District 14A

tigerfan89

I heard Union City lost by 2 points to Perry County, KY at the Marshall County Hoopfest this afternoon...I don't know what PC had coming back but they were 25-6 last season...PC came into the game 1-0...

From what I was told, Perry County is loaded and might make a run at the Ky State Basketball Title this year.

Union City will be pretty good by season end.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the worst Union City team i've seen in a long time. Got to view them over in Jackson. They played Bolivar without Their starters in and played even. Josh, K.J., Tyler, Cox, and Kendel are the projected starters. I don't know how startin to guys at 5'7 is goin to work out. Then Josh and K.J. are about 5'10. Kendel is about 6'2. I don't think they will press because of the Bench is very thin. Chipper is my guy but Union City is down in a big way.

007..Would Union City not have some still playing football?

They may have one player that plays football but trust me. I saw the core of there team. It was the worst Union City team i've seen in a while.

yeh there are about 4 or 5 basketball players that play football but none of them are big time playmakers that anybody has to worry about. we dont have heighth, kendal and a sophmore who is about 6'1 6'2 is the only heighth on the team. we arent that good but we arent terrible either. we took dyer county into overtime and lost by 10 and only lost to jackson southside by 7. who knows when we will go back to murfreesboro

Blowout Friday night @ South Fulton by Peabody, 90-63, they are now 6-1, 5 of those wins on the road

I heard Obion Central put 100 on South Fulton tonite....

yeh i went. it was a good game in the first half. oc was only up by 1. oc started the 2nd half on a good run. all oc does is shoot threes. if they shoot and miss they get the rebound and try another three. there main senior is out with a foot injury and should be back after christmas. oc is pretty decent without him now and should be better with him

purpleandgold4life posted...

"yeh there are about 4 or 5 basketball players that play football but none of them are big time playmakers that anybody has to worry about. we dont have heighth, kendal and a sophmore who is about 6'1 6'2 is the only heighth on the team. we arent that good but we arent terrible either. we took dyer county into overtime and lost by 10 and only lost to jackson southside by 7. who knows when we will go back to murfreesboro"

Union City beat Jackson South Side....UC has gotten beat by Southwind, Dyer County and Perry County, Ky....

Blowout Friday night @ South Fulton by Peabody, 90-63, they are now 6-1, 5 of those wins on the road

I heard Obion Central put 100 on South Fulton tonite....

yeh i went. it was a good game in the first half. oc was only up by 1. oc started the 2nd half on a good run. all oc does is shoot threes. if they shoot and miss they get the rebound and try another three. there main senior is out with a foot injury and should be back after christmas. oc is pretty decent without him now and should be better with him

I figure OC will win around 8-10 games...Only teams they have beaten are 1A teams (SF 2X's)..The district teams they have played were Crockett County (lost by 10) and Covington (lost 84-49)...The kids work hard but they are just too small and not athletic enough to beat the teams in their district....

• 2 weeks later...

Union City - 75

Greenfield - 62

Union City is now 6-4 overall and 3-1 in District 14A....

Today, Union City travels to The Eagle's Nest in Mayfield, KY. to play in The TimePiece Classic...

They open up with the host school the Graves County Eagles @ 11:30 AM..They play a second game today as well @ 5:30 PM against the Heath Pirates....They play again Monday night @ 8:30 PM against the Murray Tigers...They will play again sometime on Tuesday depending on where they finish in the first three games...Lake County is also playing in this tournament...It would be great to see UC and LC play for the championship...I saw just about every game in this tournament last year when Graves County beat Covington for the title...It's a nice event in a real good venue but it's set up for Graves to win and they get a bunch of breaks...Graves County is big and they are experienced..They played at Rupp Arena in the Sweet 16 last season and are favored to return this season...There is a team from Canada in this tourney as well...

After Christmas the Tornadoes play in the 1st Southern Bank Christmas Classic...Their first game will be Dec.28th @ 8:00 PM when they play Central Hardin, KY....Other teams in this tournament are Kentucky teams Logan County, Russellville, Elliott County, Caverna and Ohio County...The other team is Clarksville North West....

Union City - 75

Greenfield - 62

Union City is now 6-4 overall and 3-1 in District 14A....

Today, Union City travels to The Eagle's Nest in Mayfield, KY. to play in The TimePiece Classic...

They open up with the host school the Graves County Eagles @ 11:30 AM..They play a second game today as well @ 5:30 PM against the Heath Pirates....They play again Monday night @ 8:30 PM against the Murray Tigers...They will play again sometime on Tuesday depending on where they finish in the first three games...Lake County is also playing in this tournament...It would be great to see UC and LC play for the championship...I saw just about every game in this tournament last year when Graves County beat Covington for the title...It's a nice event in a real good venue but it's set up for Graves to win and they get a bunch of breaks...Graves County is big and they are experienced..They played at Rupp Arena in the Sweet 16 last season and are favored to return this season...There is a team from Canada in this tourney as well...

After Christmas the Tornadoes play in the 1st Southern Bank Christmas Classic...Their first game will be Dec.28th @ 8:00 PM when they play Central Hardin, KY....Other teams in this tournament are Kentucky teams Logan County, Russellville, Elliott County, Caverna and Ohio County...The other team is Clarksville North West....

Lake Co beat Murray Ky. 61-55 in a game that just finished about 20 minutes ago !You're probably right about Graves Co..Graves Co beat Union City by over 20 points..!

Just got home from Graves Co Ky ..Union City lost by 1 point to Heath Ky in their second game..Graves Co beat Murray Ky .by about 10 points in a slow down game about 55 to 45 and Lake Co beat Salt Lake Canada 91-71..I believe the announcer said Lake Co was going to play Heath Ky. Monday night..!I have to talk good about Patrick Robertson tonight..I've been saying about how bad he has been playing but the past few games he's played a lot better..Tonight was the best I've seen him look in a couple years..I believe he had 28 points..Great job Patrick..Leron Garett has been lighting the 3's up lately ..probably had about 14 points and Raphael Tyler probably had around 18 and Ricky Boyd and the new kid Devon Jones..probably about 10 or 12 each