SIGNAL MOUNTAIN AT CASCADE

yeahbuddy

Pedo, I'll pass along some info a friend gave me. Coy Sisk was helping because the normal DC has been out with an illness. He didn't know if the regular DC had been out the whole season or not. In the first half, Signal Mtn was running a 5-2 cover 3 which is what Coy runs. In the second half, they ran a man coverage with a 4 man front. According to the source, that is what they normally run. You can take that for what its worth. Another friend said a TSSAA Board of Control member asked him if another coach from a different school was coaching on the sidelines. I really don't know if its legal for that to take place per TSSAA rules. . I may go to a meeting at TSSAA Monday morning, and if I do, I'll try to find outIf the Vols go to a bowl game, maybe Lane Kiffen can get Houston Nutt to help the Vols on the sidelines. I do know that Tony Dungy gave the Rebels a pep talk last week at practice. Regardless of who was coaching what, it was a fantastic comeback by Cascade and ended a great first season of varsity play by Signal Mtn.

What did you find out at the meeting? I can't believe that the DC was fired at halftime after leading like they were. Very interesting!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedo, I'll pass along some info a friend gave me. Coy Sisk was helping because the normal DC has been out with an illness. He didn't know if the regular DC had been out the whole season or not. In the first half, Signal Mtn was running a 5-2 cover 3 which is what Coy runs. In the second half, they ran a man coverage with a 4 man front. According to the source, that is what they normally run. You can take that for what its worth. Another friend said a TSSAA Board of Control member asked him if another coach from a different school was coaching on the sidelines. I really don't know if its legal for that to take place per TSSAA rules. . I may go to a meeting at TSSAA Monday morning, and if I do, I'll try to find outIf the Vols go to a bowl game, maybe Lane Kiffen can get Houston Nutt to help the Vols on the sidelines. I do know that Tony Dungy gave the Rebels a pep talk last week at practice. Regardless of who was coaching what, it was a fantastic comeback by Cascade and ended a great first season of varsity play by Signal Mtn.

What did you find out at the meeting? I can't believe that the DC was fired at halftime after leading like they were. Very interesting!

According to the TSSAA, there was nothing illegal with a coach from another school being on the sidelines during a game helping the coaching staff. That was between the schools involved. As long as they are ok with it, so is the TSSAA. It has happened before.

everyone that is making comments about the coaching staff for signal,

im pretty sure the old defensive coordinator was dismissed for disrespecting the team, i will not specify the problem but coach price does not allow people to hurt the team even the other coaches, so they had to bring in more coaches.

Sorry for saying fired he was dismissed instead.