Best teams in west tennessee????

jacksonwide

Reeling this one back in with my top ten.

1) MUS

2) Whitehaven

3) Christian Brothers

4) White Station

5) Germantown

6) Mitchell

7) Henry Co.

8) Milan

9) Liberty Tech

10) ECS

let's throw out the DII-AA schools because they recruit:

1-germantown

2-milan

3-henry co.

4-white station

5-whitehaven

6-crockett.co

7-liberty tech

8-mitchell

9-camden

10-mckenzie

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hungry::thumb::lol:

now that is funny.... now go and check yourself into the hospital. MUS would have trouble with Alcoa's run game.

Take off your maroon tinted glasses and give yourself a reality check. If MUS hasn't had any trouble with any other teams running the ball this year, they wouldn't have trouble with Alcoa. I don't get where you think they'd have trouble stopping Alcoa's run game. Just because you ran for 350+ yards against Maryville makes you think you're unstoppable? MUS would beat Maryville by as many as they wanted to as well. I'm telling you, MUS makes NO mistakes and run things to perfection. MUS has NO players going both ways. Alcoa would have trouble with MUS's running game, passing game, defense and whatever else is left.

amen gc i have seen them and there is no doubt they would have little problems staying with alcoa i really feel they would beat them by a couple tds atleast

sky1234 - you can go to the tssaa.org website and get playoff histories on whomever you want. MUS has won 3 of the last 5 DIIAA state championships. I realize you don't have any DIIAA teams in your neck of the woods (nor do any of your area teams ever play them) but trust me it is a tough league and has teams competitive with teams at ANY level of the public schools.

I think Milan could beat most of those teams he has in front of them.

Maybe a few, especially if they had to come to Milan. It doesn't matter though, except for our conversation on here. Most people, save for our Manassas or Camden friends, would agree that no team comes within three touchdowns of the Bulldogs until the semifinals. Most people would say Milan is the best team in rural West Tennessee, too. So it's fun to predict a game between Milan and Henry Co. or MUS and Whitehaven. My only hope is that all our teams play well in the postseason, stay healthy and enjoy the ride. And while teams west of the river have brought home just one gold ball in each of the past three seasons, let's win some more this year in Cookeville.

I think Milan could beat a few teams you have listed above them? What does everyone think?

I think Milan could beat most of those teams he has in front of them.

Really?.......which ones?

I think Alcoa fans are a little full of themselves, MUS could beat alot of small college schools.

MUS by 30+ easy, but Alcoa might be the second best High School team in TN.

Well, apparently, those that earn their living by knowing and predicting these type things feel that Ensworth is better than Alcoa as well. Check out Rivalhigh Top 100. Alcoa is good, very good. But face it, they do not get beat up every week like many teams do playing the district schedule that they play. Is that a knock on them...absolutely not....you play who you play...simple as that. I expect them to play in the Blue Cross Bowl....but not the Music City Bowl or the Super Bowl Alcoa fans!

Reeling this one back in with my top ten.

1) MUS

2) Whitehaven

3) Christian Brothers

4) White Station

5) Germantown

6) Mitchell

7) Henry Co.

8) Milan

9) Liberty Tech

10) ECS

let's throw out the DII-AA schools because they recruit:

1-germantown

2-milan

3-henry co.

4-white station

5-whitehaven

6-crockett.co

7-liberty tech

8-mitchell

9-camden

10-mckenzie[/quote

Do you really think that McKenzie could beat Melrose....even in McKenzie? Camden beats Arlington...really? Crockett County get routed by Milan and you think they could be Wooddale??............huh?? Come on guys....really!!

As much as I like Mckenzie and Camden, Memphis East....yes, the Mustangs at 3-7 would beat either team at their place....yes...including the Lions.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

now that is funny.... now go and check yourself into the hospital. MUS would have trouble with Alcoa's run game.

Take off your maroon tinted glasses and give yourself a reality check. If MUS hasn't had any trouble with any other teams running the ball this year, they wouldn't have trouble with Alcoa. I don't get where you think they'd have trouble stopping Alcoa's run game. Just because you ran for 350+ yards against Maryville makes you think you're unstoppable? MUS would beat Maryville by as many as they wanted to as well. I'm telling you, MUS makes NO mistakes and run things to perfection. MUS has NO players going both ways. Alcoa would have trouble with MUS's running game, passing game, defense and whatever else is left.

We actually ran for 442 yards on Maryville and we had 2 3rd down plays all night. If you ever played against a Rebel team you realize how amazing those two stats are. Having said that have one of those Memphis private school schedule us in 2011 and 2012. We will need two games in those years. That way these imaginary games can become reality. I'm sure Alcoa would gladly accept any invitation to play MUS or any other private school. If I'm not mistaken Alcoa is 3-1 against DII teams all time. :o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We actually ran for 442 yards on Maryville and we had 2 3rd down plays all night. If you ever played against a Rebel team you realize how amazing those two stats are. Having said that have one of those Memphis private school schedule us in 2011 and 2012. We will need two games in those years. That way these imaginary games can become reality. I'm sure Alcoa would gladly accept any invitation to play MUS or any other private school. If I'm not mistaken Alcoa is 3-1 against DII teams all time. :o

Volfan5...if I were you or your administration, I would contact them and not wait by the phone on them to call you! They (MUS, MBA, Ensworth, BA, McCallie, Christian Brothers) doesn't need an ALCOA to offer to come play them to solidify anything!....you mean nothing to them...and they could care less! Therefore, my suggestion would be to call them...you can find each of the school's phone information by logging onto their team homepage on this very website! Good luck with your scheduling!!

Volfan5...if I were you or your administration, I would contact them and not wait by the phone on them to call you! They (MUS, MBA, Ensworth, BA, McCallie, Christian Brothers) doesn't need an ALCOA to offer to come play them to solidify anything!....you mean nothing to them...and they could care less! Therefore, my suggestion would be to call them...you can find each of the school's phone information by logging onto their team homepage on this very website! Good luck with your scheduling!!

Wow!! For one Alcoa played McCallie in 06 and 07. Alcoa won both of those games. McCallie didn't renew their series with us after that. Also we have contacted several schools in the Nashville area that have declined to play us. Some of the so called big boys. I would like to get to play some of these imaginary games Advisor.

MUS vs. Alcoa...sounds like the classic water cooler debate Brady vs. Manning. One can claim they are better because of the championships, and that is their silver bullet so to say. The other claims "they" are better because of the talent, the productivity, and the overall greatness. I believe both teams probably respect each other tremendously, such as the 2 guys stated above, and in their eyes, they could care less about being considered the best over each other as long as their teams win. That being said..Go Milan!! :roflolk:

All right! Another thread taken over by Alcoa vs. Whoever!! YAYYAYAYAYA ALCOA is now located in West TN. Sooooooooooo excited to get the Alcoa Vs. New England Patriots again! Why doesn't Alcoa go schedule UT since it's so close by! That would be one heck of a gate! While we're at it, lets go ahead and get Alcoa vs. the Titans in Nashville to see if Alcoa is the best in middle TN, then get Alcoa to call up Memphis and see if the Tigers will take a home and home. F5 vs. the AFC Probowl team would be a very compelling matchup. Think the AFC all stars can shut down that running game? I'm not sure, they hung 450 on Maryville. I just wonder if Alcoa will pick off Manning and Brady a few times and take it to the house.

<<< ALCOA!!!>>>>

Then, IMO, after that it goes

1. MUS

2. CB

3. White Station

4. Germantown

5. Henry Co.

6. Milan

7. Mitchell

8. Whitehaven

9. Camden

10. Liberty Tech