Big Games in Memphis ... Week 11 (1st Rnd Playoffs)

kwc

I just can't make you happy can I GoChiefs! I start by saying LCHS will win and you don't like that. Then I say Craigmont will win and you don't like that either. One more try, This game will end in a tie after 10 overtimes and both teams will advance for another game! I am really scared to say what the score will be. Do you think a low tied score of a high tied score? I will let you say. Have a safe trip over Friday and watch the road construction between Hardin County and Wayne County!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going with Lawrence county in a close one, Melrose in a thumping, Mitchell in a clsoe game, and Ridgeway in a get healthy and happy game against a Hardin County team that can not match up with Ridgeway, Hardin County, may not get a first down, they are soft and slow. Ridgeway is way to fast for them, the only thing Hardin County has inits favor is a long bus ride for Ridgeway. With that being said, Good luck to all involved for a dry Friday night.

I am going with Lawrence county in a close one, Melrose in a thumping, Mitchell in a clsoe game, and Ridgeway in a get healthy and happy game against a Hardin County team that can not match up with Ridgeway, Hardin County, may not get a first down, they are soft and slow. Ridgeway is way to fast for them, the only thing Hardin County has inits favor is a long bus ride for Ridgeway. With that being said, Good luck to all involved for a dry Friday night.

Ok........very honest opinion! Here is my honest opinion also. I hope this doesn't make some bulletin board as motivation because I am only a football fan and honestly don't know much about any of these teams except Lawrence County and Hardin County. I have seen LCHS play several times this year and also made the trip over to watch the Hardin County game a couple weeks back. Here goes, I think Lawrence County wins this game. I hope this doesn't hurt you too bad GoChiefs and I am being serious. Yes, Craigmont did stop a Millington team that runs the same style offense but I honestly am not sure Millington runs it as good as LCHS. This we all will be able to tell Friday. Both teams appear to have solid defense and run to the ball very well. Is Craigmont a #8 seed, yes but if they beat Bartlett like they should have then they would have probably been a #3 seed, so this will be the closest and best #1 vs #8 game in the state. I would have to say Melrose wins their game but not in a thumping. I feel like this will be a good game. Bartlett played extremely well last week and beat a very good football team and should be on a high. Mitchell wins their game and goes into cruise control the second half of this game. I am not saying a blowout but even with Gibson out they should be able to take care of business. Hardin County loses a close one here. Even with their QB back I am not sure they will match up against the speed of Ridgeway. Hardin County got completely worn down when they played LCHS and the second half was all Lawrence County due to the fact they are not deep enough and was a tired football team. I would have loved to have seen the Hardin/Jackson NS game to have been able to make a better prediction. One thing is for sure, this quad will have some great games.

Man my buddies at work been telling me bout this site so i thought i would get on here and see what you guys been talking about.....i am a huge high school football fan...mostly follow the t-county teams...that means tipton county...it gets sort of cutthroat on here doesnt it.....anyways i am gonna give my picks little later...aint supposed to be on the computer to long here at work....this is the hick signign off!

Man my buddies at work been telling me bout this site so i thought i would get on here and see what you guys been talking about.....i am a huge high school football fan...mostly follow the t-county teams...that means tipton county...it gets sort of cutthroat on here doesnt it.....anyways i am gonna give my picks little later...aint supposed to be on the computer to long here at work....this is the hick signign off!

Lets hope your a Brighton fan and not a Munford fan!! However, I did hear the Munford band was going to some kind of Championship. :flower:

The hick is back!!! here are my picks...probably gonna ruffle some feathers but here we go...

hang on before i forget..this is about big games in memphis btu i think they are all big games at this point so lets not forget are otehr area teams

Ridgeway

melrose

white station

riverside

humboldt

westview

liberty

fairley

crockett co

sheffield

independence

whitehaven

millington

brighton

craigmont

mitchell

briarcrest

baylor'

mus

cbhs

sbec

dca

fayette ac

st georges

there ya go..would go into some expert analysis but im tired of typing

The hick is back!!! here are my picks...probably gonna ruffle some feathers but here we go...

hang on before i forget..this is about big games in memphis btu i think they are all big games at this point so lets not forget are otehr area teams

Ridgeway

melrose

white station

riverside

humboldt

westview

liberty

fairley

crockett co

sheffield

independence

whitehaven

millington

brighton

craigmont

mitchell

briarcrest

baylor'

mus

cbhs

sbec

dca

fayette ac

st georges

there ya go..would go into some expert analysis but im tired of typing

Man, why Independence, I believe Arlington will win this one?

