Has Davidson Academy

bigreese82

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, USJ has done some field manipulation too. I remember several years ago helicopters were flown in to dry our field for a semi-final match against DCA. :thumb:

Will someone who was at this game give some details? From what I read in the paper it sounds like it was a classic. How was DA able to keep USJ to 92 passing yards?? Wow.

DA's defense really stepped up. The QB for USJ made some plays with his feet but the passing game for USJ was non-existant for the majority of the game. USJ had a huge run in the first half for a score but DA dropped 7-8 people all game long and got good pressure from their line. I believe Martindale had 3 catches beofre the last drive.

DA was on around the 20 yard line up 13-9 with about 2 min left in the game and they were in run out the clock mode...USJ was out of timeouts.Crowd was celebrating...Then a reverse was called an there was a fumble. DA went into a loose prevent defense and they through short passes all the way dwn the field. The clock/ref didnt start the clock on 2-3 plays...their was a discussion and it was determined that their was 13 seconds left after the clock last ran from 42 seconds. USJ ran 3 plays in 29 seconds

Then they threw a fade to Martindale for the win with 12 seconds remaining

Alright bigreese. Its amazing how the field was wet, yet your practice field and the grass around the stadium was completely dry? Just wondering. I guess there must have been a rain cloud that only opened up above the field... Nice one DA!

nuthin new here. they did the same thing to the game field when webb played there. the practice field had dried mud from rain early in the week but somehow the game field was a mud pit. also the grass area where webb fans tailgated wasn't muddy either. whatever. usj made u pay anyway.

The 6th grader that was with us even said when we were getting back in car.....why is the grass dry here? I thought it had rained all week here.

From being on the field after the game is over, I think it is going to cost some big bucks to repair the field....it has been a long time since I have seen one that chewed up after a game.