What it takes to be a championship team

techinally football mom the dawg really hasn't said anything that isn't true, alcoa's open enrollment has helped their championship teams. it does seem that kinda got under your skin. and that being condescending to a woman line is just a crutch, you where condescending to him first, saying that he was "spewing vomit" when he made a valid point. don't take a swing in one post and then play the victim in the next. and don't take it so personal, usually when something elicits a response like yours it's because there was truth in what was said.

snoball....out! :popcorneater:

Plenty of people bring up the open enrollment issue, but not many have been able to explain how it accounts for Alcoa's 10 championships. If you respond please be specific :thumb: Hint: You should be able to provide ratio of homegrown players to imports BTW if you don't know anything about the neighborhoods (Hall, Springbrook, etc.) you may want to stay out of it :lol:

again, if the topic of open enrollment comes up and you feel the need to nulify it and completely omit it from the conversation, then chances are it's hitting a nerve.

now, read this carefully...

alcoa has ALL the intangible's that a team needs to do what they've done throughout the years, coaching, community support, tradition, athletes, blah blah blah, AND they have open enrollment, which means they have a pool to draw players from that is much more than schools without open enrollment and i don't have to give statistics to validate that obvious fact. and if you can not see and agree that that is advanatagious then you are entering a part of the conversation that is beyond your depth. :D

i like alcoa and enjoy watching them succeed, but i realize that they have an advantage with open enrollment, it is not the deciding or priciple reason for their success, but it does contribute. :ugeek:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be a champion you must have great kids that all want to work together for a common purpose. YOu will also need at least one or two stand out athletes, you must be lucky because at some point during the year you will not play a great game and hopefully your luck will get you through that. In the palyoff this year you need to stay out of quad two in order to only have to put together one complete game rather than play top teams every week through the playoffs.

techinally football mom the dawg really hasn't said anything that isn't true, alcoa's open enrollment has helped their championship teams. it does seem that kinda got under your skin. and that being condescending to a woman line is just a crutch, you where condescending to him first, saying that he was "spewing vomit" when he made a valid point. don't take a swing in one post and then play the victim in the next. and don't take it so personal, usually when something elicits a response like yours it's because there was truth in what was said.

snoball....out! :popcorneater:

Plenty of people bring up the open enrollment issue, but not many have been able to explain how it accounts for Alcoa's 10 championships. If you respond please be specific :thumb: Hint: You should be able to provide ratio of homegrown players to imports BTW if you don't know anything about the neighborhoods (Hall, Springbrook, etc.) you may want to stay out of it :o

all i can tell you is that if milan had open school zones then we would be getting kids from jackson,humboldt,trenton and carroll co. wanting to play football at milan because of our winning tradition and we would have about 10 more gold balls on top of the 4 we earned without open school zones. it's easier to win championships when you can pretty much hand pick your team and talent. i would love to see a real alcoa vs. milan game in the future. pretty sure milan would mercy you guy's by the 3rd qtr. NOW YOU HAVE A NICE AND SPECIFIC DAY. :roflol:

I love how no matter what the topic Milan and Alcoa always comes up. The topic could be Jay Leno Hits Rosie, and someone will read Alcoa vs. Milan :roflol: .

In all seriousness though Alcoa deserves respect from every team in the state regardless of OPEN or CLOSED zoning. If we could do the things that Alcoa has the privileges everyone would.

Now IMO, a Championship team needs:

A. Great and Smart coaching staff- The teams starts here. The coaches have to not only Know Football, but they also have to be stern and motivating. Teaching football is just the beggining, the hard part is taking a GROUP of boys and turning them into a TEAM of MEN. Coaches have to believe in their young men, and the Players have to trust their coaches.

B. Atleast Some Talent- Each team has to have at least One if not more kid/Kids who can Pass, Run, Catch, Tackle, or all of those combined very well. Talent is what are all College and NFL coaches are looking for so why would it be any different at the High School level.

