Lewis county Seniors

d2626m

I respectfully ask that if you have nothing good to say that you don't post it here. This is for a thank you and appreciation of the effort the seniors put out this year.

I have a few points I would like to make about this group. You started out with only 12 when you came up to HS. You lost 2 in your freshman year (1 due to injury but he became Team mgr. to be with his group. You have stuck together tighter than any group of players I have seen over many many years. I know this season had to be a disappointment to you, but looking back, look at all you have accomplished. I know a few of the parents to some of you and I can tell you one thing for certain, they are proud of you, everyone and they know how hard you guys worked and how much effort you all put into it. You guys faced almost every week a playoff game, NO other panthers team faced this kind of schedule as far back as I could trace it. I think you guys have set a standard for all the teams that follow that they can shoot for.......determination, grit, team, and believing in one another even when so many didn't. Those players from the past that have made comments and critized this years team shows you about their character. They NEVER faced this level of competition in their playing years week in and week out. They were over rated. I know next year as said earlier they will have their winning record but even those won't have faced what you guys did this year, they will face teams that will be down compared to this years talent, so they should improve.

Just wanted to gave you guys all the credit in the world......I for one am proud to stand up for you.......4,13,19,21,22,25,36,65,75,77......You guys are what the game is all about.......TEAM WORK AND BELIEVING IN EACH OTHER. The fans and coachs and players coming up should look toward this group and learn.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respectfully ask that if you have nothing good to say that you don't post it here. This is for a thank you and appreciation of the effort the seniors put out this year.

I have a few points I would like to make about this group. You started out with only 12 when you came up to HS. You lost 2 in your freshman year (1 due to injury but he became Team mgr. to be with his group. You have stuck together tighter than any group of players I have seen over many many years. I know this season had to be a disappointment to you, but looking back, look at all you have accomplished. I know a few of the parents to some of you and I can tell you one thing for certain, they are proud of you, they know how hard you guys worked and how much effort you all put into it. You guys faced almost every week a playoff game, NO other panthers team faced this kind of schedule as far back as I could trace it. I think you guys have set a standard for all the teams that follow that they can shoot for.......determination, grit, team, and believing in one another even when so many didn't. Those players from the past that have made comments and critized this years team shows you about their character. They NEVER faced this level of competition in their playing years week in and week out. They were over rated. I know next year as said earlier they will have their winning record but even those won't have faced what you guys did this year, they will face teams that will be down compared to this years talent, so they should improve.

Just wanted to gave you guys all the credit in the world......I for one am proud to stand up for you.......4,13,19,21,22,25,36,65,75,77......You guys are what the game is all about.......TEAM WORK AND BELIEVING IN EACH OTHER. The fans and coachs and players coming up should look toward this group and learn.

I have a few points I would like to make about this group. You started out with only 12 when you came up to HS. You lost 2 in your freshman year (1 due to injury but he became Team mgr. to be with his group. You have stuck together tighter than any group of players I have seen over many many years. I know this season had to be a disappointment to you, but looking back, look at all you have accomplished. I know a few of the parents to some of you and I can tell you one thing for certain, they are proud of you, they know how hard you guys worked and how much effort you all put into it. You guys faced almost every week a playoff game, NO other panthers team faced this kind of schedule as far back as I could trace it. I think you guys have set a standard for all the teams that follow that they can shoot for.......determination, grit, team, and believing in one another even when so many didn't. Those players from the past that have made comments and critized this years team shows you about their character. They NEVER faced this level of competition in their playing years week in and week out. They were over rated. I know next year as said earlier they will have their winning record but even those won't have faced what you guys did this year, they will face teams that will be down compared to this years talent, so they should improve.

Great Post!!!!!! I couldn't agree more. One awesome group of boys. Everyone will be a success in life.....no doubt. This team could play with any on the past. This was a "TEAM". They define the word team. Each one counted on the other one and each one laid it all out each time they were on the field. They will have trouble replacing this bunch of players because to many teams have individuals that have to stand out, but as a team this is the cream of the crop. Also they didn't have the record that others in the past have had, but they did make the playoffs just like the others, course they lost in the playoffs......just like the others, and that is the only thing that they have in common. This was a special group of young men that I wish others would have appreciated. The all out effort each game they put out and hung in with teams that were at their peak. Couldn't be prouder of a "TEAM". Good luck in the future to each and everyone of them. I know in years down the road they will appreciate what they really accomplished this year. The won't be remembered for the record, but for the class and toughness. They should be used as an example to all teams coming up what "TEAM" really means.

Not much to add. I got to see them play a few times and all I seen was 100 percent effort, never quit attitude. Tough bunch of young men. Stood up to all the heat given by so many and just kept playing hard. Great example of a team.

Good luck to all of you. Set the class bar very high for others that follow.

Hope more people post for you guys......you deserve all the credit for the amount of work an effort you put out this season.

P.S. I remember reading that the coach said you were a 2-8 team after one preseason (which I got to see against Lexington, appears Lexington was a pretty good team) also said you were the worst team he ever had......but.....you were in the playoffs just like all the others and did about the same......maybe coach needs to look in the mirror and reflect that sometimes the problem isn't the players........Just a thought.

