Cannon County Football

wildcat5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright I will put in my two cents on this matter,like it or dislike it, I could careless. Barger started the slow turn around of the program back when he was hired in 05. Teaching the players that were there then basic football.Actually using the weight room (no bigger than the size of the concession stand at feild), actually started teaching some discipline.All of this was something Cannon had not had in sometime.Having some moderate success (compared to past twenty years) Support started to grow. This got the ball rolling in Lion country. With Bartsch comming to power prior to the 08 season, And him bringing the wing-t with him everyone thought it would be a great year. Andrew is a good man, not so much as a coach. Wildcat I believe you were the one who just fell in love with ole Andy. Bartsch had no common sense in the game of football. I mean seriously he got his plays off of youtube. Even posted his OWN PLAYBOOK on there. Need I mention he called how many onside kicks?? This senior class you talk of that had no talent, and no work ethic. Not only that senior class but the team in 08 had arguably more talent than any team within the past thirty years,(Young, Baily, Logan, Harris, Seng, Roggers, O'Neal, Parker, Fann) more size and speed than anytime since when the robison and alexander boys played. Wildcat ask any of those boys listed there if they just expected to show up and play. They all worked there tails off, alongside there teammates. Bartsch had no respect for anyone bottom line. Onto coach Shcrenk (unsure on correct spelling) He came in with a decent situation. New AD who is secretly a football nut, New principal who actually wants teams to suceed, what players that are left the bartsch didnt run off, actually had a reasonable knowladge of football, not to mention quite a bit of tallent. Hired just prior to spring practice the man did not have half the time he should have. This coach took his handful of players installed and offense completly opposite of what they had been taught the past few years, and did a heck of a job. This is the future Cannon. People have been saying it for a long time now, "the year is comming" since the youth league was started. Now Finally we can start to see the diffrence that makes to have boys in helmets many years before HS. Coach Schrenk, you and your staff did a great job this year. To the boys from the 09 team. You guys worked your tails off and made this whole town proud. GO LIONS

My take on Coach Shrenk firing the d coordinator is why try to fix something when its not broke. This is ridiculous. Positives for next year?

I for sure don't know the story in this situation, but CC had one of the better defenses that we (Smith County) saw last year. I was extremely impressed with their db's. I thought that the defense of CC was the key to their success.

• 3 months later...

yea im back.....anybody miss me? im sure my associate "ankles" will return when the season starts......well for one congrats on play offs but why is everyone hysterical? didnt Cannon go 6-5 just like the '07 team? and the '08 team woulda went atleast 8-2 in regular season with even a halfway decent coach.....and P-spy ive never had a problem with you but it seems like in a previous post you called #30 from the '08 team a sellout more or less....please clear this up for me because if i didnt misunderstand what you were sayin you have a lot to learn....Barger was like a father to that boy and when Barger left Harris (as most the seniors) just wanted to prove what he left behind and sadly #6 (Young) got hurt in preseason which limited his abilities and is really the only reason #30 stood out.... and actually if Young stayed healthy Harris woulda had an even bigger yr and nobody woulda stopped that O even with Bartsch callin the plays because Young and Harris woulda been like a McFadden/Jones or Ingram/Richardson dangerous duo as in you cant stop them both and by stoppin one the other kills you and if ou try to even out the D they both kill you.....But im looking fwd to seeing what Cannon get get done this year comin off the best season in 2 yrs ha ha ha ha :D seriosly tho good job on play offs and build off of it for next season and ill try to make a game or 2

• 4 weeks later...

"Who is going to run the defense??? Seems Shrenk is going about coaching similar to what goes on down at the baseball fields....heard rumor he is using parents as coaches???? There are some local parents who have played football at the college level and that maybe who he has gotten to help...let's hope so... The big question is who is going to run his offense and the BIGGER question is who is going to run the defensive side of the ball???????

GOOD LUCK TO THE LIONS AND AS ALWAYS I WILL BE THERE TO CHEER THEM ON AND POST THINGS THAT SOME PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO HERE....THE TRUTH....."

P-Spy I usually agree with most of the things you post but whats with slamming Schrenk? He seemed to do a good job last season if I remember, or do we have short memories? How does Schrenk coach similar to what goes on at baseball fields??? The team will be down with talent level from memory of who should be coming back but play calling wont make any difference.

