#6 Gallatin (8-3) @ #1 Henry Co. (10-1)

Gtowner

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our WR that was lost for the year was had perhaps our surest hands and ran the best routes. # 6 is still a good wide reciever though, and is an excellent deep threat. # 2 also emerged Friday night as a threat - He's got great size at around 6' 2" or so and has long arms.

I just can't wait for Friday to get here.

Patriot04 is a strange poster. Is he the one who wrote the epic about the WR/DB? That is one of the most unusual posts in Coacht history.

No Realgame...Patriot04 was not guilty of writing the novel about the WR/DB...after going back and reviewing....I think I know who the author is and it would surprise no one!

JunkYardDog.....what Henry County/Northeast game did you watch? If you think we "rolled up" Northeast....you must have been watching game films from the early 1990s! We were fortunate to beat them and Beech...if they beat them this week will be fortunate as well! As for Gallatin being a laugher......they are the ones laughing at you!!!

Okay, Wave fans, we have the round one playoff monkey off our backs. Big "G" played a fantastic game against Northwest. This game Friday is huge and we need to leave "early" and get those bleachers rocking. Let's take the home field advantage away early. It's a good roadtrip, but for those of us who have been around, the '92 trip was very cold but very successful on the way to our 3RD state title. This needs to be reminiscent of playoff games of old, "Will the last person out of Gallatin, please turn off the lights?" For the younger, newer fans, this was the headline in the News Examiner the day we played for the State Championship against Redbank in 1978.

GREEN WAVE PRIDE NEEDS TO REIGN SUPREME THIS FRIDAY!!! Decorate those cars/trucks/vans and bring plenty of "noisemakers". Merchants throughout the City of Gallatin, let's get that Green & Gold on display and send our team off ready to do battle!!! GO WAVE!!! BEAT HENRY COUNTY!!!

Okay, Wave fans, we have the round one playoff monkey off our backs. Big "G" played a fantastic game against Northwest. This game Friday is huge and we need to leave "early" and get those bleachers rocking. Let's take the home field advantage away early. It's a good roadtrip, but for those of us who have been around, the '92 trip was very cold but very successful on the way to our 3RD state title. This needs to be reminiscent of playoff games of old, "Will the last person out of Gallatin, please turn off the lights?" For the younger, newer fans, this was the headline in the News Examiner the day we played for the State Championship against Redbank in 1978.

GREEN WAVE PRIDE NEEDS TO REIGN SUPREME THIS FRIDAY!!! Decorate those cars/trucks/vans and bring plenty of "noisemakers". Merchants throughout the City of Gallatin, let's get that Green & Gold on display and send our team off ready to do battle!!! GO WAVE!!! BEAT HENRY COUNTY!!!

I like the "last person turn out lights". This is the first time since 2005 since you guys got out Round One? I think this has the makings of good game to watch. I would suspect we will have plenty of out of towners in to watch. Our seating pretty much is available all around the field. Watch out for all the little kids playing ball between the concessions and visitors seating. They are not responsible if they hit you with a ball! :roflol:

GO PATS !!!!!!!!!!!

Henry Co. & Gallatin meeet in the playoffs for the first time in 17 years! The Pats are 0-4 all time against Gallatin and lost in the 1st round to the Green Wave in '86, '89, '90. The '92 semi-final game was an epic battle and was considered by many to be the title game. I for one have never seen Patriot Stadium as packed as it was that night. The crowd was bigger than any the last 3 years and if anyone on the board doesn't believe me ask some of the other posters who were there. Henry Co. had their chances that game but a couple of special teams miscues cost HC dearly. Is this the year HC finally pays Gallatin back for that loss?

It most certainly was not me that posted the long story about skylar. I did however mention najee. But only so people would pray for him. Which worked. He is out and didn't have to have surgery.

Realgame, why am I such a strange poster. It don't bother me I just wanna know why you think that.

And as for the game. I hope its the biggest crowd ever. I hope there is no standin room left. I hope it is a great game (with HC on top of course).

It most certainly was not me that posted the long story about skylar. I did however mention najee. But only so people would pray for him. Which worked. He is out and didn't have to have surgery.

Realgame, why am I such a strange poster. It don't bother me I just wanna know why you think that.

And as for the game. I hope its the biggest crowd ever. I hope there is no standin room left. I hope it is a great game (with HC on top of course).

Sorry about that. While I feel real bad about Skylar the epic post was a bit much in my estimation. I thought that to be your post. I apologize. I thought the epic to be a bit strange. I share your hopes about the crowd this week.

2 of my favorite coaches facing each other. Paris is a tough place to play. Gallatin will have to play their best game of the year.

Yes the Wave will definitely have to play above their heads!

