WAYNE COUNTY vs Collinwood...2nd round...2nd meeting

wildcatpride70

i think the rivalry is great but i dont think it has anything to do with anybody hating anybody. cwood has a great group of kids that i have watched play against our boys since they were 4 years old. the rivalry is simply in county bragging rights for a year. i know lots of boys from here that have some really good friends at cwood, and i think that makes the rivalry that much better.theres been years that i knew without a doubt cwood had the best team and that it would take a miracle for us to have won, but this year i feel that wc has the best team and i think they win 42 - 14. go cats !!!!!

if you've watched that much football and you are expecting to win this one by four tds then

you need to get your glasses changed cause it wont got down like that at all...sorry

The last game was closer than it should have been. WC had 1 TD called back and C'wood hit on that double pass that should have been picked off by A. Rice but slipped down at the last second. C'wood picked up big yardage on that play and scored on that drive. WC didn't run very much offense that game due to the field conditions and they didn't have to. C'wood couldn't stop WC on a wet field what makes you think that they can stop them on a dry field.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the rivalry is great but i dont think it has anything to do with anybody hating anybody. cwood has a great group of kids that i have watched play against our boys since they were 4 years old. the rivalry is simply in county bragging rights for a year. i know lots of boys from here that have some really good friends at cwood, and i think that makes the rivalry that much better.theres been years that i knew without a doubt cwood had the best team and that it would take a miracle for us to have won, but this year i feel that wc has the best team and i think they win 42 - 14. go cats !!!!!

if you've watched that much football and you are expecting to win this one by four tds then

you need to get your glasses changed cause it wont got down like that at all...sorry

The last game was closer than it should have been. WC had 1 TD called back and C'wood hit on that double pass that should have been picked off by A. Rice but slipped down at the last second. C'wood picked up big yardage on that play and scored on that drive. WC didn't run very much offense that game due to the field conditions and they didn't have to. C'wood couldn't stop WC on a wet field what makes you think that they can stop them on a dry field.

I agree with WCHSGRAD as bad as i hate to admit it. Cwood is just a little out gunned in this match up and will be for two more years. After that it will shift back to Cwood. If i was handicapping this game, I think WC is a 17.5 favorite. Anyone want any action. lol Don't forget there have been many upsets in football. ( Ask Florida about Ole Miss, Ask Michigan about Appalachain ST.) That is why the game is played. Lets Get It On!!!

With this rivalry game as good as it is with these 2 teams and not to add that this game is in the playoffs.....it makes this game BIGGER than its probably EVER been.....I mean how good does it get? Wayne County vs. Collinwood in the 2nd Round in the playoffs? Win or go home? It doesnt get much better than this folks! :shock::shock:

I agree with WCHSGRAD as bad as i hate to admit it. Cwood is just a little out gunned in this match up and will be for two more years. After that it will shift back to Cwood. If i was handicapping this game, I think WC is a 17.5 favorite. Anyone want any action. lol Don't forget there have been many upsets in football. ( Ask Florida about Ole Miss, Ask Michigan about Appalachain ST.) That is why the game is played. Lets Get It On!!!

Don't get me wrong here I know anything can happen. Until the game is played numbers & would have, could have, & should haves don't mean anything. Collinwood has nothing to loose so they can throw everthing (including the kitchen sink) at WC. WC has everything to loose here. Collinwood would love to beat WC in this game to bounce them out and end their perfect season.

Well here we go again. I think everybody knows that has been watching these 2 teams that cwood is a big underdog and that there is too much talent on the wc team. I figure around 39-6 but who knows. I do know that every Wayne Countian should be proud of the football that we have in this county. WC and Cwood relatively small and playing each other in the second round of the state playoffs is great for our counties athletics departments. Good luck and GO CATS :shock:

Don't get me wrong here I know anything can happen. Until the game is played numbers & would have, could have, & should haves don't mean anything. Collinwood has nothing to loose so they can throw everthing (including the kitchen sink) at WC. WC has everything to loose here. Collinwood would love to beat WC in this game to bounce them out and end their perfect season.

Hey man did you read that post about not wanting between #41 and the goal line??

I promise # 5 will not be scared to be in that position and I know another one that better not be scared or i will keep him home. lol

Hey man did you read that post about not wanting between #41 and the goal line??

I promise # 5 will not be scared to be in that position and I know another one that better not be scared or i will keep him home. lol

#41 knocked out a DB/FS from Cornersville.....he was out cold.....coughing up blood and went to the hospital with a concussion....

#41 knocked out a DB/FS from Cornersville.....he was out cold.....coughing up blood and went to the hospital with a concussion....

I hope and pray both schools leave injury free but anyone afraid of getting hurt or bleeding needs to buy a sax and join the band. I expect every player in Green and White to leave everything on the field!!

He was later life-flighted to Vanderbilt.

that's terrible :ph34r: does any one know how he is doing now? :roflol:

that's terrible :ph34r: does any one know how he is doing now? :roflol:

He only had a slight concussion...wasn't life-flighted....and played the next week at Collinwood.