SIGNAL MOUNTAIN AT CASCADE

yeahbuddy

this could be a good /hard to call,sm has not played any body much this year but they played sp closer than cascade

go champs

coach price had a hard time scheduling outside of district.

signal did play a lot of teams in higher classifications though, none of them were outstanding though.

but your right the south pitt game was a lot closer.

cascade did not have a tough tough schedule either though.

The SP was only closer by score. Look at total yardage and you will be mistaken.

umm....Really...? Is this how you compare teams?...by seeing who South Pittsburg beat the worst? By who gained the most yards against the Pirates?...really??

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C11 you played 4 teams with winning records and won just 1 of them. All the other teams you faced have loosing records. We played 4 teams with winning records and lost 1. Please don’t talk about how good someone was last year because several teams we played were better last year than they are this year, so how they did last year is irrelevant. And really don’t try to use how many of your opponents are in the playoffs, because if they can fog a mirror they can make the playoffs in this system. Currently District 9 vs District 6 you are 0-3. I hope after Friday we make it 0-5 with wins by South Pitt and us.

You know all if this means nothing just shows how people see things differently.

Curious did you ever talk to Coach Parker and if so what did he share with you????

Also, I found some humor in your earlier statement about watching the SP game film. Because talking to one of your people at the game he said something about the SP game, I asked how you did and he said ok they beat us 20 something to 30 something, clearly someone needs a reminder.

I think this will be a good game and hopefully it will have a great atmosphere. We are looking forward to our first visit to the stable.

SM would not of beat any of the three teams that beat us. SP, Jo Byrns, and Davidson Academy (before Williams got hurt) would kill SM in my opinion. As for the SP scores, let's determine your common sense level. South Pitt played us at home following a very close scare against Marion County the week before. From personal experience I know for a fact a team works harder and focuses more following a scare like that. Its called a reality check. Now, traveled to SM after a huge win over an opponent (us) that most, including SP, thought would give them a good game. SM was the preverbial "trap game". Now Mr. Eagle that's the last opponent comparison post I'll make. You can wear those "feel good" glasses for a few more days then we'll let the kids decide who the better team is. Have a safe trip over.

and be warned there band plays the entire game (except when cascade is on offense...)

The Coach can ask the official's to tell them to stop playing and if they don't while your on offense they can be flagged for a 15 yard penalty.. By the way Cascade band is worth the price of admission. I see a close game that could go a TD either way..

SM would not of beat any of the three teams that beat us. SP, Jo Byrns, and Davidson Academy (before Williams got hurt) would kill SM in my opinion. As for the SP scores, let's determine your common sense level. South Pitt played us at home following a very close scare against Marion County the week before. From personal experience I know for a fact a team works harder and focuses more following a scare like that. Its called a reality check. Now, traveled to SM after a huge win over an opponent (us) that most, including SP, thought would give them a good game. SM was the preverbial "trap game". Now Mr. Eagle that's the last opponent comparison post I'll make. You can wear those "feel good" glasses for a few more days then we'll let the kids decide who the better team is. Have a safe trip over.

My common sense level is extremely high and apparently higher that yours. I will qualify this by saying. It’s obvious we both lost to SP, but how can you say we would have lost against the other schools when you haven’t seen us play? Oh, common sense, right? There isn’t anyway I can say you would have won or lost against some of the teams we played, but I can say I think you would have beaten most given their record and yours. However, the only way to know for sure is to play the games.

I’m glad common opponents are out of the way and hopefully schedule comparisons that mean nothing are done too. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is both teams showing up Friday night and bringing their best games, as this is where the winner and looser will be decided.

Also, why do you think 100% of the SP people are pulling for you? It’s because they really dislike us, and probably dislike us more than any other team on their schedule. Funny thing is I wouldn’t pull against them in the playoffs because their in our district and their success makes our district stronger. I would love to see two state champions out of the same district, but I don’t think that will happen this year.

I don't thank SP dislike Marion,just they really want to beat yall, because everyone there knows each other,work together eat at the same places and so on................................ they dislike SM .

I think you are 100% correct and dislike might even be an understatement.

Old Pirate says here is the skinny fellers. SP would rather beat Jasper more than anyone else and the same goes for the warriors desire to beat the Pirates. Truth is most folkes jest don't like to git ear holed by kin. Nows as for them city fellers............yep that alone kinda gits under a country fellers skin. That aside OP says SM alienated most folkes with so much pre-season chatter when theys never done nothing. Great Grand Pappy would say to OP, "Ifin yous good other folkes will do enough bragging for yous." Now.....OP knows theys some SP folkes that do a right powerful amount of bragging, but the key they have a history and their success speaks loudly. Another point is the SM coach has that little man syndrom and most folkes love to beat him....regardless of who he coaches. Recon that goes a heep ways back long before the SM stop! OP ain't saying it's right or wrong, good or bad. Jest it is what it is.