Giles vs. Lewisburg - Rival

aintskeered

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally arrogant "Pist". I realize that the score of the Giles County Page game was only 16-8. That's definitely something to be proud of and it sounds like their most challenging game of the year. I'm not disputing that at all. But, everyone on here remembers the field conditions and weather accross the state that night and if you think that didn't help Page then you're dillusional. In fact it helped Spring Hill keep it close against Columbia on that same night... But, for anyone that was there on Sept. 4th in Pulaski knows what kind of game Spring Hill and Giles County was that night. (Just ask a Giles County fan on here) What an atmosphere! And the weather and field conditions were great for that game. And to say that if "Giles County was to lose a game in the regular season it was going to be against Page" then I respectfully (unlike you) disagree. The Giles County/Spring Hill game was was tied up at 21 at halftime. It was also 28-21 until about 8 minutes remaining in the game when Giles scored a touchdown and later scored on a long trick play with over two minutes remaining and Spring Hill with only one timeout. Now, don't get me wrong. Giles County adjusted well and won in the second half but it was one heck of a game for three and 1/3 quarters and also one of the most exciting games I've been to in years. I realize you weren't there so you wouldn't know and you shouldn't just like I wasn't at the Giles County/Page game. On the surface looking at the score, then yeah the Page/Giles game looked like the better game but to say what you said is another example of your arrogance you've shown on here all year. So, I'm not suprised. Typical...

This week brings on a whole new set of concerns for Giles. The administration has been acquiring additional needed supplies for the game.

The miners lights that attach to the helmets have arrived and Giles is starting practice at PM in total darkness this week to prepare for when the lights go out in tigger stadium Friday night.

They are working on snapping the ball at 20 seconds due to the number 25 creates a problem for the clock operator at tigger stadium because of the 10 fingers + 10 toes is as far as he can count.

Speaking of the clock, yea we know it will go out but fear not, as GCHS grads we posses the ability to multiply by 7 many times.

Team is taking a field trip to the county jail to insure they will not be intimidated by all the thugs decked out in black shirts with "security" written on them.

Giles fans are being reminded to plan on a 1 hour wait to be able to exit the south no mans land parking area due to the fact it is one lane in and out and they park cars at game time in this lane.

The coaches are trying their best to identify the jersey numbers of the officials grandkids and have instructed the team to avoid normal hard contact with these players.

Giles has rented several golf carts for Lewisburgs finest to sit on beside the concession stand to increase their seating capacity as a gesture of good will.

Good news is the food is good.

Marshall seems to be emitting a peculiar smell this year but this game is their bowl game, playoff game, game to remember for the 09 season. They have an excellent head coach and will be ready for the Cats. Barring the field being covered in yellow laundry near the Giles players, 35 sounds about right. :thumb:

Totally arrogant "Pist". I realize that the score of the Giles County Page game was only 16-8. That's definitely something to be proud of and it sounds like their most challenging game of the year. I'm not disputing that at all. But, everyone on here remembers the field conditions and weather accross the state that night and if you think that didn't help Page then you're dillusional. In fact it helped Spring Hill keep it close against Columbia on that same night... But, for anyone that was there on Sept. 4th in Pulaski knows what kind of game Spring Hill and Giles County was that night. (Just ask a Giles County fan on here) What an atmosphere! And the weather and field conditions were great for that game. And to say that if "Giles County was to lose a game in the regular season it was going to be against Page" then I respectfully (unlike you) disagree. The Giles County/Spring Hill game was was tied up at 21 at halftime. It was also 28-21 until about 8 minutes remaining in the game when Giles scored a touchdown and later scored on a long trick play with over two minutes remaining and Spring Hill with only one timeout. Now, don't get me wrong. Giles County adjusted well and won in the second half but it was one heck of a game for three and 1/3 quarters and also one of the most exciting games I've been to in years. I realize you weren't there so you wouldn't know and you shouldn't just like I wasn't at the Giles County/Page game. On the surface looking at the score, then yeah the Page/Giles game looked like the better game but to say what you said is another example of your arrogance you've shown on here all year. So, I'm not suprised. Typical...

Totally agree. "Pist" will have nothing to say after this friday. Spring Hill will take them. But about the Marshall/Giles game-

Giles has great coaching and very athletic players. Marshall is definatly the "underdog" in this game but im sure they will play their hearts out. Good Luck to both teams!!

Did i say anything about field conditions? I said that because it was Giles' closest game. Dont have a hissyfit. calm down. It will be ok I promise :excl:

I love this site! We had our worst week last week here at CoachT. After working so hard all season to achieve thread locks before the game was played, we failed miserably. The one thing I love about the old 5-3a is even though we support different programs, we will circle the wagons and support each other when needed. As soon as a couple of Giles regulars chime in it looks like we are gaining momentum and we will achieve that coveted thread lock for sure, lol. :excl::excl::excl:

WOMG.. looks like your trying to call out the last tiger fan....there doesn't seem to be any. Kinda hate that, there has been a long great history between these two schools.

The Bobcats may have a need to win this game very convincingly. We need to be the highest computer ranked team between quads 3 and 4 this time next week. Crockett plays Milan so if they win they will surely get a bump. We may need to create our bump. that may mean letting the points add up.

WOMG.. looks like your trying to call out the last tiger fan....there doesn't seem to be any. Kinda hate that, there has been a long great history between these two schools.

The Bobcats may have a need to win this game very convincingly. We need to be the highest computer ranked team between quads 3 and 4 this time next week. Crockett plays Milan so if they win they will surely get a bump. We may need to create our bump. that may mean letting the points add up.

It's really surprising the low number(0) of posters Marshall has had on here this year. They usually flood the board with nonsense talk of playoffs and championships from the end of one season to the end of the next. I guess even the hardheaded tiger fans realized something this year.