#6 Gallatin (8-3) @ #1 Henry Co. (10-1)

Gtowner

Do you honestly believe that me telling stats and strengths of Henry County will give Gallatin an edge? Coaches know this. This is the playoffs. No frills anymore - Over 2 months of football have been played. All of the secrets and strengths and weaknesses are out of the bag. Gallatin has film of HC, just as HC has film of the Green Wave. Both teams have experience coaches who know better than to get scouting reports off of a website given by non-coaches. What I say will have no bearing on the outcome of the game.

Do I believe you telling stats and strengths of HC will give Gallatin an edge? YYYESSS I DO!!!! Do you see ANY other playoff team offering game stats, team stats, starting lineups, or injury reports on their threads?..NO!! I didn't say anything on earlier posts because I thot that a Patriot fan and poster would have more sense...furthermore...the novel you wrote in regards to our injured receiver was more than just "a little over the top"!! It's obvious that you have some good intel....and that's fine....what's not fine is the fact that you are reporting it on Coacht for the entire world to view! Let me ask you REDSWARM....would anyone at Springfield known that we had a young man enter the hospital Thursday night of last week had YOU not reported on Coacht?? Can you not tell that GWAVE1 is just bating you to add more of your info? It is true that we have film on Gallatin and they have film on us...this is true because the coaches actually meet and trade it out each Saturday morning! Then, coaches routinely call around to other coaching friends to see if they can obtain more film other than the usual 2 game films that are traded! Common sense tells you, the team with the most film and scouting reports on the other, tends to have an advantage.....TRUST ME when I say that COACHES searching the posts can tell the difference on here between a casual fan and an informed BLABBER MOUTH!! Just PLEASE cool it until FRIDAY!!! Go BIG RED!

I didn't write a mini-novel in regards to our injured WR, and I did not say a single thing about the player that entered the hospital. You can search my posts to confirm that.

They know who our players are, they know what our plays are. If I got on here reporting what we were focusing on in practice or what players we had in different roles then that would be a totally different subject, and I would be out of line.

I stand pat on my willingness to inform another casual fan on our scheme, playmakers, and stats, though.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here be mad at me:

QB Sims is 58 of 76 for 995 yards with 8 tds and 2 ints

McFerren has 170 att for 1182 yards and 18 tds

Sims has rushed 110 att for 658 yards and 7 tds

Finch has 31 for 286 yards

Ray has 35 for 226 yards

leading receiver is Fred Thorpe with 20 catches for 439 yards

Very potent offense and the defense is equally as tough

:popcorneater: HC will destroy the Green Wave!!! Too many weapons and from what I hear the WAVE is more like a ripple! Not very tough and or physical. The Red Machine will roll on!!! :hungry:

Again GWAVE1.....this guy DOES NOT know what he's talking about!....JunkYardDog is a STRANGE poster! NO Patriot fans feel this way!!

Looking at the stats from HC's season this looks like a game in which the 1st team to blink could be the one who doesn't advance. Gallatin will once again come into this game as an underdog. Hopefully Box will be back this week to help in the running game and at LB. HC seems to spread the passes out very well. Not sure how much losing the top WR will hurt them but I imagine they will have players to fill in nicely. Gallatin has been improving each week and winning games in a workman's like fashion. This will be a close game for sure.

Our WR that was lost for the year was had perhaps our surest hands and ran the best routes. # 6 is still a good wide reciever though, and is an excellent deep threat. # 2 also emerged Friday night as a threat - He's got great size at around 6' 2" or so and has long arms.

I just can't wait for Friday to get here.

REDSWARM....you are correct...it was NOT you...it was Patriot04 telling the world that the Patriots lost a starter to the hospital on Thursday evening!...again NOT the REDSWARM!!.......sorry for the mix up......keep SWARMING!!!

I will say that this will be a tough game for the Green Wave! Henry County is on a mission, and it showed on Friday against the Jackets. Those Patriots were hitting like crazy. I still think if the fumble for a TD, bobbled punt on the 2 yard line, and the strange muff punt rule the game would have been 28 to 14. However, that is in the past, and give Henry County all the credit in the world. That is a very good football team.

Can someone tell me what the rule is against a muff punt being returned? I recall three games that the Jackets muffed punts and teams returned the ball in those games without the ball being called dead at contact. The Jackets lost muff punts returned against Clarksville High, Greenbrier, and Northwest. The officials did not call those games dead, but in the game Friday 1 punt hit a Patriot in the back and was returned for a TD and the other hit a Patriot in the chest and it was also returned for a TD. Why did those two plays not count? Just wondering!

