Big Games in Memphis ... Week 10

kwc

It's Week 10 and its put up or shut up for some teams trying to get a WC spot. Some games are for seeding purposes. This is my look at what I think to be the 'Big Games in Memphis ... Week 10'.

Division I

District 14:

Arlington (6A, 9-0, 5-0) @ Millington (6A, 5-4, 4-1) [The winner is the top seed from District 14 in 6A]

Cordova (6A, 5-4, 3-2) @ Bolton (6A, 4-5, 1-4) [The winner could possibly get in a WC selection in 6A]

Craigmont (5A, 7-2, 3-2) @ Bartlett (5A, 3-6, 2-3) [The winner is the representative from District 14 in 5A]

District 15:

Ridgeway (5A, 3-5, 2-3) @ Kirby (6A, 4-5, 4-2) [both are in the post season regardless ... entertaining to watch though]

District 16:

Whitehaven (6A, 8-1, 4-1) @ Melrose (5A, 5-4, 4-1) [both are in the post season ... a win helps WH's seeding possibly ... Whitehaven can not host a 1st round game regardless of winning or losing because of the H2H with WSH ... will be a highly entertaiing game however ... bragging rights are on the line] {Let's hold the fort on the WH not hosting comment because they may be able to host a first round game if they win ... stay tuned!}

White Station (6A, 9-0, 5-0) vs Mitchell (5A, 7-2, 3-2)@ Whitehaven [Again ... both are already in the post season and neither a win nor a loss affects their seeding ... Another highly entertaining Distrcit 16 game with bragging rights on the line]

Division II

Class A

SBEC (A, 5-4, 5-3) @ FACS (A, 7-2, 4-2) [both are in the post season ... this is for seeding]

Class AA

MUS (AA, 9-0, 2-0) @ Briarcrest (AA, 6-3, 1-1)

My picks are as follows:

Arlington is still proving everybody was wrong about them ............... 17 - 14

Cordova wins a toss-up game .................................................... 28 - 21

Craigmont is just the better team ............................................... 28 - 7

Kirby in a shoot-out at the OK Corral ........................................... 35 - 28

Whitehaven has the defense to win ............................................. 28 - 14

White Station wins an offensive battle ......................................... 35 - 28

FACS slows down the SBEC qb enough to win ................................ 21 - 14

MUS has it won by halftime and cruises ........................................ 35 -7

That's it for me. How do you guys pick

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Arlington proves their legit....again by beating Millington 24-11 depending on field conditions I'll go as high 32-16. Score seems lopsided, but Millington fans just remember thats a two score game.

Cordova 14 Bolton 8 like you said a real toss up game.

Craigmont 26 Bartlett 12 I think Willie Matthews gets a TD late to keep the score respectable for the Panthers.

Ridgeway 16 Kirby 28- I don't think this will be a shootout from seeing both teams, but Ridgeway's pass defense is far from stellar and Fred Plummer and Deion Woods may have a field day.

Whitehaven 24 Melrose 22- Melrose loses due to Special Teams and Whitehaven just has enough edge to win the game.

White Station 38 Mitchell 32- Another high powered barn burner, but the question is, which Defense will make the big play?

Haven't seen SBEC or FACS

MUS 49 Briarcrest 14- Two Late TDs by the Saints send them home with some sort of moral victory. Lol.

Alot of really big games this week. With the biggest being Arlington/Millington IMO. Just about everyone has their spot locked up, so this one comes down to if the Arlington Tigers can turn around from a 1-9 season to go undefeated, and do it against the team that has been the top of the district for years. Coach Wiley has GOT to be considered for coach of the year honors ffor his turnaround job with this team.

The others that I think are going to be exciting are the Whitehaven/Melrose game and the WS/Mitchell game. These are 4 very good teams that have more athletes than they know what to do with. I just hope the rain stays away so field conditions can be ideal to see those athletes at full speed. Again, I will not be picking the Craigmont game.

Arlington 24 - Millington 20

Bolton 21 - Cordova 17

Kirby 26 - Ridgeway 16

Whitehaven 34 - Melrose 20

WS 35 - Mitchell 30

SBEC 28 - FACS 20

MUS 45 - Briarcrest 17

I say Cordova/Bolton is the biggest game followed by Craigmont/Bartlett. You have three of the four teams playing for a possible last chance effort to get into the post season. Although I have to agree with Gochief on the Arlington/Millington game being big due to the anticipation of the Defending District Champs taking on a Arlington team coming off a 1-9 season to accomplish the unthinkable perfect 10-0!

With that said I believe Bolton handles Cordova by two scores 24-10

While Craigmont's D will be to much and they take Bartlett 28-7

Ridgeway in a close one over Kirby 22-20

Whitehaven just a tad bit more talent to take Melrose 26-20

Whitestation out plays Mitchell to a 24-18 win

FACS over SBEC 35-14

MUS take out Briarcrest 45-7.

:lol: That's all folks! :lol::lol:

This is my look at what I think to be the 'Big Games in Memphis ... Week 10'.

My picks are as follows:

Arlington is still proving everybody was wrong about them ............... 17 - 14

Cordova wins a toss-up game .................................................... 28 - 21

Craigmont is just the better team ............................................... 28 - 7

Kirby in a shoot-out at the OK Corral ........................................... 35 - 28

Whitehaven has the defense to win ............................................. 28 - 14

White Station wins an offensive battle ......................................... 35 - 28

FACS slows down the SBEC qb enough to win ................................ 21 - 14

MUS has it won by halftime and cruises ........................................ 35 -7

Arl 24 --- Mill 10 ........... Arlington's passing game will doom Millington.

Bol 13 --- Cord 10 ........... Nip and tuck all the way, @ Bolton.

Crgm 21 --- Bart 7 ........... Cgmt tunes up for playoffs.

Rdg 27 --- Kby 20 ........... Rdgwy is marginally better.

Mel 25 --- Whvn 21 ....... UPSET ALERT!!!

Whitehaven is the better team, IMO, but Melrose plays its best game of year and shocks Whitehaven, at Melrose!

WS 42 --- Mitch 26 .......... Mitchell will run out of gas.

SBEC 38 --- FACS 24 ............. FACS is still outclassed.

MUS 45 ---- Briar 13 ............ Briarcrest is totally outclassed.

Arlington 28 - Millington 14

Cordova 21 - Bolton 14

Craigmont 21 - Bartlett 7

Kirby 28 - Ridgeway 21

Whitehaven 28 - 20

Whitestation 42 - Mitchell 27

Man early predictions on playoff matchups is showing the Arlington/Millington winner getting to host Whitehaven and the loser possibly traveling to Brighton. I think Millington and Whitehaven have seen each other in about every playoff for about 10 years. I say Let Alrington Have em.

Still no love or respect for the Trojans by these posters, everybody is already crowning the new King.

Cordova get the win Bolton lost Best defesnive player 2 weeks ago.

Graigmont over Bartlett

Ridgeway over kirby

WH in a close one

WS in a close one

You have to give respect to earn respect.

You may have a beef with some poster on this site but you can keep those comment directed somewhere besides my direction. I have not said anything disrepectful about teams in the area. My comment is directly related to the previous post and their predictions.

I agree with cam. He is one of the respectful Millington fans on here. Dont lump him in with the idiots on here.

Thanks for the word, but i am not much worried about what others say on here besides i'm friends with Coach Wiley and i am glad to see him have a good year because some fans were not real please with the past couple years even though they have been trying to build something over there. Fan will trun on you in a second or they will load up in the wagon. Kinda like a wife "Can't live withum, can't live withoutem" lol