Obion Central Rebels @ Mem. Fairley Bulldogs

Heard the game has been moved up to 5:30 pm. Can anyone confirm? :thumb:

Now why would they move the game time up? That would be crazy. People have to get home from work and get ready for the game. If the fans from OC are worried about going to memphis then stay home and listen to the radio. Let's remember that the people in memphis are football fans also and are just like everyone else from Obion County, they just want to support and cheer for their team...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obion Central fans:

First let me begin by saying congratulations on your playoff berth. We, Fairley fans, look forward to a very good and competitive contest at John P. Freeman Friday night. I know alot has been said and been written about Memphis and Memphis crime but you all don't have much to worry about. Most of the Fairley fans as well as the people of the Whitehaven community are very respectable and law-abiding citizens. There have never been any problems with fans from out of town coming to watch a football contest at J.P. Freeman. The only time we expect trouble is when Fairley plays Whitehaven, but that only amounts to trash-talking. I know many of you may feel cause for concern because of the reputation Memphis has but I hope you all can come and enjoy yourselves without worrying about being harmed. The fact of the matter is that it boils down to race. African-Americans have concerns when we travel to predominantly white, small, rural towns too but we come and try not to prejudge. There were at least 6 Obion Co. coaches at last Friday's Fairley-Hillcrest game and they didn't have any trouble at all. They stayed until the end and saw a very good game. Please try not to prejudge too much.

Look forward to seeing many of you Friday night.

God Bless!!

Fairley Bulldogs........MY ALMA MATER!!!! :roflol:

Showtime9....AMEN to everything you said! We at Henry County have had the privilege to play the Bulldogs 3 times over the past 5 years and every time is has been a great scene! Not one time has there been ANY inappropriate behavior on either side! Citizens of Troy, expect to see a strong showing of Bulldog supporters,an itimidating atmosphere, a spirited home side, a loud and talented group of marching muscians, and a athletic and speedy team on the field! Fairley has WITHOUT A DOUBT...Tennessee's best marching band.....that's right...I know Obion County and even the Golden Tornadoes just up the road love their bands and they too have a talented group...but trust me when I say the Marching Bulldogs are in a class of their own. My only wish is that we in Paris could play Fairley every season...win or lose..and experience what has become a very friendly and competitive rivalry!

Showtime9...i think the most of these concerns stems from the fact that Obion County is not a regular in the TSSAA Football postseason..therefore they do not have the luxury of visiting other communities outside their district and immediate area. As a matter of fact, if I were the administration at Fairley, I would contact Obion County Central on Friday morning just to ensure that they intend on making the trip. It has been our experience dealing with the Rebels from Troy that they routinely decide on the day of the game that they do not want to play...cancelling games on their opponents...doing both their student athletes and their opponent's student athlete a great disservice! Hold on..Rebels...before you get on here and type your rebuttal posts...just know what you are talking about before you post!

Good luck to both the Rebels and Bulldogs...this is such to be a fun night at JP Freeman!!!!!

p.s. All game times are moved up during week 11 to 7:00...not 5:30 or 7:30...so you can put those rumors to rest!

Advisor posted ....

" As a matter of fact, if I were the administration at Fairley, I would contact Obion County Central on Friday morning just to ensure that they intend on making the trip. It has been our experience dealing with the Rebels from Troy that they routinely decide on the day of the game that they do not want to play...cancelling games on their opponents...doing both their student athletes and their opponent's student athlete a great disservice! Hold on..Rebels...before you get on here and type your rebuttal posts...just know what you are talking about before you post!".....

I don't know and am asking....Please elaborate...Are we talking scrimmages, JV games, freshman games ??..Just asking....Cause it would be real funny if the principal at Fairley called the OC AD and asked him if they were still coming to a playoff game..... :roflol: ....I do know OC's girls and boys played in a basketball jamboree in Paris last season.....

Heard the game has been moved up to 5:30 pm. Can anyone confirm? :roflol:

Now why would they move the game time up? That would be crazy. People have to get home from work and get ready for the game. If the fans from OC are worried about going to memphis then stay home and listen to the radio. Let's remember that the people in memphis are football fans also and are just like everyone else from Obion County, they just want to support and cheer for their team...

Seems like Oakhaven gave up a home playoff game in Memphis one year to play at Union City ???.....

I agree 5:30 would be stupid....

Have you people lost it? Not used to post season and may not make the trip? Last minute cancellations? Get real. I believe the COACH stated that he tried to get the game moved due to the field conditions. The Rebels have played in 3 previous post-season games in Memphis in the past, and I don't believe they cancelled. I personally don't go to Memphis unless I have to, Nashville either for that matter. But I'll be where the Rebels are playing regardless. Some of the statements being made on here are ludicrous. I didn't see any OC fans bashing Fairley. Stir your stink in another direction. Win or lose, the Rebels and Rebel fans will be on hand Friday night in Memphis. No one has judged the people from Fairley. If there is a pre-judgement, it is on the city of Memphis. Showtime9, best of luck to your bunch on Friday night. The Rebels will be there and so will I.

Have you people lost it? Not used to post season and may not make the trip? Last minute cancellations? Get real. I believe the COACH stated that he tried to get the game moved due to the field conditions. The Rebels have played in 3 previous post-season games in Memphis in the past, and I don't believe they cancelled. I personally don't go to Memphis unless I have to, Nashville either for that matter. But I'll be where the Rebels are playing regardless. Some of the statements being made on here are ludicrous. I didn't see any OC fans bashing Fairley. Stir your stink in another direction. Win or lose, the Rebels and Rebel fans will be on hand Friday night in Memphis. No one has judged the people from Fairley. If there is a pre-judgement, it is on the city of Memphis. Showtime9, best of luck to your bunch on Friday night. The Rebels will be there and so will I.

Did Obion County cancell a freshman game two weeks ago on Henry Co. or not?...again..just know what you are talking about before you post!

Did Obion County cancell a freshman game two weeks ago on Henry Co. or not?...again..just know what you are talking about before you post!

Wow, maybe you ought to know what you are talking about before posting bro....according to the freshmen coach (who I happen to talk to), they had to cancel because their freshmen had not played a game in 3 weeks due to other teams cancelling. Add to that it was the next to last week of the regular season. If the game had been earlier OR the other teams had not cancelled so that the freshmen Rebels could play, there probably would have been a game.

Like I said earlier, do you honestly deep down in your heart that Coach Jackson would cancel a playoff game? That he, the staff, and the players would work to this point to do something like that? Get real pal!