This will be an inexperienced team but a team that will also give everything it takes to win on the field. I for one am pumped to know spring football is a week or so away, can't wait to see what we have to get excited about!!!

GO LIONS!!!

• 1 month later...

"Who is going to run the defense??? Seems Shrenk is going about coaching similar to what goes on down at the baseball fields....heard rumor he is using parents as coaches???? There are some local parents who have played football at the college level and that maybe who he has gotten to help...let's hope so... The big question is who is going to run his offense and the BIGGER question is who is going to run the defensive side of the ball???????

GOOD LUCK TO THE LIONS AND AS ALWAYS I WILL BE THERE TO CHEER THEM ON AND POST THINGS THAT SOME PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO HERE....THE TRUTH....."

P-Spy I usually agree with most of the things you post but whats with slamming Schrenk? He seemed to do a good job last season if I remember, or do we have short memories? How does Schrenk coach similar to what goes on at baseball fields??? The team will be down with talent level from memory of who should be coming back but play calling wont make any difference.

This will be an inexperienced team but a team that will also give everything it takes to win on the field. I for one am pumped to know spring football is a week or so away, can't wait to see what we have to get excited about!!!

GO LIONS!!!

Coach Shrenk doesn't realize the damage he is doing to the boys that stood behind him last year on those sidelines and watched their teammates fight to the end. Shrenk is very unappreciative of the sacrifices and dedication and the time these boys have put in..his way of thanking them is to recruit the basketball team and let them start and play for him this fall. ( He had boys last year that played with heart, sweat, tears, emotions and are standing on the sidelines this year). I know of one of the parent coaches and that is a joke...he is just coaching to get his son a starting position..when the little boy doesn't even want to play, I just hope the little boy doesn't get hurt..will it be worth it dad? I am sure Shrenk will still let you hold his balls every Friday night! Oh oh I forgot he probably also is one of Shrenk's top dollar giver..apparently if you give you can be anything you want on the team. I think he screwed up when he didn't push and fight for Coach Bernie to stay, that is someone who cares about these boys. That is the reason they went district last year because Coach Bernie used the talent that he had and taught them to be stronger and better and not let anyone get by them. Coach Bernie lifted them up and built self esteem and knowledge and love of the game last year. Coach Shrenk has tore all that down and the year hasn't even begun. I say SHAME ON YOU COACH SHRENK it is time for you to BE GONE! BRING COACH BERNIE BACK!

So let me get this right, Coach comes in his first year and wins the District. However,bad calls in first round playoff game and they lose. Which Coaches as players do have bad games. This next part blows me away. I have read on here where some people want this coach gone. After you guys won the District, you want to fir the coach? From an outsider point of view reading this thread I'm just dumbfounded why you guys are saying this. I can see why 3 coaches in 4 years, maybe its the community running the show?

Okay time to come out of hidding. CC insider, Coach B is a great coach extremly smart in the game of football, I will never down the man for lacking knowledge. Coach Schrenck must have his reason for letting the DC go. Honestly who are any of us to complain Schrenck brought home the region title last year, be happy and support the man, stand behind your coach and your team. I'm a alum now have been for a year now. I was there when the program began the turn around phase ( if you know cc football you'll know who I am), so far this coach has done nothing wrong, except for not beating dekalb haha. Good luck lions on the 2010 season, the bullseye is on your back this year!

Whats the deal with everyone slamming Shrenk? Coach bernie was a great coach but Shrenks here now, and he's doing good things for that program. Summer workouts have been going on, ill drive by in the morning and see 30 kids out in the parking lot running at 6:30. I was extremely impressed at the sequatchie scrimmage with the team. Losing 12 seniors really hurt but it looked good. good luck to the lions and keep working hard, it will pay off. any comments about the scrimmage?

• 3 weeks later...
Just watch and see. You will see that he really isnt a coach at all. Plus rumor is he wont even be here for fall??? Seems wife has moved?

CCINSIDER = IDIOT!!!

He is more of a coach than you will ever be!!! He and the players did an awesome job last season and I can't wait till fall starts to see what the Lions have to offer this season. Good luck LIONS