compete. I can't help it if they took the easy way out...Dresden will concede the victory to Mckenzie, but if they can consistently beat up on schools half there size ( for most of the matchups, not all), then they stand a chance of making the playoffs as a wildcard. That is funny that some in your town actually believe that geographical bs...lol

On your big wins this season, have you even looked at your opponents records?? If you guys could play the school for the blind, you'd play them if they were below 500. And if you got beat, you'd blame the referees for the injustice...lol

I know it has to kind of suck being the capital of your county, but always playing second fiddle to any school that has the same or within 100 kids of your schools' population.