5A Playoffs The Way I See It, Week 10 edition

randymc

Okay, which of you guys is right? Where does Anderson County go? Quad 1 or 2? I realize it's a belly rub to some extent, but it's quite the variation isn't it?

It really is a tough call. There are so many East TN teams that qualified, it just depends on where they decide to put them. I am sorry we can't really help you out more than that. I would assume since you lost, you would go into Quad 2, but nobody will know until tomorrow morning.

Indeed it is a tough call, and thanks for taking the time to hazard and share an educated guess. It's been educational and entertaining to follow your posts the past few weeks. :popcorneater:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quad 2 is the one that is going to be very interesting, as you must take a Clarksville/Metro/Sumner team and send them east, and who will it be, my guess is the last WC team into the playoffs. Other question on the other side of Quad 2 is who gets split off from the rest of the far east tn team, Clinton and Anderson Co make sense geographically, but I think these teams might get split up.

hillsboro is a hour and 15 from columbia

I could definitely see Hillsboro moved into Quad 2 instead of Springfield if that's what you mean. It would not be a stretch, maybe even more likely than Springfield.

Okay, which of you guys is right? Where does Anderson County go? Quad 1 or 2? I realize it's a belly rub to some extent, but it's quite the variation isn't it?

It really is a tough call. There are so many East TN teams that qualified, it just depends on where they decide to put them. I am sorry we can't really help you out more than that. I would assume since you lost, you would go into Quad 2, but nobody will know until tomorrow morning.

Indeed it is a tough call, and thanks for taking the time to hazard and share an educated guess. It's been educational and entertaining to follow your posts the past few weeks. :popcorneater:

You are welcome, I enjoy solving problems, and creating a few myself too lol

randymc - I am a bit confused at a couple of the posts on here. mjhub has lawrence co. in quad two and you had them in quad 4 (or vice versa). How can there be that big a spread in deciding which way they go? I am from Henry County and I understand all of the other quad 4 teams but them...

randymc - I am a bit confused at a couple of the posts on here. mjhub has lawrence co. in quad two and you had them in quad 4 (or vice versa). How can there be that big a spread in deciding which way they go? I am from Henry County and I understand all of the other quad 4 teams but them...

If you look at my post on Page 3, I have LCHS in Quad 2. I had them in Quad 4 earlier this week, but after the events of tonight (where this thread stars), which knocked Tullahoma out, and someone had to move over, and in my opinion it will be LCHS. Hope that makes sense.

If you look at my post on Page 3, I have LCHS in Quad 2. I had them in Quad 4 earlier this week, but after the events of tonight (where this thread stars), which knocked Tullahoma out, and someone had to move over, and in my opinion it will be LCHS. Hope that makes sense.

Ok, got it now. I didn't catch the Tullahoma change. But now I understand.

Thanks for the clarification. We see how it all pans out officially in a few hours!

Tennessee High (5A) D1 #1

Sullivan South (5A) D1 #2

Daniel Boone (5A) D1 #3

Morristown West (5A) D2 #2

Morristown East (5A) D2 #4

Seymour (5A) D2 #5

Clinton D3 #1

Anderson Co D3 #3

Knoxville Powell (5A) D3 #4

Knoxville Catholic (5A) D4 #4

Cleveland (5A) D5 #5

White County (5A) D6 #4

Columbia (5A) D8 #1

Lawrence County (5A) D8 #2

Hendersonville (5A) D9 #3

Beech (5A) D9 #1

Henry County (5A) D10 #1

Clarksville Northwest (5A) D10 #2

Clarksville Northeast (5A) D10 #3

Hillsboro (5A) D11 #5

Glencliff (5A) D12 #4

Hardin County D13 #2

Jackson Northside D13 #3

Bartlett (5A) D14 #4

Ridgeway (5A) D15 #4

Melrose (5A) D16 #2

Mitchell (5A) D16 #4

Craigmont WC

Gallatin WC

Clarksville WC

Shelbyville WC

Springfield WC

So the Quads, in my opinion look like this:

QUAD 1

Tennessee High (5A) D1 #1

Sullivan South (5A) D1 #2

Morristown West (5A) D2 #2

Daniel Boone (5A) D1 #3

Knoxville Catholic (5A) D4 #4

Knoxville Powell (5A) D3 #4

Morristown East (5A) D2 #4

Seymour (5A) D2 #5

QUAD 2

Clinton D3 #1

Columbia (5A) D8 #1

Lawrence County (5A) D8 #2

Anderson Co D3 #3

White County (5A) D6 #4

Cleveland (5A) D5 #5

Springfield WC

Shelbyville WC

QUAD 3

Beech (5A) D9 #1

Clarksville Northwest (5A) D10 #2

Hendersonville (5A) D9 #3

Clarksville Northeast (5A) D10 #3

Glencliff (5A) D12 #4

Hillsboro (5A) D11 #5

Gallatin WC

Clarksville WC

QUAD 4

Henry County (5A) D10 #1

Hardin County D13 #2

Melrose (5A) D16 #2

Jackson Northside D13 #3

Mitchell (5A) D16 #4

Ridgeway (5A) D15 #4

Bartlett (5A) D14 #4

Craigmont WC

Quad 1 is a little iffy on the 5, 6, and 7 seeds I think...so who knows, and if they even split Anderson Co and Clinton off into Quad 2, or just 1 of them. My apologies to the Mitchell fans out there, looks like they will indeed be #5 seed in Quad 4 after the outcomes from this weekend. Now, we'll just see how wrong this is in the morning.

So #1 Henry Co. has to play 7-3 Craigmont right off the bat? It should be the best opening game in the state.....

After studying the TSSAA website on the playoffs and how to determine them this is what I think will happen tomorrow (I think they should place us in Middle Tennessee since we play there but they will place us where ever they want to as usual)

QUAD FOUR ROUND ONE

1-Henry County Craigmont @ Henry County

2-Hardin County Ridgeway @ Hardin County

3-Melrose Bartlett @ Melrose

4-Northside Mitchell @ Northside

5-Mitchell

6-Bartlett

7-Ridgeway

8-Craigmont