Best running back in the Mid State

shaft

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by LB44:

OK about jesse hayes he is not even close to what cothran is now i dont care how fast he runs you are not a good running back unless you can read your blocks break tackles after you get past the line and well run fast so yeah jesse is good but not that good cause the stats would show if he was better than cothran infact you can take cothrans best game and take his yards away and he would still be beating everyone else and you can take 2 games away from him and he would still beat hayes.

enough said

Jesse Can Read His Blocks And Done So Very Well This Year...AS For Breaking Tackles.. Talk To The Teams That Have Played Him And Ask How Hard It Is To Bring Him Down...As For His Stats... One Of The Games Wasn't Reported Add Another 100 Yards To His Stats...Also He Has Only Played In About 11 Quarters In 4 Games Cause The Tigers Have Been Taking Their Starters Out At Half Time Or Half Way In The 3rd IN The First 3 Games... Sooo Jesse Has Right At 700 Yards For The Year Now Take Cothrans 200+ Yard Game Away In Week 0 And Whos In Front??? ;)

So what is your point??????There are several more rushers in the Stae that didn't play in week O.Fairview will sit out in week 9 so then maybe Hayes can catch up..lol.He has not been tested yet..look at the Region games you have played as well as the others.After you play Lewis County and Loretto see if Hayes then is a better back.Cothran had almost 375 against these two good teams.There has many been several games that Cothran didn't play the whole game as well.Do you also realize that Cothran is one of the leading tacklers on the team as well as handling the punting dutys and is on the kick off team.We know you are proud of Hayes...but we are proud of Aaron as well.I am sure both are great backs as well as several others in our region.So quit crying about it till the end of the season and then we will see.Instead of worrying about who is in the lead you better worry about the last game.If you remember last year the game between Fairview and Waverly determined who went to the playoff.....if I remember correctly Cothran ran the ball down yalls throat and sealed the victory.Give some credit to your line.....Here at Fairview we have a great line as well as a fullback that will knock your head off in Adam Stinson.So when we do talk about the best..........You need to mention the rest!!!!!!!!

By the way I went ahead and researched what you are saying.According to your website..Hayes has a total of 643 counting the game where he had 85 yards against the winless Houston County....so if you take away the two hundred yard game of Cothran in week 0...Cothran would still be ahaed 45 yards......this will be the last time I post about this,......the reason why I did again was because of the tears I was seeing......ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!! ;)

Guest 24tigersbaby

OK..Let me start out my saying that in my personal OPINION I believe that Jesse Hayes is the best RB in the state. Let me stress the word OPINION. People in Waverly are very proud of our back field. Which includes Jesse Hayes-tailback, Jake D-fullback, and David Flowers-wingback. I am sure people in Fairview are proud of Cothran. But I do believe that everyone on here has posted their personal OPINIONS. So you quit your crying. No body has been crying on here. They are putting what they think. Everyone is proud of the people that play for there school. So let people voice what they want to and don't try and argue with them and put what they think down. As far as the last game..Don't even try and say that yall are going to run the ball down are throats. We will see when the game gets here. And don't mention last year because that was a totally different team. Waverly was 3-7 last year and now they are 4-0 with 3 shut outs. Waverly is much improved and they are ready and willing to show people that. This year Waverly is fighting hard for what they want, and they are doing a very good job. Keep up the good work Waverly!!! And good luck to you the rest of the season!!!!

Good post 24tigersbaby, we are proud of our man Jesse, and we are very proud of this team, and I just wanna say that all of you out there talkin smack about this team, when are you going to quit underestimating this football team? Everyone has doubted us every week and look at us. Yeah wow 4-0, no big deal right? Yeah wow only 1 team has scored on us, no big deal right? Im not saying ne thing more, im just going to say what i have been sayin all season on here, YOU BETTER BE WATCHING THIS TIGER TEAM CAUSE WE ARENT LETTING DOWN AND WE WILL PROVE IT, and you know even if we do lose a game, so what, the team that plays us and wins sure will be hurting the next mornin and have great respect for us because they WILL remember who they played, and the WILL know that we arent letting down with out a fight til the end. Just sit back and watch... WE ARE NOT LETTING DOWN... THE TIGERS ARE HUNGRY AND WE WONT GO DOWN WITH OUT A FIGHT.. good luck to all! Senior WB/CB #7

When Superman was a sophomore... CHRIS WOODEN!

Talent, strong, quick, great lateral movement, always has his shoulders pointed towards the endzone, very quick cuts, low center of gravity and drive strength, can take a hit, self-motivated, determined to succeed, great character and most of all... THE HEART OF A CHAMPION.

SUPERMAN!

TT Harper from Trousdale County is without a doubt the best running back in the mid-state. He benches over 300 powercleans over 300 and squats over 500 and runs better than a 4.4 forty. I mean nobody you have listed in this catagory even compares to TT Harper. You have to see this athlete perform in a big game to appreciate his athletic abilty. I cant believe you could mention Shaun Wards name in TT Harpers catagory. NO COMPARISON

Middle Tennessee has some fine athletes at the RB position.I don't know if this completely answers this question, but I'm always eager to see which universities sign which players. Who is being recruited by the big schools? More times than not,recruiters are a pretty good judge of talent. The fact is that many are just not big enough,strong enough or fast enough. This doesn't make them bad players,but this thread is looking for the best.

Guest strickland
Posted by dandy82:

Middle Tennessee has some fine athletes at the RB position.I don't know if this completely answers this question, but I'm always eager to see which universities sign which players. Who is being recruited by the big schools? More times than not,recruiters are a pretty good judge of talent. The fact is that many are just not big enough,strong enough or fast enough. This doesn't make them bad players,but this thread is looking for the best.

Shawn Ward has recieved letters from the athletic departments of Vanderbilt (4 letters & an invite to a game), Cumberland University, Centre College, Trinity University, Eastern KY University, Maryville College & Davidson College.