BGA MBA PRT II

freesafety15

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA will want revenge on BGA for ruining their homecoming which should give MBA some motivation to want to go out on their home field in a first round playoff and crush BGA. BGA on the other hand I feel will be up to the challenge like earlier this year and come out with the fire of a wildcat and beat MBA once again at their field

Since the last BGA game MBA has played better. They beat FR and JPII, they lost to a very talented BA team, but with the exception of a couple of big plays (I know you can't allow those and be great team) played them pretty evenly. MBA has gotten some injured players back which has helped as well. I think BGA will see a different MBA team then the one they saw last month. This team also has a great group of Seniors and I expect they will not lose the last home game of their careers.

Going to be a great game. Boils down to whether BGA can stack the box and stop MBA from running the ball as they did last time and if MBA can shut down Michael Moore from BGA. Last game Moore ran for 284 yards while Lassig from MBA had 94. If MBA can throw, BGA may be in trouble. That said, Soph QB CJ Bethard for BGA has gotten better every game since he took the starting job and he has some weapons on the outside if Moore is shut down. All in all should be a great, and close game!!

WOW! I did not see this game but the score makes it sound like MBA really showed up. Is this just a good MBA team showing up against a poor BGA team OR is this MBA team on a roll and ready to take Ensworth to the wire?

I would caution the MBA faithful to not celebrate this victory too much! It was a very solid win, no doubt---but not a surprise to me at all--and it was just what MBA should have done to a team that has made strides this year, but is still a LONG way from being a factor in Div II.

WOW! I did not see this game but the score makes it sound like MBA really showed up. Is this just a good MBA team showing up against a poor BGA team OR is this MBA team on a roll and ready to take Ensworth to the wire?

I think MBA team played to its potential. On their day, they're a pretty good team with a lot of good athletes and a couple of football players, all of whom give a good effort. They should be 9-2 right now: there's no excuse for the loss to Independence or BGA.

Ensworth is a major atep above MBA right now. If MBA were to win next week, it would rank as one of the great upsets in MBA history, probably on par with the MBA wins over Overton in '75 and '77.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Deja vu all over again, 7 yrs apart. SMDH Does anybody talk to each other?
    • OK, well, that’s because two quarterbacks can’t start. That’s football 101. The main quarterback won the starting job, so he was on varsity, and the Seymour transfer did not win the starting job. He played some varsity. He was mainly junior varsity, and he balled out when healthy, so for the starting quarterback who’s been starting varsity since his freshman year, if you have any form of proof that he’s gotten worse, somehow, whether that means stats or whatnot, please feel free to share.
    • They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.