what are your picks for 11aa baseball

imhere

Hats off to Coach Clapper and Coach Parker for giving Harpeth a home away from home while things get straightened out in our county. The Rock is in great shape, but the roads getting to it are still pretty torn up. School board's not letting students on school property in the interim.

Thanks Creek Wood. :roflol:

Your welcome we all just hope that time will heal. All victims are in our prayers.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find myself reading this thread day after day in hopes that OpinionDad has made another post. I was excited to see that, not only did he make another post, it was equally ridiculous to those of his earlier statements. It should be pointed out yet again that, when you reach the high school level in sports, it is no longer about everybody getting equal playing time and playing for fun... Mandatory or not, if "Little Johnny" doesn't play summer ball he is only hurting himself and his chances of being a contributor on his team. If he is the only one not trying to improve their game over the summer, he will undoubtedly find himself a team cheerleader and passing out water and sunflower seeds from the dugout. $250 is reasonable and if your family has a problem with the financial part of the situation, most coaches will work with the student/athletes and their parents on these matters so this should not be an excuse. To touch on the commitment aspect of this.... Winners, both individually and team, must have a certain level of commitment. It usually works out that those who are most committed are most successful... If you are not interested in your child being a winner, then competitive sports is probably not for you and your child. This isn't the Bellevue rec league where they don't keep score. At this point in your child's career, score does matter and wins and losses are a reflection of their coach. Your coach is a winner. He drives an hour both ways each day to try to improve your child as a player. You just sound like an unappreciative whiney dork when you make comments like this. My hope for your child is that he is learning more about baseball and life from his coach than he is from you.

I'm wondering if this is your first rodeo Opinion Dad.

It will cost $50-$75 to outfit a player with 2 jerseys, caps, pants etc.

Let's say 15 home dates where we pay 2 umpires $100 to call the game is another $75 a kid +/-. No gate.

Entry fees into 3 touraments at $300 would be another $45.

Baseballs are $4-$5 each. They don't spontaneously reproduce when they're in those boxes. We'll go through a half dozen minimum per game. Add $20-$25 to your summer fee just for baseballs.

I'm at $190-$220 already. I mean, we could work $5000 worth of fundraisers if that's what you want to do.

Mine has played travel ball from age 13 on up every summer and the cheapest we ever got out was $150 for a Legion team that had an American Legion hall as a benefactor. They're going up to $175 this year using last years uniforms. The other teams were around $300 a summer. Bellevue's rec teams aren't much different. The local Little League is about half the expense with half the uniform, half the number of games and no tournaments.

Summer ball is about getting better. You don't get better sitting at the house. The memo I got excused players for family vacations, work and other commitments. What do you want? As far as TSSAA goes, their manual is online at TSSAA.org. You can find the sports calendar which outlines the dates for strength and conditioning, open facilities and dead periods. You'll also find that most summer teams play during the dead period, the high school coaches just can't be there.

I can tell you that 30 something years ago when I played, it might not have cost as much, but we played summer ball after high school ball was done. We played between 50-60 summer games every summer. The commitment level is part of it and my opinion is that if you're not committed, now is the time to jump off the wagon.

Frasier had summer ball every year he was here. Remember those years when Harpeth was going to state? Yep. Summer ball and usually fall baseball too.

American Legion hall as a benefactor - Will no longer get that for Jr or Sr team.

Also American Legion baseball will no longer cover playe insurance so each team will have to buy insurance. One reason for the player fee increase.

Players who want to will use last years jerseys. All players will received new pants and hat.

Columbia Post 19 Baseball

American Legion hall as a benefactor - Will no longer get that for Jr or Sr team.

Also American Legion baseball will no longer cover playe insurance so each team will have to buy insurance. One reason for the player fee increase.

Players who want to will use last years jerseys. All players will received new pants and hat.

$200-$250 is not an unreasonable amount to pay for summer ball. Do you agree Willie?

$200-$250 is not an unreasonable amount to pay for summer ball. Do you agree Willie?

I think $250 is a great price. Most travel teams is $1000 to $ 1500

Can coaches make summer ball mandatory according to TSSAA? Harpeth has not had a summer team in years, if ever. Why is it mandatory now? This "commitment" thing is going too far!

and $250.00.

I guess I am missing something.

I would love to set down with you and have a resonable conversation about high school baseball. You are missing a ton in my opinion. Even though my son is graduating and moving on I want to see this program get better every year and playing year round is pretty much what a player as to do to get better let alone a team. These kids need as much playing time as they can get if they have any dreams of playing at he next level or even just competing for a starting position. Harpeth hasn't had a summer program since Frasier left because we haven't had a coach dedicated to the program till now.

If your child wants to play high school baseball and YOU don't want this kind of commitment, you should consider transferring him to another school that doesn't take baseball serious. Please call me lets talk parent to parent.

I think if you want to complain or bash you should start a new thread and let this one remain for what the topic calls for..just saying.. Anyone got the complete list of all district picks they can put up? And how does rain out affect games scheduled already for tomorrow? Good luck everbody..