LEWIS COUNTY

hsffan

I totally agree with you 110% Stat_Pack 1. You make some great points. With honesty comes a lot of bashing from the supporters in high places. It is a shame, but hey, that is the way things go around here.

These seniors are a great group of young men who totally deserve better than what they are receiving and have received. They have put in the time, working hard during the hot summer days. They are present and accounted for and work hard during these months. It has been common practice for some members of the team to be present for one or two workouts during the summer and participate and/or even start the first game of the season. This sends a mixed message to the players if you ask me.

I know there is only one more regular season game left for these seniors. Play your heart out and do not leave anything on the field. Be sure that when the clock shows all zeros, that you can look inside and say to yourselves that you gave it your all. It is not how you start, but how you finish. Finish strong, play with a lot of pride, and do it for yourself, your family, your teammates, and the Panthers. Good luck the remainder of this year and in your bright future. Keep your head high!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with you 110% Stat_Pack 1. You make some great points. With honesty comes a lot of bashing from the supporters in high places. It is a shame, but hey, that is the way things go around here.

These seniors are a great group of young men who totally deserve better than what they are receiving and have received. They have put in the time, working hard during the hot summer days. They are present and accounted for and work hard during these months. It has been common practice for some members of the team to be present for one or two workouts during the summer and participate and/or even start the first game of the season. This sends a mixed message to the players if you ask me.

I know there is only one more regular season game left for these seniors. Play your heart out and do not leave anything on the field. Be sure that when the clock shows all zeros, that you can look inside and say to yourselves that you gave it your all. It is not how you start, but how you finish. Finish strong, play with a lot of pride, and do it for yourself, your family, your teammates, and the Panthers. Good luck the remainder of this year and in your bright future. Keep your head high!

:blink: And to all of you on this page........BIG :D UP!

I've seen playoff brackets that has Milan vs you guys in the first round. I haven't seen or heard much from your team this year. Can someone talk about your team as far as how many seniors that are back, what kind of offense, etc....etc..... If we play you guys in the first round, let me be the first to say that your fans and team will be treated very well, and if you've never been to Johnnie Hale Stadium, I think you will find that its a great place for high school football. The stadium is off campus in downtown Milan, you will find plenty of seats and the visitor parking lot is right behind the visitor stands. Good luck in the playoffs, looking foward to a great game.

I've seen playoff brackets that has Milan vs you guys in the first round. I haven't seen or heard much from your team this year. Can someone talk about your team as far as how many seniors that are back, what kind of offense, etc....etc..... If we play you guys in the first round, let me be the first to say that your fans and team will be treated very well, and if you've never been to Johnnie Hale Stadium, I think you will find that its a great place for high school football. The stadium is off campus in downtown Milan, you will find plenty of seats and the visitor parking lot is right behind the visitor stands. Good luck in the playoffs, looking foward to a great game.

Not sure Lewis is in yet.....they have to play E. Hickman and win and have to have Fairview win over Hickman.....the Lewis can get in. As far as seniors...they have lost two.....they only have I believe 8 left. Only 2 have experience the rest are learning on the fly this year. Lewis has only won 2 games, but in their defense they have played some top notch teams, 8 playoff teams from last year, including all the big schools such as Giles , Spinghill, Page and Marshall. They have been competitive in all games except one half and that was against Page. They have Played Wayne County (ranked 2nd) and Collinwood was ranked 7 but lost a game since so not sure of their statis right now. As far as Offense...same one for the past 20 years.....Wing T. They have no starting seniors in the backfield which consists of 2 sophmore, 2 jrs. They play hard every down every quarter till the final buzzer goes off. If they get in.....I can promise you that you will get all they can give. Not on the level of Milan.....thats being truthful, but will challenge you every play.

This is a great board to read. Positive about this group of kids. I seen Lewis play twice.....Nothing but all out effort. As a observer I appreciated the effort I seen put out. I understand some issue over coaching. Based on what I know they are correct. I seen last weeks (some) film and I'm still scratching my head.

But my real reason for posting is to salute the players and the poster on this board giving the players the respect they deserve. I know a couple of them and they diffently are first class kids, and better athletes that they are given credit for.

I also want to add a big :blink: up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info, didn't you guys go undefeated last year in the regular season, or am I thinking about someone else?

Yes they did, they lost to Goodpasture, which was their only loss last year. Except for 04 and 05 since 2001 they usually have only one loss, otherwise the most has been 2. This year they really got hammered with the new system. Teams they had on their schedule last years record ...08...14-37

09...13-33 (till now)

Which were Richland, Loretto, Waverly, Harpeth and Ezell

They were replaced with Giles, Marshall, Springhill, Page and Collinwood which records for last year was....08...35-22

09....30-17 (so far this year)

This years schedule has 8 playoff teams from last year and depending how it plays out this year could have 7. They (Lewis)have played a very tough schedule, I checked back for the past 9 years and couldn't find any season with anywhere close to that many winning teams they have faced in a year, let alone facing the 8 playoff teams. They are the smallest school in this District..around 550 playing schools with over or near 1000. But these kids have played hard every game. Are the a match for Milan.....I don't think so..but they will play you and give it their best. They have have lost 3 key players this year also...One an absolute play maked at LB/FB...a real game changer, They lost their corner, who lived for the hit and was also their kicker. They lost the backup fullback and OLB. Through all that.....I'm sure if you read some of this board and played hard and given it all they had............and are appreciated by the fans (those that understand the challenge this group has had to take on this year). I guess we'll have to wait till after Friday to see if you get them. Either way (except for next Friday if Lewis is in) Good luck!

Interesting. What a big change from what has Lewis faced in the past. I can see now why people are standing up for this years group. They have played a tougher schedule than any former teams have, and done it with not much experience. Next year Lewis should be back to their winning record. All I have read this is the year for a lot of teams Lewis has faced. So they will have some drop off and Lewis will have players with experience. Go on and predict next year.....9-1 to 7-3 being the worst.

Good luck this Week!

All i have to say about this group of seniors is that i've known them since they were freshman and they are a great bunch of kids and i played with some of them my senior year 2 years ago and i hate how this year is going for them. its just really bad coaching for Lewis County everybody says they play harder competition and they do but the coaches probably have better people on the sidelines than some of the people on the field every play

don't see how you can blame the coaching . coach sharp's record speaks for itself. he's having a down year like alot of good programs do and like alot of good programs, LC will rise out of the ashes to their dominating regular season prominence again. but for LC to advance in the playoffs now and in the future, they need speed and that's something you don't see alot of in LC.

Playing bigger schools can only help your team get better. Most every program(except those schools that allow OOZ players like Alcoa) will have trends of good players and so so players, it just happens. For example, Milan has a very talented Senior laden team this year, these kids have been playing football

together for 6 yrs. Next year we will have a tough road and might only win 5-6 games. Lewis County will

be good again and with a harder schedule you will be better in the playoffs.

I agree swingjuice. Lewis County is going to win this Friday night, Hickman County is going to lose and Lewis County is still going to the playoffs like always. The difference is that playing bigger, faster and stronger teams with more depth in the regular season is going to prepare them for the playoffs a lot better than having a weak sister 2A region with a bunch of 1A out of conference games. Instead of 1 or 2 challenging games in the regular season, they're staring at 4 or 5. That can't be bad unless you're only interested in W's.