what are your picks for 11aa baseball

imhere

I think your wrong there imhere I think Hooper and Donaldson could both be counted has aces. True they dont have the velo that foriest has. They were both low to mid 80's last year. Heard Hoopers velo has spiked to around 87 during the summer. Heard that from a parent on his summer balls team. Not sure wat it is now but should increase more b4 season. And also heard donaldson was around 85. Hooper showed alot of good offspeed stuff 2 along with donaldson. Wich foreist didn't show any of and again i can go back to the head to head btw foriest and hooper. 3-0.

But we will have plenty of time to debate this still a long way away from the season..

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you cant have 2 aces so i dnt think i am wrong since you just said yal both could be counted as aces? but josh also pitched in some of the biggest games creekwood had like sycamore and the district championship but thats beside the point creekwood just dont have an ace and i dont know so maybe someone can answer this what were josh, hooper, and donaldsons records last yr?

creekswoods josh cox had the best record 4-1 and 3 no decisions which included the the district champonship game. his only lose came from harpeth from multiple errors on defense and some control issues that game.he also got got the best pitcher award.and he throws the slowest of the three go figure that one. hooper was right behind cox and docs record was not very good.so who is the ace? I say whichever one is on the hump lol..

yea i agree basicly cw has no ace but 3 realy good pitchers as harpeth and wav just 1 good pitcher.. and i also agree with its a lot about pitchers this yr cause cw lost every stick accept ellis which is there best hitter but its hard 2 win if your the only one that can hit cw has 2 score runs about 2 or 3 runs a game and i think they will be fine...

I wouldn't say that Harpeth has only one pitcher. The Indians have more pitching than they've had in years including Devon Presley and Jess Morris, two sophomores who started in district games last year. If I remember correctly, Presley only had one district loss and beat Sycamore and Creekwood. Morris is another lefty, Marlin, Moffatt, Isbell, Brandon Foriest and Seagraves will have roles on the staff as well as freshmen Davis, Baker, Newton and Hurt. It will be interesting to see what roles these guys fill on the pitching staff. Lot of arms. Probably 5 or 6 that throw in the low 80's.

I wouldn't say that Harpeth has only one pitcher. The Indians have more pitching than they've had in years including Devon Presley and Jess Morris, two sophomores who started in district games last year. If I remember correctly, Presley only had one district loss and beat Sycamore and Creekwood. Morris is another lefty, Marlin, Moffatt, Isbell and Seagraves will have roles on the staff as well as freshmen Davis, Baker, Newton and Hurt. It will be interesting to see what roles these guys fil

ll on the pitching staff. Lot of arms. Probably 5 or 6 that throw in the low 80's.

You can add Brandon Foriest to the list as well. Looks like harpeth has 8 or 9 guys that can pitch. These are guys that can win games, not guys that we must throw in because we dont have anyone else. Hope we have a lot of JV games so that all those arms can stay strong. The next 3 or 4 years should be good ones for Harpeth Baseball.

You must have posted while I was editing funtoplay! I added Brandon to that list last night. Lots of arms for Harpeth this year for sure and I know I'm not including all the freshmen that can pitch and I'm not sure I've included all of the sophomores. A good JV program is only going to develop the pitching.

Cox 4-1 2.92

Donaldson 1-4-1 2.82

Hooper 6-4 2.54

My bad for leaving Cox out. He did win the pitcher of the year on the team, but hooper was the only pitcher for cw to go all District. They both had big wins. What were there district records. And didnt hooper get real sick during the season last year. forgot what he had but i think he lost 3 straight after starting 4-0. And combined only about 3 innings in those games. What was it he had?

Donaldson was alot better than his record showed, no run support and errors mostly but showed great potential as a closer late in the year.