Dobyns-Bennett Football

King-of-Sport

I just seen the team photo on the DB website.On Allen's web page the coaches Grey shows up nice,but the way the sun is hitting them on the DB web page it is just a little to baby blue for me at 3:00 in the morning.I'll have to look again later,but I had to do a double take to see if it was our coaches with our players and just wondered if it had been doctored.I guess if that's the most I have to complain about this year,it will be a very good year.

Now I know why it looks like DB knows what South is going to do on every play.

Welcome to all the new DB posters.I hope we have a great ride this year pulling for the Tribe !!IM4DB,I'm not the best on this system and don't know how your on my friend list,but if your a die hard fan or parent and give respect to the locals,I guess that's fine.Besides,I don't know how to add or delete friends anyway.I'm one of the few that most know who I am when the mask is off.I go and support other schools and just love the game.I don't mind mixing it up with the other team fans or our own at times,but I allways try to be fair,even if I'm wrong or don't spell it right

Edited by BatmanDB

Welcome to all the new DB posters.I hope we have a great ride this year pulling for the Tribe !!IM4DB,I'm not the best on this system and don't know how your on my friend list,but if your a die hard fan or parent and give respect to the locals,I guess that's fine.Besides,I don't know how to add or delete friends anyway.I'm one of the few that most know who I am when the mask is off.I go and support other schools and just love the game.I don't mind mixing it up with the other team fans or our own at times,but I allways try to be fair,even if I'm wrong or don't spell it right

I Was Asking To Be Your Friend Like On Facebook I Thought,But I Guess If You Click On It, It Add's That Person As A Friend.Go To Your Profile Thats How You Add/Delete. And If Anybody Wants To Know Who I Am I'll Tell Them.But Unless Your From Eastern North Carolina I Don't Think You Will Know Me.If You Don't Want Me On There Let Me Know And I'll Take It Off?It Will Be All Good.Have A Good One

I went to the scrimmage, and I can file the following report.

I didn't get there until they had been going for about 30 minutes. It was my understanding that Central scored on a long run on their second play. DB scored on there first drive with No. 32 going in.

I arrived to see Steel catch a 70 +/- yd. pass from seabolt. Probably a 20-25 yd pass and Steel had his man beat. DB missed the XP.

Seabolt had a TD pass to Clark (at least I think it was Clark) from about the 10.

Backup QB for DB had a long run - maybe 70 yd for a TD later.

Central couldn't really get much going. DB made a few mistakes. Especially fumbles. Killed a few drives that way. Score was bout 4 - 1, I think. Could have been worse.

Both teams worked on punts, FGs and kickoffs for a while. DB blocked two punts and Steel blocked a FG. DB had a punt blocked. DB converted on a few FGs.

After that the back-ups came in. DB's back-ups moved the ball fairly well.

DB has nice talent in the backfield, and they are running the wing-t formation with Sensabaugh as the FB. Cannon and Swafford were at the wings. Seabolt is quick, and he is a bit bigger than I thought.

DB has some size, but not a lot. Will be interesting to see how we will fare against a big, strong Farragut squad.

Remember the road to the golden ball still goes through M'ville. Do we have enough coaching and size to beat M'ville? The only was to beat M'vill is to beat them at the point of attack. They can't be outcoached. They won't outcoach themselves. In the games they have lost, they were physically whipped on the O and D lines. That is basically where it is.

Thanks Roll Tribe Roll. Your timing was perfect! I Just signed up to ask anyone for an update. Long time supporter, but don't get to travel back to ETN often. Any take on styles of new members of our backfield? Wondering why the change? From what I hear, Tribe fans should be amped for this season. Thanks to all who are there to share details for those not close.

Great thoughts RTR and right on the money.Turnovers and up front are the keys to how good we will be.Pretty much everything that I have thought from the start.If we can grow and peak wirh our play at playoff time,I could careless about early problems we might have.I look forward to going down to Greeneville in a couple of days and hope that helps us some more.Farragut will be a big early test,but not the end of the world.That first game will go a long ways to helping our staff see how we need to get ready for playoff size and speed.