An observation. ATTN: Polk....PEP PEP PEP....

Coach J

I know this may be a little off subject but this is something that needs to be said and needs to relished. I have been a follower of high school football for many many years. Watched crowds of tens of thousands in Texas and seen the fire that made my heart ache and knees shake form the earth trembling noise the crowd makes. I loved watching my nephews go through the White House football program many years ago and felt the adrenaline boil from the BDP fans. I have moved now and picked up following Polk in the new Davis era and watched the crowds grow year in and year out. But I notice every year also that the fire isn't there like in so many other schools fan bases. Yeah you bring 4k to a field but where's the noise? It was so blatantly obvious this past Friday as I turned around from my perch on the fence to see fans more interested in who's going to catch a football from a cheerleader than as to what was happening on the field. Even as the young men made their way onto the field after half time not even a quarter of the bleachers even stood up to cheer them back onto the field. Several 3rd down plays and even a pair of fourths not even a squeak of defense or some other form of support emerged from the crowd. Seriously people these are your son's, nephews, grandchildren and brothers out there playing for an 11-0 team!!! Where's the fire!!! Where's the roar that can be heard across the mountain tops and down to the rivers across the valley? This is your time Wildcats fans and this is how you show it? The only true fire I have seen in years past are from the old man and his young partner that run the sidelines screaming "MOJO,MOJO!!", is this how you guys want to be represented? :roflol: Take this to the bank guys and gals!!! Ignite the pilot light in your hearts with the desire you have for life and show these kids what real support is and I want you to blow the tops of the heads off these 2 jokers when the 11-0 POLK COUNTY WILDCATS, ENTER THE STADIUM, ENTER AT THE HALF, MAKE A PLAY, AND REMAIN THE BEST POLK COUNTY TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED ON THIS FIELD!!!!! :thumb:

Amen to that. When I played for Polk during my freshman and sophomore years we were terrible, and yet there was more excitement from the few hundred that came to the old field than there is now. When we had those back to back nine win seasons, the last of which I was a senior, the crowd could barely contain itself. The student body was excited, the parents were excited, and the fans were excited. Now it seems that the excitement of winning is gone. Polk fans it's only been a few years since we were one of the laughing stocks of TN football, don't take what Coach Davis, his staff, and a good group of boys have done for granted.

In Polk's fans defense, it is hard to get too excited about a game that is never in question. By the time the cheerleaders were throwing out the balls it was already 22-0 and Kingston had shown absolutely no signs of life.

I agree 100% that the fan support is great to have and can really help motivate a tired team. But, in the only 2 games that were ever in question in Polk's season, the crowd (on the road) were very loud and definately excited. At both South Pitt and Bradley, the louder, more enthusiastic crowd was sitting on the visitors side. :thumb:

In Polk's fans defense, it is hard to get too excited about a game that is never in question. By the time the cheerleaders were throwing out the balls it was already 22-0 and Kingston had shown absolutely no signs of life.

Believe me when I say that those days are over.

I look for the Loudon v Polk game to probably be the closest contest in 3A this week.

and the "12th man" may be the biggest asset that these kids will have.

It will take a four quarter effort for the kids of the winning team, It should be for the fans as well.

Believe me when I say that those days are over.

I look for the Loudon v Polk game to probably be the closest contest in 3A this week.

and the "12th man" may be the biggest asset that these kids will have.

It will take a four quarter effort for the kids of the winning team, It should be for the fans as well.

I totally agree. It will take Polk's best effort of the year to win this game.

I agree 100% that the fan support is great to have and can really help motivate a tired team. But, in the only 2 games that were ever in question in Polk's season, the crowd (on the road) were very loud and definately excited. At both South Pitt and Bradley, the louder, more enthusiastic crowd was sitting on the visitors side. :thumb:

Hear,hear,DrFlint.I was gonna say where was this dude at the South Pitt game.Going back four years,where was he at the junior's championship game? Our family eats and breathes football ALL season.On the bye week we travel to watch other teams just for the fun of rooting for someone we DO play against.Its hard to grind it in the opposing teams face when you're ahead by 21 or more.Blowouts suck,in my opinion.Come to the Loudon game.You ought to hear some hollering then.And after going on twelve years of rooting for the 'Cats,from the time our boy was 5,the ol' vocal chords can STILL HOLLER!!!!! :lol:Our boys know we're behind 'em, GO 'CATS! .........P.S.,when we were doing the little league thing ,we always wanted the Loudon game.Great program,great competition. :thumb:

I know this may be a little off subject but this is something that needs to be said and needs to relished. I have been a follower of high school football for many many years. Watched crowds of tens of thousands in Texas and seen the fire that made my heart ache and knees shake form the earth trembling noise the crowd makes. I loved watching my nephews go through the White House football program many years ago and felt the adrenaline boil from the BDP fans. I have moved now and picked up following Polk in the new Davis era and watched the crowds grow year in and year out. But I notice every year also that the fire isn't there like in so many other schools fan bases. Yeah you bring 4k to a field but where's the noise? It was so blatantly obvious this past Friday as I turned around from my perch on the fence to see fans more interested in who's going to catch a football from a cheerleader than as to what was happening on the field. Even as the young men made their way onto the field after half time not even a quarter of the bleachers even stood up to cheer them back onto the field. Several 3rd down plays and even a pair of fourths not even a squeak of defense or some other form of support emerged from the crowd. Seriously people these are your son's, nephews, grandchildren and brothers out there playing for an 11-0 team!!! Where's the fire!!! Where's the roar that can be heard across the mountain tops and down to the rivers across the valley? This is your time Wildcats fans and this is how you show it? The only true fire I have seen in years past are from the old man and his young partner that run the sidelines screaming "MOJO,MOJO!!", is this how you guys want to be represented? :thumb: Take this to the bank guys and gals!!! Ignite the pilot light in your hearts with the desire you have for life and show these kids what real support is and I want you to blow the tops of the heads off these 2 jokers when the 11-0 POLK COUNTY WILDCATS, ENTER THE STADIUM, ENTER AT THE HALF, MAKE A PLAY, AND REMAIN THE BEST POLK COUNTY TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED ON THIS FIELD!!!!! :thumb:

Those two guys who get the crowd going chanting "mojo mojo" drive from oak ridge, if I remember correctly, every friday to see the Wildcats play. The older guy is a Polk alum, and has been doing the chant all through my years of playing for Polk til this day. They are usually great at getting the crowd up and going. I enjoy hearing it :thumb: