what are your picks for 11aa baseball

imhere

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hear camden isnt all that great but you never no what wil happen.. the best teams are harpeth cw and wav but wav wil only be a threat when purcell pitcehs not to good when he isnt on the mound.. harpeth has a lot of talent so does cw. cw only returns 1 starting player from last yr there short stop alex ellis prob was there best player and return all pitchers very young.... im lloking for a great game between harpeth and creekwood....

Cheatham's football & basketball teams were really young this year and the baseball team is also a work in progress but I do have to say that the baseball team did get better last year and I look for them to be much more competitive because last year was when all of the freshmen played on the diamond for the Cubs. Coach Finley will not be coaching baseball at Cheatham this year HOWEVER both Coach Boyd & Coach Chandler are back this year and they do return some key players. Also you have to note that Cheatham did sweep Fairview & beat Stewart County last year AND they were also competitive in both losses to Waverly (both 1 run contests) and they were also competitive in a loss to Montgomery Central. Those experiences will help the guys now that they are one year older and one year more developed as players. Coach Boyd has been in the school and a stable presence at the helm of the program is a good change for a baseball team that I think can be pretty darn good in 2011 & 2012 if everyone stays around. 2010 wll see some struggles against elite teams I am sure HOWEVER on the same note I am also sure that the Cubs baseball program will be improved and enjoy a great deal of success against the teams that they are comparable to as well.

I am putting the pressure on the guys tonight but I will go out on a limb and say Cheatham will finish 4th or 5th in the district this season and they'll also win a few games that you all say "how did that happen?" as the season progresses. Let's wait and see if I am right!!!!

Camden is going to be young with probably only two seniors on the team. Lots of arms that can throw strikes but have not had anybody step up to be dominant. Bright side is they have four or five juniors that have been playing a lot of games over the last two years. Three of them have started almost every game their freshman and soph years. If they can swing the bats they might surprise some people. This is Rick Sturdivant's second year as head coach after Matt stepped down. They played some very competitive ball at the end of the season last year. Beat Lexington during the season and in the tournament.

I'd call Purcell a crafty lefty. He can throw hard enough, but his curveball is his out pitch and he can usually hit his spots. Good control and stays out of trouble. He's a good pitcher, not just a hard thrower.

Hooper and Cox both started several games for Creek Wood last year. I don't know if they lost much in the pitching department. They'll be tough this year.