Dobyns-Bennett Football

King-of-Sport

Final varsity score was 3-1 and the special teams were even with DB blocking 2 punts and Central blocking 1 and recovering a muffed punt...DB was held in check in their run game for most of the varsity scrimmage but threw the ball really well...could be a good year for both squads and there was some really good hitting in the scrimmage...I would say that Sensabaugh and Saah(chs MLB) are sore today...they smacked each other all night! Good film for both teams and Central needs to work on passing...and DB had several fumbles!

I haven't seen anything posted on this yet but I heard over the weekend that there's been a coaching change at Sevier. St. Clair is no longer there. I don't know if there has also been a change at Robinson but hear there is a new coach there. Don't know if it head coach though. Also G. Clark is supposed to have more direct say in whats going on with the middle school football programs. Something that I have heard thats been "blocked" in the past. This is something that most "real" DB fans have been wishing for for a long time now. Also heard that Clark has no plans to retire or leave DB football anytime soon. This and whats now taking place in the youth leagues is very good news for the future of DB football. Things are looking up for sure.

I haven't seen anything posted on this yet but I heard over the weekend that there's been a coaching change at Sevier. St. Clair is no longer there. I don't know if there has also been a change at Robinson but hear there is a new coach there. Don't know if it head coach though. Also G. Clark is supposed to have more direct say in whats going on with the middle school football programs. Something that I have heard thats been "blocked" in the past. This is something that most "real" DB fans have been wishing for for a long time now. Also heard that Clark has no plans to retire or leave DB football anytime soon. This and whats now taking place in the youth leagues is very good news for the future of DB football. Things are looking up for sure.

Unless there was a coaching change today at Robinson, there is nothing to report. My son is practicing with the 7th grade team as we speak and he said nothing about a change. I have a great deal of respect for Coach Jeff Frye. He is a man who lives his faith and is a great role model for his athletes. But I guess I'll find out when I pick him up at 5:30.

Unless there was a coaching change today at Robinson, there is nothing to report. My son is practicing with the 7th grade team as we speak and he said nothing about a change. I have a great deal of respect for Coach Jeff Frye. He is a man who lives his faith and is a great role model for his athletes. But I guess I'll find out when I pick him up at 5:30.

Just to make it clear. I was told there was a new coach at Robinson, not that there was a new head coach. I was told in the same conversation that there is a new head coach at Sevier. The big deal here is that Clark will have input at the middle school level. Something that we need.

Just to make it clear. I was told there was a new coach at Robinson, not that there was a new head coach. I was told in the same conversation that there is a new head coach at Sevier. The big deal here is that Clark will have input at the middle school level. Something that we need.

It's true, St.Claire is gone. Thanks God. He has retired from teaching, but has began training to be a referee. He was spotted on the sidelines at a recent DB scrimmage. I heard the new head coach at Sevier was from the Oak Ridge area. Not sure of the name or anything about him.Roll Tribe!!!