District 13AA, season thread

GCPioneer

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can promise you that GC will not beat themselves. GC is too well coached and has enough good talent to not beat themselves. If a team beats GC this year, they'll definately have to earn it! I'm curious as to how deep we'll be on the bench this year and how well the other 2 in the starting 5 will do.

GC..Do you think the Lady Pioneers will go undefeated again ??.....I personally don't but I do consider them favorites for the Gold Ball....

Did they upgrade their schedule any, other than the new district teams??..With that state title and three D1 signees, looks like coach would want to showcase them in some quality tournaments...

GC..Do you think the Lady Pioneers will go undefeated again ??.....I personally don't but I do consider them favorites for the Gold Ball....

Did they upgrade their schedule any, other than the new district teams??..With that state title and three D1 signees, looks like coach would want to showcase them in some quality tournaments...

LOL, I'd love for the Lady Pioneers to go undefeated this year! 70-0 in 2 years...how many other teams can say that, ya know? As for it happening, I'm not quite sure. However, stopping 3 D1 players on the same team, I'm not quite sure. Our 2 post players are the best duo of post players in West TN for sure. It's very hard to defend them both at the same time and that's evident in last years state tournament as Griffin had a double double in all 3 games and Reedy was in double figures in all 3 games. I'm going to make a bold prediction and I've said it on here before. I expect GC and Westview to play 5 times this year. Two times in the season, district and regional championship, and then the state championship. That'd be absolutely awesome!!!!

As for un upgrade in our schedule, I don't think it's happening. I do know that Gibson Co. is playing in the Westview Thanksgiving tournament. Also, we're doing the Gibson Co. Christmas tournament once again and I believe there are 2 more teams from out of this area coming to play in it. Other than these 2 tournaments, our quality tournament to showcase talent will be in Murfreesboro.

LOL, I'd love for the Lady Pioneers to go undefeated this year! 70-0 in 2 years...how many other teams can say that, ya know? As for it happening, I'm not quite sure. However, stopping 3 D1 players on the same team, I'm not quite sure. Our 2 post players are the best duo of post players in West TN for sure. It's very hard to defend them both at the same time and that's evident in last years state tournament as Griffin had a double double in all 3 games and Reedy was in double figures in all 3 games. I'm going to make a bold prediction and I've said it on here before. I expect GC and Westview to play 5 times this year. Two times in the season, district and regional championship, and then the state championship. That'd be absolutely awesome!!!!

As for un upgrade in our schedule, I don't think it's happening. I do know that Gibson Co. is playing in the Westview Thanksgiving tournament. Also, we're doing the Gibson Co. Christmas tournament once again and I believe there are 2 more teams from out of this area coming to play in it. Other than these 2 tournaments, our quality tournament to showcase talent will be in Murfreesboro.

I'm going with Gibson Co..Westview won by 6 over the Lake Co girls last night..at least I believe it was 6 but neither team really shot the ball very well..Rechis may have had 5 points..She missed several shots that normally she'd make..Lake Co looked to be the quicker of the two teams with Westview having a little more size..Lake Co started off,right off the bat driving to the basket and made a two pointer but was called for a charge and wiped the 2 points off..Lake Co was behing by 2 points with about 3 seconds to go in the first quarter with about 3 seconds left and Westview taking the ball out and the younger Swain threw up a prayer from about 5 feet beyond the 3 point line with 1 second showing on the clock and it banked in off the back board...The charge and that shot was a 5 point swing that just happened to go against Lake Co..But that's just the way it is sometimes.Mariah Matthews missed about 5 wide open 3's that looked good but just seemed to rim out..Also missed a couple wide open layups,something that seemskeep happening for some reason..On one of those..nobody within 5 feet..I believe the Gibson Co press will bother Westview..The Lady Chargers turned the ball over several times in the 2nd quarter and Lake Co didnt take advantage..T.T. played pretty well ,especially in setting her team up for open jumpers but they seemed to keep missing..T.T. finally started taking the ball to the hole and made a few or was fouled...But she also missed a couple that just rolled off the rim..Lake Co put a player in at the start of the second quarter...dont know who she was..she turned the ball over about 3 times in a row that hurt at the time...I believe she played before the Phelps girl did..Lake Co had plenty of opportunities to have won the game..All in all..not bad but have to start making open shots and easy layups...Both teams will usually shoot better I would imagine..Rechis didn't shoot an awful lot..May have taken about 8 or 9 shots..Made maybe a couple..T.T. guarded her the 2nd quarter and I thought her speed took away from her getting wide open looks..!

Purple, I might take back my words. The possibility of GC going undefeated may be more likely than I thought. GC beat JCM 61-9 in two quarters of basketball last night. Yes, we did play Freshman and Sophomores and we played them quite a bit! We're just as deep as last year and the 2 players that are filling in for the 2 that graduated last year seemed to fit right into place out on the floor. I bet we had 4 or 5 different people in double figures last night in those 2 quarters. JCM wasn't that bad either. They were extremely athletic and quick, but our press wore them down 2 minutes into the game.

Purple, I might take back my words. The possibility of GC going undefeated may be more likely than I thought. GC beat JCM 61-9 in two quarters of basketball last night. Yes, we did play Freshman and Sophomores and we played them quite a bit! We're just as deep as last year and the 2 players that are filling in for the 2 that graduated last year seemed to fit right into place out on the floor. I bet we had 4 or 5 different people in double figures last night in those 2 quarters. JCM wasn't that bad either. They were extremely athletic and quick, but our press wore them down 2 minutes into the game.

WOW, I had another word to go in there, but it wasn't board friendly lol.... GOOD LUCK to Gibson County! I'm routing for ya'll in AA!

I heard the younger Reedy, she would be Reedy IV, was a beast......Heard it was 30 something to 0 at one point... :popcorneater:

I heard the younger Reedy, she would be Reedy IV, was a beast......Heard it was 30 something to 0 at one point... :roflol:

Little Reedy probably had about 6 or 8 points. She did post up JCM's starting post player and went across the lane and hit a little hook shot. GC's going to be very solid over the next 4-6 years. Next year might be a little drop off compared to these past 2 years, but it'll pick right back up the year after that. Our press is just so intense and under control that it's going to give almost every team we play fits. We play Dresden tomorrow night @ Gibson Co. I'll post update on that game.