2a Playoff Picture following week nine (with seedings)

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Rockwood and Tellico can't play in the first rounds, that's just how the seeds would be before they made that adjustments.

Also, I didn't say moving separating Boyd and Trousdale would guarantee a semifinal match-up. My question is do you think the TSSAA would separate them to set up that chance.

I know Rockwood and Tellico can't play in the first rounds, that's just how the seeds would be before they made that adjustments.

Also, I didn't say moving separating Boyd and Trousdale would guarantee a semifinal match-up. My question is do you think the TSSAA would separate them to set up that chance.

No. The TSSAA could care less.

Well, like I said on the "Ask Reitz" thread. I heard this past weekend that Middle Tn. was going to be split North/South, with the North going West, and the South going East. That would make C11's second (orange) bracket look pretty close. Who knows? One thing the Z plan has accomplished is all this speculation. I, for one, kinda enjoy the new wrinkle simply for the excitement and anticipation of the Saturday morning "Selection Show". (Of course, I'm not a coach that has to prepare these kids, not really knowing who you are going to match-up with. Nor is my team getting screwed by a team with a loosing record.)

Also do you think the TSSAA would throw Boyd in Quad 1 and Tellico Plains in Quad 2 to keep the Boyd-Trousdale match on for the semis? Geographically it doesn't seem like they would, but there's not a huge difference in traveling to/from Tellico Plains and Chattanooga.

I don't think that would happen, but you never know.

I don't think they will do this. The new plan in suppose to reduce travel in the earlier rounds. We (TC) will either be in quad 2 or 3, and I'm pretty confident Boyd has nowhere to go but quad 2. Either way, it won't be a semi-final match-up between these two.....I don't think! :roflol:

I promise Boyd will not overlook anyone after the Boyd-Marion game last year. With Cascade, Forrest, Rockwood, and Tellico being 90min away from the Chatt. teams I think that there is a good chance of them being paired together instead of TC that is 3 hours away. Who knows???

Actually the Cosby/Unaka winner would be seated ahead of TP in your "if Harriman wins" bracket. They would be a District second place finisher while TP would simply be a top half in class qualifier.

The work you have put forth is great but in the last scenario Riverside doesn't even appear. How does a region runner up at 8-2 wind up being a #6 seed either way you look at it? They beat Dresden.

My apologies friend. For some reason I had Humboldt ahead of Riverside by mistake. I went back and corrected it for you. In the "blue" scenerio were I have you guys going over to Quad 3, I don't know whether Riverside or East Robertson would get the three seed. Appears both will finish with 8-2 records so you would have to wait and see which is higher in the final "wildcard" rankings.

In quad 1.

If Rockwood beats Harriman Friday night they will be be an automatic qualifier and Tellico Plains would be the wild-card that would make it

1. Hampton

2. Oneida

3. Rockwood

4. Oliver Springs

5. Unaka/Cosby

6. Tellico Plains

Tellico would have a head to-head win over Rockwood, but if both win Friday there would be a three-way tie for second in District 3-A between Harriman, Rockwood and Tellico Plains. Rockwood would get second in that tiebreaker scenario with the best overall record. Harriman would then take third with their head-to-head win over Tellico Plains.

If Harriman beats Rockwood then the quad would look like this.

1. Hampton

2. Oneida

3. Oliver Springs

4. Tellico Plains

5. Unaka/Cosby

6. Rockwood

Ok, let's go back to if Rockwood beats Harriman this week: Tell me how the following is possible???

Make me understand this...........TP beat the only other 2A team in their region(Rockwood), and are going to finish with identical district records.....3-2

But yet Rockwood is getting the automatic bid?????

Is head to head not the first tie breaker to see who the 2A automatic qualifier is???

I would love to be there when TP gets that phone call!!!!