Read this and wanted to add something too. I watched you played two games and those that I saw hard to believe you ended the way you did. It certainly wasn't from trying. Reading all the boards you can tell that you guys never slacked off all year. You hit the weights hard and those numbers showed. The deck kind of was stacked against you this year as far as district but you never let it get in your way from not trying every game. From what I can tell you had 2 bad halfs this year and were in every game. You took on some of the best they have been in years and played them all to the end. Don't hold you heads down, no reason to. I think the coaches got a lesson this year also, not only coaching football but the class of you guys. They will have to go some to ever find a better bunch of kids that this........from top to bottom.....1st class!

I know the fans that hung with you through the season don't think anything less of this group than any other, in fact might appreciate you more than others in the past. You had no gimmies, so to speak, but you fought everyone all out and I'm sure if you asked they all would gave you a nod and a hand shake for the effort you showed them.

As a member of the stat_pack, I heard about this board and wanted to comment.

I really liked what I seen out of this group, not only the seniors but the younger players also.......you guys fought every game no matter what the score or time said. You seniors set a great example for all those that played as younger players and those that stood on the sidelines waiting their turn. I think you taught them what believing in each other can do. Coaches and fans from the first game on starting giving up but you never saw the team out there playing do it. They did it for each other. Next year will show a big improvement not by better players but better situation. It will be tough to replace the Heart, and Trust this bunch had on each other but also their team mates. Lewis has the talent to do well next year and agree with other stat members......your season will show big improvement from this year,but it won't be because of better players replacing this bunch this year. Hopefully the coaches learned something about themselfs and what it will take to win against better comp.

Seniors of 2010.....never a tougher bunch played for Lewis, especially as a team.

As others have stated......Lewis football NEVER played this type of schedule that was loaded in one year......from 1A-4A teams. There was a few wins stolen either through really bad calls or coaching, but you never looked back each week you just went out and practiced hard and gave it your best shot the following Friday. I know so called fans or students and ex-players didn't have much to say good, but what they saw (the few that did show up) was one great team effort and one great "TEAM" . Proud of all of you, not a loser in the bunch, in our view all of you are winners!

As a member of stat pack, You got my respect. One tough bunch of players. We'll remember you guys, not for the record of course but for the effort and support you gave each others even when everyone else didn't. Only two halves this year were bad........all the others you fought the entire way. Not many teams can say you guys didn't play hard the entire game. BTW 22 you showed real heart and grit the last game. I heard about your injury and understand you are still getting treatment.....hope it turns out okay for you. Example of the toughness of this group. I got to see some film on your last game.....everyone of you seniors showed up and played hard. The game was alot better than the score showed. I'm sure you got Camdens respect.....as well as us. Giles, Wayne, Fairview, Page all of them I think you gain respect from them also. Good Luck in the future and thanks for all the hard work and effort you guys laid out this year. :popcorneater:

4117947319_23bffc25de_o.jpg

You may think your funny but you are just a piece of crap. It was asked not to put anything like that when this board started and so far, that is until you, everyone respected the request. Your not funny. Go take your crap somewhere else...this is strictly for appreciation for the effort the seniors put out. If you have issues with the coaching or anything else start your own board and say what you want.....but stay off this one......respectfully request.....again.

This is great! It is so good to read all of these posts about a fine bunch of young men.

YOU ARE ALL WINNERS IN MY BOOK!

You all have played hard, fought to the end, and never gave up. Never before have I been more proud to be a Lewis County Panther fan.

As the last member to get on the board and post I have to agree LCfootballfan, it is great to see this. These kids deserve all the respect for effort and the challenge they faced this year. Boy you look at their schedule from start to finish, the played some of the best in the state at various levels. From early on..Lexingtion, Columbia Central, Giles, Page, Springhill, Wayne, Collinwood, MTP and Fairview.........all playoff teams and many still in the playoffs. (Wayne and Fairview.....whole nother story..lol) I feel as many of the pack does that the coaches (not all) gave up on these kids after one scrimmage and One game, and started to look towards next year. Looking back I agree with the pack, no Lewis county team has played a schedule like this.....EVER. I know the record doesn't reflect how good this bunch really was...but I believe most teams that have Played Lewis would say this team played them hard as any. Every game except 2 they were in till the end. I wish the coaching staff would have left this team alone and played the team they started out with instead of all the changes, I think they would have a much better result than they ended up with.

Seniors you walk proud, you guys played your hearts out every game even though the support wasn't there from both the community and some coaches. You younger players learn from this bunch......."never give up", believe in one another even if others don't, its about team and you guys displayed that all season. Hopefully the coaches learned some lessons this year and will make them better coaches. To you previous players you might learn something also.....respect from this bunch. Look at their schedule and then look back at yours.......you held scrimmages in most of your games whle this bunch actually played football every friday. They didn't lack the talent.....maybe coaching wasn't up to where it should have been because past schedules didn't demand the best out of them, now they have to improve to take the next step. You guys took the best from so many teams this year.....the playoffs are proving it, and yet you were competitive in all except 2 halfs. A lot of games were in the balance till the end. I know you worried alot of opposing coaches till the end. One of the pack is putting together some interesting things on this past season and said he was going to try and get it on here.....from what he told me, I can't wait.

Seniors........the record didn't show how good you were, but every Friday we saw the Heart, Effort, Determination and belief in each other you guys had. Our group are prouder of you guys than others we have seen in the past and appreciate the amount of work and pride you guys showed this year. NO tougher bunch has ever wore the black and gold of Lewis than you guys and you guys Get all the respect over many teams of the past. Wanted to thank each and everyone of you for showing the class all season.