Lots of talk this year about Henry Co and how this is the year. It may well be but at least Gallatin gets a shot at them. Looking forward to the long trip, hopefully can find some good catfish while I am up there.

GWAVE1....this indeed will be an unbelievable atmosphere...much like Henry Co., Gallatin loves their Green Wave and supports them no matter where they play! Gallatin doesn't have to prove anything in Paris...HC knows how storied your programs is...it is HC that has never beaten the Green Wave...therefore it is the Patriots that must play flawlessly!! I sincerely hope (and believe) that the Green Wave will bring their traditional large crowd and get here early to enjoy the pregame atmosphere! (Springfield must've thought it was a JV game judging by their crowd) Good luck and enjoy the ride!

I was there and it appeared to be a fairly decent sized crowd from Springfield. It being a home game for you guys, I thought there would be no empty seats on your side but I was wrong. Oh yeah, appreciate the shot at our fan base..... :thumb:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Knott's Landing closed? Matt's Pub on 79 serves fish and a variety of adult beverages. Ann and Dave's in Lakeway Village shopping center on the left as you are coming into Paris has good fish on their buffet. About 2 blocks farther toward town is the Fresh Market with a well rounded menu that includes fish. About 3/4 mile farther at the light where you turn to go to the stadium is The Hungry Wolf with excellent barbecue and fish.

GO BIG RED

Yes, indeed (sad to say)... Knott's Landing has shut its doors. A local icon has closed. And to whoever it was doggin' Trolingers evidently has not eaten there. It IS a very good local stop for Bar-b-q, sandwiches, etc.... but no fish! My suggestion is for Green Wave fans to join us for some good ol' tailgating food.

GO RED!!! :thumb:

HC 28 Gallatin 7

<---is whomever.

yes i have eaten there. the last time i did, i got food poisoning, so maybe i'm a bit biased.

:thumb: Beat NE 2 td's, and it appears NE is better than Gallatin so I stand by my post! :thumb: As my grandma would say the proof is in the pudding! :thumb: Remember this post after the game! :!: HC 35 GWAVE 12

You are a tool; you cant determine what is the better team by "duh, we beat that team and that team beat you, duh" so we will beat you easily. Teams match up differently w/ one another, that is why that does not work..... :thumb:

Case in point, last week of the season Clarksville NW beat Clarksville NE 17-14, Hendersonville beat Gallatin 31-0. Well in the 1st round of the play-offs, Gallatin beat Clarksville NW but Hendersonville lost to Clarksville NE. Like you said, proof is in the pudding..... :thumb:

Lots of talk this year about Henry Co and how this is the year. It may well be but at least Gallatin gets a shot at them. Looking forward to the long trip, hopefully can find some good catfish while I am up there.

GWAVE1....this indeed will be an unbelievable atmosphere...much like Henry Co., Gallatin loves their Green Wave and supports them no matter where they play! Gallatin doesn't have to prove anything in Paris...HC knows how storied your programs is...it is HC that has never beaten the Green Wave...therefore it is the Patriots that must play flawlessly!! I sincerely hope (and believe) that the Green Wave will bring their traditional large crowd and get here early to enjoy the pregame atmosphere! (Springfield must've thought it was a JV game judging by their crowd) Good luck and enjoy the ride!

I was there and it appeared to be a fairly decent sized crowd from Springfield. It being a home game for you guys, I thought there would be no empty seats on your side but I was wrong. Oh yeah, appreciate the shot at our fan base..... :thumb:

Our fans are spoiled real bad. They don't get too excited about playoffs anymore until round three when they think we have a real chance to lose (our fans don't want us to lose but they really want a competitive game is what I mean). Our success has them spoiled and the crowds are not great until round three. I think with Gallatin coming in here and the fact that they are 4-0 against us, the crowd will be huge this week. Your crowd was decent at best but I would expect your crowds to grow as your team improves. Good luck next year.

I seem to be a bit confused. A few posters are calling Gallatin weak, non-physical, not ready to play. A few people are predicting HC big in this game. Maybe I should just stay home this week and listen on the radio since we don't really have a chance to win much less put up a good game.

HC deserves respect and are very much getting it from the Gallatin faithful. Gallatin comes into the top ranked team in the states house and we understand our roll. If Gallatin is to have a chance to win they will have to out work, out play and out coach the best team in the state.

I really hope playing those playoff 6-A teams will pay off for Gallatin. Losing by 5 to Brentwood with 35 seconds left and a shootout to the high power offense that Mt. Juliet had.

I was there in 92' and watched the snap go over the punters head on the 1st series and held on for the 16-14 win. I still say that was the title game in 92' and I would think most Gallatin fans feel the same way. This game has all the setup of a game of that magnitude where the fans and players will be talking about this game 17 years from now as well. Most of the kids playing this week weren't even born the night that game was played. Save me a seat I'll be there again.