Lipscomb @ Giles Official Thread prediction

likearock

Been looking forward to this all season, It certainly looks to be a great game. There previous games have been nail biters, I see no reason this one won't be the same. Playing at Giles Co, in the playoffs for this battle will be first, It should be an advantage for them...maybe the one they have been needing the last few years.

Tell me what you think.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna savor the flavor of this victory then go to another level for the Mustangs. You can believe the BOBCATS will be ready. Now all we need is the fans to show up like they have all year and make some noise. I know the lipsters will bring those yellow milk jugs with the pintos in them. Been to every GCHS vs DL game for the past four years and I like every other GCHS fan are ready for a VICTORY!!

If you want to be da man, you got to beat da man. David Lipscomb is da man. EVERY Giles player, coach, and fan knew the road to Cookeville runs smack dab through DL. No one down here near the Bama border ever thought DL would not be there come playoff time. This is EXACTLY what everyone expected. Giles wouldn't want it any other way. Players, coaches or fans.

The Giles program has tremendous respect for DL but no longer are we in awe of them. For four years OC and his staff have slowly closed the gap and now we are equal. Equal in preparation, attitude, skills, conditioning, and swagger. Swagger is when you believe in yourself. Our young men believe. They believe they can make a play. They believe they can stop a play. There is a different attitude in their step. They got the swagger!

DL brings Coach Mac and his great coaching staff. If anyone out there believes OC is not one of the best coaches around, then check the win/loss records compiled by him. Add to that fact is the quality of his assistants and one will begin to understand something special is happening in Giles County. The championship game may be played in Cookeville but you will see two teams leave it ALL on the field this Friday night, under the lights, at the Brickyard! Cats. Be Da Man! :roflol:

Been looking forward to this all season, It certainly looks to be a great game. There previous games have been nail biters, I see no reason this one won't be the same. Playing at Giles Co, in the playoffs for this battle will be first, It should be an advantage for them...maybe the one they have been needing the last few years.

Tell me what you think.

Giles County !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Lipscomb and Giles County get together, there are always a few fireworks on the field. But they can't compare with what happens here on CoachT. The game is really secondary to the chat. People will forget scores in time. What happens on CoachT will remain forever. Afterall, this is where those in the know lurk. They will fill us in on what each team is thinking, what the fans are doing to prepare, how the first play of the 2nd quarter of the 2007 game impacts this year's matchup, how the pregame Scottish bagpipes of Coach McCadams vs. the Irish Tenor of Coach O'Conner will turn out and least importantly, exactly how the game will play out on the field.

So, forgot about game predictions. Let's get to the important stuff.

How many pages will the official thread (the one started by likearock) end up with by next Friday's kickoff? The closest guess will be awarded a year's worth of free meals (52 $10 coupons) at any participating Middle Tennessee Mrs. Winners location.

The tie breaker will be this: Guess the day and time when the official thread will be locked down.

I will start things off.

I am guessing that the official thread will reach 139 pages. It will be locked down on Wednesday Nov 11 at 7:27.35 p.m. CST.

Good luck to all.

Contest Rules

1. No purchase necessary to enter or win. One entry per household. Duplicate entries will be voided.

2. Contest begins Nov 7, 2009. Entries are due in by 4:27 A.M. CST on Nov 9, 2009.

3. Each contestant should print out their prediction, fill in their Name, Address and phone number, and sent it to the Federal Citizen Information Center in Pueblo, Colorado.

4. Completed entries may be submitted via mail, online, in person at CoachT National headquarters or handed to the cashier at the Hickory House in Pulaski.

5. The name of winner will be announced on ESPN College Game day by Lee Corso who will either don a bobcat mask or ride a mustang stick horse.

7. Employees of Mrs. Winners Corporation, CoachT forum moderators, or ESPN and their immediate families are not eligible to win.

8. Name, address and phone number must be included with entry.

9. Participation is limited to persons eighteen (18) or older. Residents of Arizona, Alaska, Alabama, Alcoa (shhhh-they think they are a state) and graduates of Cincinnati Moeller, Odessa Permian or T.C. Williams High School are not eligible.

10. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Taxes applicable to the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. The prize value, $520, will be reported to the IRS and is subject to taxation without representation.

11. The winner will be notified by telegram. Also, your name will be published on Monday, Nov 16 in the afternoon edition of the Nashville Banner.

12. Coupons will not be recognized by Church's Chicken. Void where prohibited. License number 349.

***Since the original prediction thread was combined by the moderators into the official thread, any contestants who try to manipulate the number of pages by frequent postings will be disqualified from winning the grand prize.

My goodness Ted that was a mouthful. You must be an early riser like myself. Since coacht apparently clipped the wings of one or some of our posting pigeons, the page count could climb over 200 with over 5000 views.

I wouldnt bet on it. :D

This will be another great battle.But then again who knows?Could be another blowout.

I wouldnt bet on that either.DL has somehow,someway,every year,found a way to win

these games.If GC is to get the win they must not make more than one mistake and that may

be too many.Giles gets an edge at home but Lipscomb gets an edge in never lossing to GC.

Both teams have it all,speed,talent,confidence,coaching,ect.ect.Who will it be?Could go either way.

Giles gets an edge in a better win/loss record,Lipscomb gets an edge in playing a tougher

schedule.Who will it be? :o

Finally I may see another decent football game. :D

Lets go Cats, but either way I will still pull for the winner.

I'm going with 23 pages. But just how far am I gonna have to drive to get to a Mrs Winners from Pulaski? Oh who cares it will be worth it .... I can savor a thread victory over DL and relish it once a week......I'm sure that would be worth the drive.

Another Awesome game last night by the Giles Co Offense....I think they were only stopped maybe 4 times. The Defense had a good night, let a long run or two get by and one......I don't know was that a trick punt play or what ... it looked as though CC was as confused as Giles. I'm sure we won't be letting that one happen again.

On another note, I hope the injured Chester Co player is doing much better this morning. Ya'll got some BIG boys over there....good luck in the future.

Now we can officially talk about ......a trip to the smokehouse and maybe taking someone to the woodshed while we are there. Lipscomb plans on adding to the GC economy(is ther somewhere to eat besides the smokehouse?), But it also comes at a price.Every parent is drinking plenty of Purity sweet acidophilis milk this week so they can have one for each hand. That way our moms can shake both their jugs, cheering there boys to victory! Rules for Jug Shaking: 1.Jugs must be shaken up and down. If shaken side to side, they may hit someone and noone wants to be hit with someone elses jugs. 2.Don't hit yourself in the face with your jugs...You could put an eye out or suffer a bad bruise with those things if shaken to hard. 3.It is not polite to stare at someone that is shaking their jugs. 4.Men should not shake their jugs. Although some are capable, it doesn't have the same effect(on the game) 5.Don't bring xtra large jugs to the game. No one should try to show anyone up! Keep it uniform. 6. Don't overfill your jugs. They are hard to shake if too full. 7. Dont shake your jugs when we are on offense. It is to distracting. Only shake them when we are on defense. 8.Although men should not shake theirs, it is ok to help a mom to shake hers. 9. Don't try to hide your jugs to sneak them into the game. They all know you have them. If you compress them to much,they get all dented and no one likes mis-shapen jugs at the game. 10.If you only have one,shake it any way. I have heard that some have 3 or even more and would gladly give you another one. Have fun and enjoy the week leading up to the game we knew would happen!