C. Money- The better equipment that a school has to use during the Offseason(Weight training etc. etc.) the more they can progress their skills. All the great programs have some of the best equipment.

D. Fan support- The community has a huge impact on these young men's minds if a community thinks negatively of them they typically win very few games.

all i can tell you is that if milan had open school zones then we would be getting kids from jackson,humboldt,trenton and carroll co. wanting to play football at milan because of our winning tradition and we would have about 10 more gold balls on top of the 4 we earned without open school zones. it's easier to win championships when you can pretty much hand pick your team and talent. i would love to see a real alcoa vs. milan game in the future. pretty sure milan would mercy you guy's by the 3rd qtr. NOW YOU HAVE A NICE AND SPECIFIC DAY. :evil:

You (Milan) meet the "real" Alcoa last year in the ship. . .need I say more :lol:

again, if the topic of open enrollment comes up and you feel the need to nulify it and completely omit it from the conversation, then chances are it's hitting a nerve.

alcoa has ALL the intangible's that a team needs to do what they've done throughout the years, coaching, community support, tradition, athletes, blah blah blah, AND they have open enrollment, which means they have a pool to draw players from that is much more than schools without open enrollment and i don't have to give statistics to validate that obvious fact. and if you can not see and agree that that is advanatagious then you are entering a part of the conversation that is beyond your depth. :lol:

i like alcoa and enjoy watching them succeed, but i realize that they have an advantage with open enrollment, it is not the deciding or priciple reason for their success, but it does contribute. :evil:

I did not nullify anything, I asked a question. How does your open enrollment argument account for the 10 championships? And yes you do need to give statistics, but you can't can you. You just like to join the "Alcoa wins because of open enrollment/recruit bandwagon" where is the proof?

I'm not an alcoa fan but I just don't understand why Milan always talks about the open school zone. Don't get mad that you have all of those silver balls in your trophy case. I'm sure that over the years you have had some players that have came into your program outside your school zone. Just be happy that you get to the ship, but realize that west tn football isn't on the same level as the east is. Especially not this year.

alcoa has ALL the intangible's that a team needs to do what they've done throughout the years, coaching, community support, tradition, athletes, blah blah blah, AND they have open enrollment, which means they have a pool to draw players from that is much more than schools without open enrollment and i don't have to give statistics to validate that obvious fact. and if you can not see and agree that that is advanatagious then you are entering a part of the conversation that is beyond your depth. :D

i like alcoa and enjoy watching them succeed, but i realize that they have an advantage with open enrollment, it is not the deciding or priciple reason for their success, but it does contribute. :shock:

I did not nullify anything, I asked a question. How does your open enrollment argument account for the 10 championships? And yes you do need to give statistics, but you can't can you. You just like to join the "Alcoa wins because of open enrollment/recruit bandwagon" where is the proof?

let me sum up the last two lines of my previous post.

open enrollment is not BIG reason for 10 Championships

open enrollment DOES help the cause

i do not know how much more i can dumb that down. if you can not realize that very simple fact, then i'm wasting my time talking to a fool. :D

open enrollment is not BIG reason for 10 Championships

open enrollment DOES help the cause

i do not know how much more i can dumb that down. if you can not realize that very simple fact, then i'm wasting my time talking to a fool. :shock:

Now who's under whose skin? :D

"Alcoa has this pool to draw players from yadda yadda yadda" :o

Listen, I follow McMinn Central and McMinn athletics. How can you worry about an open enrollment problem? How far is Maryville and Alcoa High School from each other? It is obvious that this area is loaded with talent. Was it not a couple of years ago that William Blount was a top team in the state. My point is they are doing something right in this area to promote football, and prepare kids to play high school ball.

In my opinion, we all would love to see a Gold Ball to our respected schools. I feel coaches that give a kid an opportunity to enjoy the best 4 years of their sports life in a good moral way - They will be a champion!