BIG 8

wkktnvolsfan

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

every year some one always trying to get a highschool coach fired most of the time it is a parent of little Johnny or Little Sally. i've been thru this years ago at a Highschool i'm not going to say but the intials are D.B. where a group of parents got together and tried to get the coach fired even after the team went to the semifinals of the state 2 years in a row not going to say which team, but my daughter and her friends went in double over time and got beat by Shelbyville ranked in the nation. the parent stilled whinned the next year because the "coach couldn't coach" one parent went on the floor and he even pushed the Lady coach at a game, after that it was bad , the coach took had taken all she could take and resigned , the parents got what they wanted a man coach (i think is a good guy) the school hasn't been no where near the state after Mrs. Fowler left. people just need the players play the coaches coach and the parents and fans keep their **** in the stands and cheer

every year some one always trying to get a highschool coach fired most of the time it is a parent of little Johnny or Little Sally. i've been thru this years ago at a Highschool i'm not going to say but the intials are D.B. where a group of parents got together and tried to get the coach fired even after the team went to the semifinals of the state 2 years in a row not going to say which team, but my daughter and her friends went in double over time and got beat by Shelbyville ranked in the nation. the parent stilled whinned the next year because the "coach couldn't coach" one parent went on the floor and he even pushed the Lady coach at a game, after that it was bad , the coach took had taken all she could take and resigned , the parents got what they wanted a man coach (i think is a good guy) the school hasn't been no where near the state after Mrs. Fowler left. people just need the players play the coaches coach and the parents and fans keep their **** in the stands and cheer

Bill, are you saying we should hire Mrs Fowler?

no Scott , she coaching swimming won the state . she is over with basketball. i'm saying you better keep what you've got ,you could end up a L.Kiffen

no Scott , she coaching swimming won the state . she is over with basketball. i'm saying you better keep what you've got ,you could end up a L.Kiffen

I hear you. How are you feeling these days? All healed up?

Tonights the big one. . . Dobyns Bennet and Daniel Boone for the "ship". Boone is young with only one Senior that acutally doesnt start but plays alot. They play alot of Juniors and a freshman and they have gotten better as the year has progressed. the other DB is always tough. year in year out. Should be a close game and Ill be looking for 2 great games tonight at Crockett. Good luck to all teams and i hope all are injury free. my pick. . . D. Bennet:62 D. Boone:66 "Full Eyes, Clear Hearts, Cant Lose" ;)

Scott , Terry Hutson is a good guy but he isn't the best coach, Pendleton is a good coach and a great person, I've watch basketball for years around here. and South doesn't not have the talent that D.B. ,Johnson City or even Tenn. High has. how many times has South beat D.B. twice in a year ,i know Pendleton has done at least twice . South has never been a baskeball power and never will. to many of the players have to play 2 or 3 sports . they win in middle school but by the time they get jr. & sr most are wore out. and them sometimes D.B. gets a couple of the better players. so don't start that stuff again this year using those code words about firing the coach , a lot of local school would be glad to have Coach Pendleton, a class act all the way. pretty bad when a D.B. fan has to take up for a South coach , but i'm on the outside and can see things, not from a south fan or parent perspective but from a Basketball fan perspective

Glad to see you feeling better. I hope you've healed well. Now, I agree that South isn't going to be a power year in and year out. South has had some very good basketball teams in the past though. Maybe you've forgotten. You are correct, more times than not, D-B and SH are going to be the teams to beat. I'm not expecting to win the Big 8 every year. I do however expect improvement from seaons start to finish. That never happens though. One question and I'll drop the subject, who was tabbed as preseason favorites by every coach in the Big 8? If Morgan had South's team this year, they would have won the Big 8.

County schools occasionally come up big in local play . Central won district in '06 and Boone goes for same tonight.I will agree though that no local school including D-B or Science Hill will be a powerhouse in basketball anymore. Memphis and Knoxville have locked it down.

South can however become a local powerhouse just like East has when they are reclassified in 2A.

Scott, please fill me in on some of the code talk for coaching changes etmf is referring to. I didn't realize such code existed. ;)

Scott , Terry Hutson is a good guy but he isn't the best coach, Pendleton is a good coach and a great person, I've watch basketball for years around here. and South doesn't not have the talent that D.B. ,Johnson City or even Tenn. High has. how many times has South beat D.B. twice in a year ,i know Pendleton has done at least twice . South has never been a baskeball power and never will. to many of the players have to play 2 or 3 sports . they win in middle school but by the time they get jr. & sr most are wore out. and them sometimes D.B. gets a couple of the better players. so don't start that stuff again this year using those code words about firing the coach , a lot of local school would be glad to have Coach Pendleton, a class act all the way. pretty bad when a D.B. fan has to take up for a South coach , but i'm on the outside and can see things, not from a south fan or parent perspective but from a Basketball fan perspective

Glad to see you feeling better. I hope you've healed well. Now, I agree that South isn't going to be a power year in and year out. South has had some very good basketball teams in the past though. Maybe you've forgotten. You are correct, more times than not, D-B and SH are going to be the teams to beat. I'm not expecting to win the Big 8 every year. I do however expect improvement from seaons start to finish. That never happens though. One question and I'll drop the subject, who was tabbed as preseason favorites by every coach in the Big 8? If Morgan had South's team this year, they would have won the Big 8.

County schools occasionally come up big in local play . Central won district in '06 and Boone goes for same tonight.I will agree though that no local school including D-B or Science Hill will be a powerhouse in basketball anymore. Memphis and Knoxville have locked it down.

South can however become a local powerhouse just like East has when they are reclassified in 2A.

Scott, please fill me in on some of the code talk for coaching changes etmf is referring to. I didn't realize such code existed. ;)

CD, if me or etmf told you, we'd have to shoot you! But, I might be bribed into it with 20 or so Shack hot wings! :D

Tonights the big one. . . Dobyns Bennet and Daniel Boone for the "ship". Boone is young with only one Senior that acutally doesnt start but plays alot. They play alot of Juniors and a freshman and they have gotten better as the year has progressed. the other DB is always tough. year in year out. Should be a close game and Ill be looking for 2 great games tonight at Crockett. Good luck to all teams and i hope all are injury free. my pick. . . D. Bennet:62 D. Boone:66 "Full Eyes, Clear Hearts, Cant Lose" ;)

So anyone hear the final of this game?