Chattanooga baseball

nucplr

I dont think Rose, can beat LV by himself, who else do they have this year.And what did they do last year. LV has Cass, Patrick, McKaig, Penland coming back all hit at, or above 400. They will have Allison ,Townson,Sawyer and a few more very good players this year. I forgot one they also, got a O'Dell on the team.He lead the team at 443 last year.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LV put him out in the 3rd in the second game.And Grace put him in the 3rd game to try to stop LV, he couldnt get out of the inning. He maybe better this year. I HOPE NOT.

If I recall correctly there were 2 outs when someone missed a routine fly ball in the outfield. If Grace can tighten up their defense behind Rose, which I think they will...they are more experienced, then they have a chance. They were very young last year....they had 3 freshmen routinely playing the infield. As far as their offense, not sure, but they do have Rose, Ruebush, Reagan, Jensen, Long and a couple others who can hit well. Grace is looking forward to a good year and can't wait to get started!

Don't have a dog in the hunt this year but I'd still like to see Grace beat LV. LV is a hard team to beat anytime, especially on their own field. Season before last I saw the LV coach just rip the ump behind the plate a new one for the way he was calling balls and strikes....after that Grace couldn't throw 2 strikes in a row even if their life depended on it! Now, I've seen hundreds of baseball games and have never seen anything like that without the coach not receiving some type of reprimand. Mind you, I'm all for the coach speaking out to try and help his team but he stepped way out of line and showed the ump up! We were all shocked and were thinking that he won't get another close call....I guess we forgot where we were! This and several other "home cookin" instances have I guess stuck in the players heads. I'm sure the LV coach had it all under control! LV players are coached well and work very hard, I can't say enough good about the way they play.

If Coach Dinger was hard on the Umps, they need it. The Umps the last few years have slowly got worst. Call a Ball a Ball & a Strike a Strike! Don't feel sorry if the Pitcher can't throw a strike. Most of the time "Home Cooking" is the right call. Grace will one day will beat LV in baseball and grace fans will jump for joy like a Championship game. But in the Long run LV beats Grace hands down. How many Aces do you think LV faces every year? alot! Good Luck to both teams! GO JACKETS!!!!

Don't have a dog in the hunt this year but I'd still like to see Grace beat LV. LV is a hard team to beat anytime, especially on their own field. Season before last I saw the LV coach just rip the ump behind the plate a new one for the way he was calling balls and strikes....after that Grace couldn't throw 2 strikes in a row even if their life depended on it! Now, I've seen hundreds of baseball games and have never seen anything like that without the coach not receiving some type of reprimand. Mind you, I'm all for the coach speaking out to try and help his team but he stepped way out of line and showed the ump up! We were all shocked and were thinking that he won't get another close call....I guess we forgot where we were! This and several other "home cookin" instances have I guess stuck in the players heads. I'm sure the LV coach had it all under control! LV players are coached well and work very hard, I can't say enough good about the way they play.

If Coach Dinger was hard on the Umps, they need it. The Umps the last few years have slowly got worst. Call a Ball a Ball & a Strike a Strike! Don't feel sorry if the Pitcher can't throw a strike. Most of the time "Home Cooking" is the right call. Grace will one day will beat LV in baseball and grace fans will jump for joy like a Championship game. But in the Long run LV beats Grace hands down. How many Aces do you think LV faces every year? alot! Good Luck to both teams! GO JACKETS!!!!

Ooooohhhh...guess I struck a nerve there "rage".. you must be wound tighter than a $2 watch! I believe the ump was calling a strike a strike and a ball a ball until coach dinger let the ump know that he was not going to let him call the game that way. If coach dinger is that way all the time then I'm sure he will run into an ump that won't allow that, it looked like LV knew how far they could go w/ that ump. Our pitcher was throwing strikes and that is why the LV coach was upset! If I didn't know better because of the way you flipped out on this post that this isn't dinger himself! And by the way, I'm sure that the umpires in this area are appreciative of all of little coach dingers help!

I dont recall that game.And i have seen all home games in the last 7or8 years.The only close game between LV and Grace was 4 years ago at Grace.Thats when the O'Dell kid was in the 10th grade, Grace got one hit that night. O'Dell and Rorex got RBI hits and won 2 to 1. And a trip to the sub state. GREAT GAME.

In the game in question, if you would refer back to your scorebook, Grace was ahead until the coach put on a show and let the ump have it. From then on the game changed, which is exactly what dinger was trying to do! It happens everytime LV gets behind. Hey, I'm not putting the team down at all. As I stated in a earlier post, I think that LV has a strong team. I was only referring to how hard it is to get a win at LV! And you're correct it was a great game!

Ooooohhhh...guess I struck a nerve there "rage".. you must be wound tighter than a $2 watch! I believe the ump was calling a strike a strike and a ball a ball until coach dinger let the ump know that he was not going to let him call the game that way. If coach dinger is that way all the time then I'm sure he will run into an ump that won't allow that, it looked like LV knew how far they could go w/ that ump. Our pitcher was throwing strikes and that is why the LV coach was upset! If I didn't know better because of the way you flipped out on this post that this isn't dinger himself! And by the way, I'm sure that the umpires in this area are appreciative of all of little coach dingers help!

No nerve hit here, Not going Postal! Just don't like cry babies, Sorry! No I'm not Coach Dinger (HaHA). Ask some of the other Grace fans who old RCR is. Has a old Baseball Coach and past Umpire nothing against Umps. Just be in position and do your best to make the right call. See ya at the Gate. :)

Rose should have a good year at Grace. Where did all the David Brainerd players end up?

I saw one pitcher from grace last year that threw pretty hard. looked like the ace and was pretty tall is he still there? david brainerd kids went to Ooltewah and East Hamilton

Two of the better David Brainerd players went to Notre Dame (Sheldon Brogden and Zach Swartout)

can we change the title of this to like baseball for the blind or maybe little league classification. i mean come on we are aruging about grace and lv. who cares neither team will win state okay so can we just get along. and even if they do wow you won in single a great accomplishment. wow guys come on.......

Sorry! We don't have anything else to talk about. How about that Curling in the Winter Games? :) Man I cant wait for some Baseball!!!!!!!