:thumb:

Here we go Memphis high school football fans. Below are the 5A and 6A brackets for Quad 4 and the game involving Arlington in Quad 3. Go ahead and try to pick the games. My picks will be below:

5A (Quad 4)

#1 Lawrence Co. (8-2) (H)

#8 Craigmont (7-3)

#4 Jackson Northside (7-3) (H)

#5 Mitchell (7-3)

#3 Melrose (6-4) (H)

#6 Barlett (4-6)

#7 Ridgeway (4-6)

#2 Hardin Co. (8-2) (H)

6A (Quad 3)

#1 Arlington (10-0) (H)

#8 Independence (6-4)

6A (Quad 4)

#1 Germantown (9-1) (H)

#7 Whitehaven (8-2)

#5 Millington (5-5)

#4 Wooddale (8-2) (H)

#3 Brighton (8-2) (H)

#6 Kirby (5-5)

#8 Cordova (6-4)

#2 White Station (8-2) (H)

My picks:

5A:

Craigmont over LC ................... 17-13

Mitchel over JNS ..................... 21-14

Melrose over Bartlett ............... 28-7

Ridgeway over HC ................... 21-17

6A:

Arlington over Independence ..... 14-7

Whitehaven over G-Town .......... 24-13

Wooddale over Millington ........... 21-7

Kirby over Brighton ................... 28-24

White Station over Cordova ....... 35-10

OK guys ... you pick.

My picks:

LC- 28

Craigmont- 13

Jackson Northside- 20

Mitchell- 27

Melrose- 28

Bartlett- 13

Hardin Co- 14

Ridgeway- 7

Arlington- 23

Independence- 10

Germantown- 28

Whitehaven- 23

Millington- 20

Woodale- 26

Brighton- 24

Kirby- 13

Cordova- 20

White Station- 34

Here we go Memphis high school football fans. Below are the 5A and 6A brackets for Quad 4 and the game involving Arlington in Quad 3. Go ahead and try to pick the games. My picks will be below:

5A (Quad 4)

#1 Lawrence Co. (8-2) (H)

#8 Craigmont (7-3)

#4 Jackson Northside (7-3) (H)

#5 Mitchell (7-3)

#3 Melrose (6-4) (H)

#6 Barlett (4-6)

#7 Ridgeway (4-6)

#2 Hardin Co. (8-2) (H)

6A (Quad 3)

#1 Arlington (10-0) (H)

#8 Independence (6-4)

6A (Quad 4)

#1 Germantown (9-1) (H)

#7 Whitehaven (8-2)

#5 Millington (5-5)

#4 Wooddale (8-2) (H)

#3 Brighton (8-2) (H)

#6 Kirby (5-5)

#8 Cordova (6-4)

#2 White Station (8-2) (H)

My picks:

5A:

Craigmont over LC ................... 17-13

Mitchel over JNS ..................... 21-14

Melrose over Bartlett ............... 28-7

Ridgeway over HC ................... 21-17

6A:

Arlington over Independence ..... 14-7

Whitehaven over G-Town .......... 24-13

Wooddale over Millington ........... 21-7

Kirby over Brighton ................... 28-24

White Station over Cordova ....... 35-10

OK guys ... you pick.

My picks:

LC- 28

Craigmont- 13

Jackson Northside- 20

Mitchell- 27

Melrose- 28

Bartlett- 13

Hardin Co- 14

Ridgeway- 7

Arlington- 23

Independence- 10

Germantown- 28

Whitehaven- 23

Millington- 20

Woodale- 26

Brighton- 24

Kirby- 13

Cordova- 20

White Station- 34

I hope Millington scores 20 points because if they do , they win.

