Region 1 Wrestling

HULK123

I am thankful to Logan and Justin for reviving what I thought might be forever lost at Jeff County. I am proud of Justin because he has become a fine man.

Don't anybody disparage my boys.

I could not agree with you more AC! You had built that program to a point that I thought that school would NEVER see.

Turley destroyed what you had built up to be a very competitive program.

But at least he was consistant! :lol:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats right, I have't been on here in months and didn't plan on being on now till someone asked me about my post last mon. at regional duals. Only thing I can say is it is not me. You can believe it or not!!!!

Don"t know who FHU423 is and really don't care.

By the way you know about "other " screen names don't you

Kilowatt

Jeff County took 13 in 1997-had Scott Fandetti lived, it would have been fourteen as he would have gone 119 and pushed Waylon Lowe down to 112. We had a really good 112 pounder that year in Nathan Cate. He would have placed, but it was just too difficult for him to hold the weight. He wrestled 130 the next year; in today's era there would have been no way he would have been allowed to go 112. He would never have passed hydration or the fat test.

Science Hill took 12 in 2002 and 2003.

As large as the region has become, SHHS qualifying all 14 will take a great effort and a bit of luck.

Unless Farrace, Brimer, Hollowell, or Hooban had a team that took 14, I don't think it has been done, especially in the new configuration.

By the way, congratulations to Tony Farrace who on Saturday was inducted into the Science Hill Sports Hall of Fame.

Jeff County took 13 in 1997-had Scott Fandetti lived, it would have been fourteen as he would have gone 119 and pushed Waylon Lowe down to 112. We had a really good 112 pounder that year in Nathan Cate. He would have placed, but it was just too difficult for him to hold the weight. He wrestled 130 the next year; in today's erea there would have been no way he would have been allowed to go 112. He would never have passed hydration or the fat test.

Science Hill took 12 in 2002 and 2003.

As large as the region has become, SHHS qualifying all 14 will take a great effort and a bit of luck.

Unless Farrace, Brimer, Hollowell, or Hooban had a team that took 14, I don't think it has been done, especially in the new configuration.

By the way, congratulations to Tony Farrace who on Saturday was inducted into the Science Hill Sports Hall of Fame.

AC,

My senior year (90-91), we took 12 to the state tournament at Morristown East. We only had 13 weight classes then (215 did not exist). The lone soul left behind was Shawn (Buzzy) Reufer (sp?). He was our 103 then. His goal for the season mid-way through December changed from placing in the Region to making it to the second period. He finally made it at the Region Tournament. Even Hooban questioned whether or not it was worth getting the 6 points on forfiets by keeping him around. LOL!