(#5) Overton Bobcats @ (#4) Franklin Rebels

huskergymnast33

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We finally have brackets, and its Overton vs Franklin in round 1. Most of us have seen this match-up before in round 1... Here we go.

This one will be a good one. Most will probably pick Franklin but I think Overton will give the Rebels all they want. I think both teams will be ready and both have solid offenses and defenses. For Franklin Lee and Ford have to play well and run well which could be hard against Overton's defense. The passing game had better be on because Overton's secondary is pretty good. For Overton they have to stay healthy and make the big play. Tez H. has to play solid and hit the holes. Dobbs has to be on target and make wise decisions. The defense for Overton has to be able to stop the two backs from Franklin and not give up the cheap plays. I think this one will be close, I'll say Overton wins 21-20.

We finally have brackets, and its Overton vs Franklin in round 1. Most of us have seen this match-up before in round 1... Here we go.

This one will be a good one. Most will probably pick Franklin but I think Overton will give the Rebels all they want. I think both teams will be ready and both have solid offenses and defenses. For Franklin Lee and Ford have to play well and run well which could be hard against Overton's defense. The passing game had better be on because Overton's secondary is pretty good. For Overton they have to stay healthy and make the big play. Tez H. has to play solid and hit the holes. Dobbs has to be on target and make wise decisions. The defense for Overton has to be able to stop the two backs from Franklin and not give up the cheap plays. I think this one will be close, I'll say Overton wins 21-20.

This one may come down to the QB position...................if so; win will go to Overton. The Overton QB is excellent and can make plays.

This one may come down to the QB position...................if so; win will go to Overton. The Overton QB is excellent and can make plays.

I agree...it MAY come down to the QB....But Kuivenen has impressed me the last few games...adv Franklin....GAME OVER!!!!

I agree...it MAY come down to the QB....But Kuivenen has impressed me the last few games...adv Franklin....GAME OVER!!!!

I think it comes down to Franklins defense against Tez H. and the Overton front line. If Tez can run well Overton will win. If Franklin's defense can shut the run it will be a long night for the bobcats. Overton's QB Dobbs is pretty good but I dont think he will handle the pressure too well. I hope I am wrong. Still say its a close one probably 21-20.

The best athlete on the field is #5 Hampton for Overton. Franklin has NO one that can run with him!! While they will be trying to throttle big Tez...................#5 will be lurking with a big play or two. Overton is a good solid football team. I will not be surprised if they beat Franklin :roflol:

Franklin's #4 and #5 are not too shabby...Franklin has been there before

I like the Rebels by 14

The best athlete on the field is #5 Hampton for Overton. Franklin has NO one that can run with him!! While they will be trying to throttle big Tez...................#5 will be lurking with a big play or two. Overton is a good solid football team. I will not be surprised if they beat Franklin :roflolk:

Agree 100 percent. Scary thing is they are both juniors and will be back!

Overton's strengths:

-- Overall defense, especially against the run up the middle and pass defense.

-- Overall weakeness is that they can't hit a FG longer than about 35 and are vulnerable to speed RBs that can get out on the edge.

Don't know much about Franklin's, offense. Looks like they have a good run defense and that is vs Overton's strength, rushing.

Tell me about Franklin's offense.