Cumberland Gap VS Elizabethton

Lawman1

Hate to hear the Panthers are so banged up....you need to be 100% to keep it close IMO....the fact that the Cyclones shut out Greeneville does not bode well for the Gap....good luck!!
The cyclones are 9 points from being 10-0 but that's the way it goes.Best defense betsy had in 10 years.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the atmosphere will be one of the best experiences you can have for Prep football. Its located in a residential area in a small town so you have the peaceful and relaxing small town atmosphere going. The school spirit for cyclone football and the cyclone band is probably some of the best in the area. Expect to be seeing a lot of orange and black on the away side bc most of the home side are reserved seats.

Concessions are pretty good, Chik-fil a caters and a chicken sandwich costs like 3.50. Pretty tasty! It will be loud so home field will truly be part of an advantage for the Cyclones. I find it very relaxing to watch a game in Etown and the stadium is very nice and has a good amount of seating.

My prediction: 42-14 I hope it's a bit closer so we can have a good game like CAK but with no injuries!

Well, the atmosphere will be one of the best experiences you can have for Prep football. Its located in a residential area in a small town so you have the peaceful and relaxing small town atmosphere going. The school spirit for cyclone football and the cyclone band is probably some of the best in the area. Expect to be seeing a lot of orange and black on the away side bc most of the home side are reserved seats.

Concessions are pretty good, Chik-fil a caters and a chicken sandwich costs like 3.50. Pretty tasty! It will be loud so home field will truly be part of an advantage for the Cyclones. I find it very relaxing to watch a game in Etown and the stadium is very nice and has a good amount of seating.

My prediction: 42-14 I hope it's a bit closer so we can have a good game like CAK but with no injuries!

:thumb:

Well that sounds awesome. I love Chick-fil-a!!!! I'm hoping for a good game with no injuries as well. It would probably be the first time all year that we end a game without someone hurt...and that's no joke!! If CG can keep it relatively close then i'll be happy. It's been a long tough season for the panthers but they've hung in there and never cease to amaze me with the heart they show. But in the end, Betsy will have too much depth and strength this time around. But as a fan...you never say never!!! :thumb:

CG - 20

Betsy - 42

But hoping for the upset!!! GO PANTHERS!!!!!!

Can any of the folks in Elizabethton tell us what kind of atmosphere we can expect? Plus probably the most important thing...how are the concessions???? :D I hope we can bring a good crowd up there and im hoping for a good ballgame! I'll give my prediction on the score tomorrow! GO PANTHERS!!!!! :D

The location of the stadium gives it a nostalgic atmosphere, grided streets surround and almost envelop the stadium. Huge lite American flag and fireworks for the national anthem. Very nice & friendly people for the most part. I still find it surprising & "uncomfortable" that such a large number of Betsy fans sit square in the middle of the visitors fans. This is the only place I've experienced this for high school football. The explanation is that the good seats on the home side bleachers are basically sold out to season ticket holders and so the overflow Betsy fans looking for better seats invade the visitors bleachers. That scenario is a less than desirable situation when you are cheering for your team in a close game and emotions are running high. I guess it has become some kind of tradition at Betsy for this to occur. Other than that, I would give the atmosphere high marks.

When literally 95% of the home stands are reserved where else are we supposed to sit? I've gone to every home game and most of our away games and EHS fans have outnumbered the other sides fans 2-1.

On Friday nights Elizabethton almost shuts down as most of the population is sitting in Brown Childres Stadium so it has always been that way (EHS fans sitting on the away side)

They play a House of Pain rap song (jump) every time they score, I hope you don't have to hear it as much as we did when North went to Betsy this year. I liked walking through the neighborhood to get to the field. Parking is not as bad as you would think and we got out quick. The home fans were nice enough and postive in their cheering. I think a real good rule of thumb for all of us fans on every team would be if you can't say some thing good be quiet. Good luck to all the 3 rivers teams (this week) and play safe.

GO RAIDERS