I think I can answer this one. I wondered the same thing at the game the other night and asked a current TSSAA official who was there (he doesn't call high school games currently because he has a son on the HC team). He said that the rules prohibit advancing a fumbled or muffed punt. I just called him about your post and he said if your post is accurate then the officials blew it. He doubts that you actually saw muffed punts returned in those three games because he said even the most inexperienced of football officials would know better and if not, someone on the crew would not let such an error occur.

Looking at the stats from HC's season this looks like a game in which the 1st team to blink could be the one who doesn't advance. Gallatin will once again come into this game as an underdog. Hopefully Box will be back this week to help in the running game and at LB. HC seems to spread the passes out very well. Not sure how much losing the top WR will hurt them but I imagine they will have players to fill in nicely. Gallatin has been improving each week and winning games in a workman's like fashion. This will be a close game for sure.

Our WR that was lost for the year was had perhaps our surest hands and ran the best routes. # 6 is still a good wide reciever though, and is an excellent deep threat. # 2 also emerged Friday night as a threat - He's got great size at around 6' 2" or so and has long arms.

I just can't wait for Friday to get here.

REDSWARM....you are correct...it was NOT you...it was Patriot04 telling the world that the Patriots lost a starter to the hospital on Thursday evening!...again NOT the REDSWARM!!.......sorry for the mix up......keep SWARMING!!!

Patriot04 is a strange poster. Is he the one who wrote the epic about the WR/DB? That is one of the most unusual posts in Coacht history.

Gallatin has many things against them this week. First is the drive to Paris. Man it is a trip, but if you can beat the distant trip then you face these issues. The defense is probably one of the best in the state. Those boys seem to get the job done. The offense is a machine with Shonte back in 100% healthy form. The coaches are working their tails off to prepare these boys for what should be a state final appearance. Last is that fan base. Gallatin let me tell you, they are both friend and foe. Most to many of the fans are the best people you will ever meet in your life. Then there are a select few that live in another world, and are rude with lack of sportsmanship. Granted, you get this where ever you go, but some of these Patriot fans take it over board. It is a shame, because the few that lack character make the whole seem to be rude and unworthy. I commend the true Patriot fans that show visitors a good time in a wonderful atmosphere. Those are the fans that travel with the team, and don't just show up to home games and declare their love for the team. So hats off to the true Patriot fans that gave the region opponents respect all year and through out the playoffs.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Knott's Landing closed? Matt's Pub on 79 serves fish and a variety of adult beverages. Ann and Dave's in Lakeway Village shopping center on the left as you are coming into Paris has good fish on their buffet. About 2 blocks farther toward town is the Fresh Market with a well rounded menu that includes fish. About 3/4 mile farther at the light where you turn to go to the stadium is The Hungry Wolf with excellent barbecue and fish.

GO BIG RED

Yes, indeed (sad to say)... Knott's Landing has shut its doors. A local icon has closed. And to whoever it was doggin' Trolingers evidently has not eaten there. It IS a very good local stop for Bar-b-q, sandwiches, etc.... but no fish! My suggestion is for Green Wave fans to join us for some good ol' tailgating food.

GO RED!!! :?:

HC 28 Gallatin 7

:lol: If stating facts is a strange poster, then guilty as charged! :?: Hendersonville shut out Gallatin and Northeast ended their season Friday night. So how can Gallatin pose a threat? The Pats rolled up NE as well and played a very average game for the Big Red. B) So, I stand by my prediction! HC in another laugher!! :?:

From what I have read it seems as though a tragedy had an impact on the Gallatin team on the day of the Hendersonville game. Henry County did not "roll up" NE. Our team was lucky to win. Gallatin will pose more than just a threat. The "laugher" is you and your post.

Do you honestly believe that me telling stats and strengths of Henry County will give Gallatin an edge? Coaches know this. This is the playoffs. No frills anymore - Over 2 months of football have been played. All of the secrets and strengths and weaknesses are out of the bag. Gallatin has film of HC, just as HC has film of the Green Wave. Both teams have experience coaches who know better than to get scouting reports off of a website given by non-coaches. What I say will have no bearing on the outcome of the game.

I can just tell you that while what you say on here will not determine the outcome of a game, speaking from the perspective of a retired former coach, I will bet you anything that your own coaches cringe when they read posts on here that talk about injuries, sickness, or other personnel issues.