Jason Smith's First-Round Playoff Glance

Class 6A

Independence (6-4) at Arlington (10-0)

Story lines: Arlington is making its second playoff appearance in the program's three seasons after a 1-9 campaign in 2008. Tigers senior QB Adam Poole has passed for 1,827 yards and 25 TDs. Eagles senior QB Alex Heckman (1,294 total yards) scored the winning touchdown two years ago against Millington in the Class 5A semifinals.

Whitehaven (8-2) at Germantown (9-1)

Story lines: A wild-card qualifier, Whitehaven faces a District 15-AAA champion Germantown team that ended the Tigers' season last year with a 21-20 overtime win at Whitehaven in the second round of the Class 5A playoffs. Senior RB Sirgregory Thornton (1,422 rush yards, 16 TDs) leads the top-seeded Red Devils, winners of nine straight.

Cordova (6-4) vs. White Station (9-1) at Fairgrounds

Story lines: Cordova hasn't advanced past the first round of the playoffs in six consecutive appearances since 2003. White Station senior QB Anthony Hayes has accounted for 2,217 total yards and 28 TDs in his only season under center. The Spartans advanced to last year's Class 5A semifinals before falling, 35-18, at Franklin.

Kirby (5-5) at Brighton (8-2)

Story lines: Brighton finished 9-1 in the regular season last year before losing, 35-7, to Melrose in the first round of the Class 4A playoffs. The Cardinals have won six of seven since losing to Cordova in Week 2. Kirby is making its first playoff appearance since 1999 and just its fourth overall. Senior WR Fred Plummer (5-10, 185) is the Cougars' top playmaker.

Millington (5-5) vs. Wooddale (8-2) at Kirby

Story lines: Wooddale sophomore RB Jovon Robinson (6-1, 180) has rushed for 1,461 yards and 19 TDs for the Cardinals, who went winless in 2008. Wooddale last made the playoffs in 2006, advancing to the Class 5A quarterfinals. Millington has dropped three of its last five games after going undefeated in the regular season in 2007 and '08.

Class 5A

Bartlett (4-6) at Melrose (6-4)

Story lines: Bartlett senior RB Willie Matthews (5-10, 176) has rushed for a school-record 1,698 yards and 16 TDs. The Panthers are making their first playoff appearance since 2004. Sophomore QB Will Gross (1,936 pass yards, 23 TDs) leads Melrose, which has scored 26 or more points in seven of 10 games.

Mitchell (7-3) at Jackson North Side (7-3)

Story lines: Last year's Class 3A state runner-up, Mitchell is 7-2 in playoff games over the past two seasons. Tigers senior QB Robert Redmond has passed for 1,657 yards and 23 TDs. Jackson North Side hasn't won a playoff game since 2000, when it knocked off Fairley in the first round of the Class 4A playoffs.

Craigmont (7-3) at Lawrence County (8-2)

Story lines: Senior RB Harry Douglas (837 yds., 12 TDs) helps power a Lawrence County rushing attack that's rolled up a monstrous 2,947 yards this season. Craigmont junior twins Kirk and Kurtis McFerren have combined to rush for more than 1,000 yards and 10 TDs. The Chiefs' defense has allowed just 190 yards per game.

Ridgeway (4-6) at Hardin County (8-2)

Story lines: Ridgeway is making its 17th consecutive playoff appearance, though the Roadrunners have lost in the first round in each of the past two seasons. Only Wooddale and Kirby allowed fewer points in District 15-AAA play this season than Ridgeway (116). Hardin County is in search of its first playoff victory since 2003.

Lawrence Co. 21 Craigmont 14

Jackson Northside 13 Mitchell 34

Melrose 30 Barlett 17

Ridgeway 20 Hardin Co. 21

Arlington 14 Independence 28

Germantown 17 Whitehaven 20

Millington 7 Wooddale 16

Brighton 21 Kirby 26

Cordova 10 White Station 42

I think White Station could make it to state, but a west team hasn't made it past the semi's since Germantown won it all in 03'.

Results...

Lawrence Co. 12 , Craigmont 7

Mitchell 54 , Jackson Northside 13

Melrose 39 , Bartlett 8

Hardin County 21 , Ridgeway 20

Independence 23 , Arlington 16

Whitehaven 28 , Germantown 7

Wooddale 19 , Millington 17

Kirby 49 , Brighton 21

White Station 42 , Cordova 7