Class AAA Mr. Football Finalist Announced

GCPioneer

If Darion Stone doesn't win this award than I don't know what the award is based on. I have looked at all three players stats on the year and stone has the best of the three. He has lead his team to an unbeaten season so far, he has beat teams with his arm and his legs, and single handedly beat his rival school in the last game of the season throwing 3 touchdowns, running for another one, and intercepting the the QB with the most passing yards in prep-extra 2 times. O and he has not thrown one interception all season long. that is so impressive if you really think about it. He deserves this award not only for the numbers he has put up, but for the kind of player he is, and his importance to his team. Darion Stone, Mr. Football award winner

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Boro fanatic, but I saw something last Friday that really impressed me. Two words: Reed Gurcheik. He did things last Friday that I don't think I have seen. I will be real honest and say that I underestimated the Bears especially their QB. As soon as I saw what he did to us, I was a believer. My vote is for Reed Gurcheik.

I agree with all who have stated that MJ's QB was the best they had seen all season. That kid had an arm like nobody's business and was deadly accurate. I was VERY impressed with his mobility, too. Our D Line has manhandled anyone all year that wanted to throw against us but he stood in there and was great under pressure all night long.

Now for my biased vote.....Tim McAdoo! This is his 2nd consecutive nomination and he is quite deserving. Hope he can pull in the votes this year.

Darian Stone's regular season numbers:

Comp/Att: 101/183

Yards: 1684

TD: 17

Int: 0

Rushing:

att: 90

Yards:571

TD: 10

dont forget that stone also had a running back that rushed for 1300 yards and 17 tds and another with 400 and 5 tds so he was on a team that had other weapons and still put up awesome numbers, the 0 interceptions is crazy too, ive never seen a player with that kind of production and no picks in an entire season, hes now up to 11 games without a pick and has only thrown 4 in the last 22 games if you include last season.